Parent reviews for The Haunted Pumpkin of Sleepy Hollow

The Haunted Pumpkin of Sleepy Hollow Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

A Rewarding Halloween Oddity

When my son was 4, he got really into the Headless Horseman (we visit sleepy hollow every Halloween). We couldn’t find any age-appropriate related media (either too scary or quite boring), until stumbling upon this. It is so odd in some ways - the voice acting is bad, animation flat and the story is strange (it’s about a pumpkin some kids pick to enter in a contest that happens to be haunted with the spirit of the horseman’s head but some crooks have also stolen the original copy of the legend of sleepy hollow manuscript and hidden it in the pumpkin so everyone wants it). I have no idea where it came from or who it is for and it’s only on dvd - we literally still own a DVD player only to watch this. But - what a hit! We all really love it. My son is 7 now and it’s still a huge part of our Halloween traditions. It’s not too scary but a little bit, not violent but action packed and the villains insult each other with words that seem naughty but are tame (like “dunderhead”). Also the theme song is so catchy, not kidding we catch ourselves singing it year round. It’s worth hunting down - not much like it out there.

Recommend for the kids.

Since he was about 3, this has been favourite of our oldest who loves all things spooky (bonus points for keeping his baby brother occupied as well.) It's been played so many times we've had to replace our original copy. The animation doesn't compare to the likes of Disney and Pixar and some of the voice acting is overdone - but the kids absolutely adore it.

My 5yo loved it

I appreciated the absence of violent injury. Sure, there were characters fleeing [slightly] scary things, but nobody gets hurt. There's no bad language or innuendo. Nice to find a Halloween movie we could watch.