Kid reviews for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 Poster Image

AMAZING movie! Please watch!

I thought this movie was spectacular! It was the best out of the previous installments in my opinion. The emotion has an effect on you, and the music is so Beautiful 😍!! “The Hanging Tree” I thought it was so beautifully sung… I mean compared to the lady who read the Mockingjay audiobook (sorry no offense to Carolyn McCormick, you’re a great reader, and I bet you can sing very pretty) kudos to James Newton Howard how did all the music for the movies. So here’s about the story: (no spoilers) One character claims another character told him he had to be desirable and be a prostitute of the capitol on live television, characters are believed to be tortured, but it’s not shown. A character visits a hospital of dead and sick people, it’s bombed after by someone, making everyone dead. Someone kisses someone, so that someone has to decide between two people, not really explained. They get news that they need to go into a bunker, they are there for 24 hours because of bombing. Violence=weapons. So that’s I think all you need to know. Great move, would definitely recommend! 😀
1 person found this helpful.
This is a very well crafted film. I found it gripping and immersive. Most of the action scenes seemed realistic and plausible which I always find more exciting/scary than cartoonish cgi action. Really solid performances from several of the supporting cast and top quality work as usual from Jennifer Lawrence.

love...Love...LOve...LOVe...LOVE!!!!

SO GOOOOOOODDDD! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! LIKE U DONT EVEN KNOW.

Great movie within the series.

This movie is thought provoking and well done, and is an amazing and necessary addition to the series. The story could not have been accomplished in three movies, and this movie was majorly important mainly as a set up for mockingjay part 2. Although I wouldn’t want to watch this on its own, it is really well done within the series. *Spoiler Alert* the scenes with hijacked Peeta and Katniss’s song were absolutely stellar. :)

Just as fantastic as the first, the second and the last film

There is simply no other way of putting this but I 100% LOVED this movie! I don't have anything else to say apart from you would be missing out if you didn't watch this!

Where did we go wrong?

The Hunger Games" Mockingjay, Part 1 is the third hunger games and arguably, the weakest of the franchise. Based on the exceptional novel series by Suzanne Collins, this movie series left me positively surprised, until Mockingjay, Part 1. In terms of content, it's about the same as the other films, some mild violence. This film is very slow and at times, boring. To end, this movie could have been a lot better.

The Ultimate Trilogy

Occasionally, I have a hard time finding action movies containing an engaging plot line. One movie “checks all the boxes” for me: Mockingjay by Susan Collins. Since this is the third movie in the set, you should know if you like the Hunger Games series or not. Sometimes a sequel can lead to a letdown but this movie is not one of them. The movie starts with Katniss reentering the ring. She then has to make a big decision on not only her future but others' fate as well. This movie plays on the Catching Fire theme of the start of the blazing revolution. Action themes are followed as well. Epic battle scenes involve not only human vs. human, but other challenges as well. According to the article Why People Like Action Movies on Science and Samosa, we enjoy action movies because we tend to place ourselves in the heroes' shoes. For this reason, most heroes have some type of human flaw; making them more relatable. All of the main characters have some type of mental or physical flaw, allowing you to better relate. The plot really draws you in. Moving moments include the unitization and sacrifice of the districts showing dedication against evil. Katniss' trust is broken and she has to decide even after her whole world has been turned around. The twists and turns of the plot seize the watchers attention and make it overall entertaining. Tension in the plot attracts your attention, then oxytocin is released which aids in empathy for the characters stated by Paul Zak in the article Why Your Brain Loves Good Storytelling in the Harvard Business Review. Causing you to be more drawn to the movie. I realize at times this movie has some violent scenes. Despite this issue, I think more mature generations will enjoy and possibly learn the tribulation of government; and the passion of standing up for what you believe in.