Kid reviews for The Hundred-Foot Journey

The Hundred-Foot Journey Poster Image

Great family movie.

Pretty warm, great and some relatable situations. Entire family loves cooking so very relatable. Good crack at jokes as well, and dabbles on discrimination a little. 8+ because that's the age I watched it at, and loved it. Still do years on.

Issues of Racism and Competition

Film Review: The One Hundred Foot Journey In the movie: The One Hundred Foot Journey a boy called Hassan & his Indian family move to England after a horrible tragedy destroyed their old restaurant. They open a new restaurant right next to a new competitor and Hassan must do all that he can in order to survive in this new culinary world, even if it means going against his ultra-traditional father. A breathtaking tragedy story that just goes to show that you can not only adapt, but thrive in a new environment. Issues of Racism and competition are not put over a pillow in this film, which shows a mature tone that is meant to make you think about life’s challenges in a new way. All of the characters in this amazing movie are relatable, funny, and can make you feel an extra umph in your heart whenever they play the next scene, with brilliant camerawork in support. The relationships, whilst looking forced on the surface, grow into something greater over the course of the film. The food that is cooked in the film, looks as if I could go to India or France and actually be served what I see on screen. With all of those things in mind, I give The One Hundred Foot Journey 9 out of 10 stars.

GREAT FILM.

It was really good although it was incredibly cheesy at times. I really enjoyed it.

An awesome movie.

Great cooking movie with great messages

I saw this movie for the first time recently. I honestly did not care for it much the first around but the second time around I enjoyed it more. The movie has great messages such as do not judge people based on where they are from. If younger children watch it might be worth skipping through the 2 scenes.

Boring drama falls flat in this awful flick

My rating PG for: brief language, including kissing.

Beautiful and heartwarming tale about accepting differences.

I recently watched this movie and found it very inspiring with great messages as well. Younger children may be rattled by the violence and conflict that occurs early on in the movie but will be comforted knowing that the main characters learned to accept their differences and even befriend each other. There is some drinking (well, it IS France) and some kissing, including one very passionate one, and as for the moment where Hassan and Marguerite exit a closet you can hardly tell it may have been a very intimate moment. Overall very eye-opening and charming. 5/5 stars!

A sweet, heartfelt, sometimes funny, delicious film. Not only it's one of the best films for the summer, it's also one of the best films of 2014. The cast performed really well. The soundtrack was great, but the cinetography was stunning. Oh, and the food they made looked delicious(I said that already).

Remarkably unremarkable.

I only saw this for two reasons: the theater that I work at was playing it so I could see it for free, and two of my friends were interested in this (but they didn't like it). In a nutshell, this is basically bland comfort food for your grandmother. It's kind of interesting how unremarkable this is. Everything from the characters to the dialogue to the plot (every thread of it) is so clichéd that it comes off as a more culturally-diverse two-hour episode of Full House. The comic relief throughout is lame and unfunny, while the actual dramatic moments are unintentionally funny and awkwardly staged. If you like tired plots and absolutely nothing new, then you might like this, but it'll also help if you're within the target demographic. (However, there was an elderly couple in my showing that left because they were bored and uninterested.) And speaking of which, this movie is 122 minutes long, which is about 75 to 100 minutes too long, because, again, this is like a Lifetime movie or a Full House episode given how unoriginal and awkward it is to watch, and Helen Mirren doesn't even do much. The most entertainment I got from this was laughing at it with the people that I saw it with, but even after 85 minutes, they were bugging me to leave with them (and they were interested in seeing it). 4/10, bad, two thumbs up, far below average, etc.

My Opinion

So, first off I'd like to say that just because I'm over 13 years old, I still am very picky when it comes to the movies I watch sometimes. I was kind of iffy about seeing this movie in theater when it said it involved this mob burning this restaurant down and then another scene with 2 men burning a restaurant with fire bombs. Because the sound of that even scared me a little. . . But this movie is way better than it sounds. It is full of comedy and romance :) LOL I would suggest for parents with kids maybe 12 or under- to watch this at home when u are able to fast forward the scenes with the fire and the one scene where the main character and Margaret come out of a closet together. But besides that: I really liked this movie and lots of families will too. :)