Kid reviews for The Impossible

Very intense story of family's survival against the odds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShen2 June 20, 2013

Sad but really great movie!

Such a good movie. However, there are some VERY sad and disturbing parts of the movie, like one part where 2 people start coughing up some stringy black stuff which is not nice to see, and another part where there is a big hole in some-ones leg. It is also very sad when you see the body bags that the dead people were put in. I noticed that some of the bags were extremely small, which choked me up with tears. However, it does have some positive role models and messages, as it teaches you to hope, believe the best, and look to the future

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheReview January 28, 2013

amazing 2004 tsunami dramatization has an overload of emotions

i saw this movie today and the first thing id like to say is it is VERY bloody. also, for all you wondering, the movie actually doesn't stray very far from the true story. this movie is filled with glimpses of dead bodies, terrible wounds and people emotionally and physically dying. it is filled with terror and sadness, but has positive role models of the boy always watching over his mother. ill keep this review short so i dont spoil the movie for you, but all in all this is a very intense emotion filled movie and its really based on the child on whether they can handle it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 12, 2013

Devastating and inspiring

Katrina seems like a rain storm compared to the hundreds of thousands who were swept away in the 2004 tsunami. I remember so clearly hearing the news on the day after Christmas, and just being overwhelmed with grief. This extremely intense film shows the horrors of that occurance, but also the power of the human spirit. I'm so joyful Watts got an Oscar nomination; the agony written on her face throughout "The Impossible" is something only a vet like her could achieve. It's not even a tearjerker so much as just...horrifying. I can't recommend seeing it twice, but a single viewing will blow you away.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogemaster August 3, 2016

Great movie, Very powerful, gory and violent

This was an amazing movie. Positive role models throughout the movie. The reason I gave it a 15 year old rating is because of the gore. On a couple parts, it gets very gory. As the mother is flowing through the water, a branch sticks into her leg and blood colors the water. The young boy is intensely thrown around in a big wave. These scenes weren't too bad. A few minutes later though, the mother is walking and the son notices that the back of her leg is a huge gaping bloody hole with a tree in it. It was very gory. The only other very gory part is when they are in the hospital. The son tries to give another woman a tangerine, and she begins to puke up blood. Then his mother begins to do the same. The scene is intense and very sickening. After that, there isn't much gore. The movie was very violent but very good. My mature little sister (12) had to leave the room for the first half of the movie. I watched it through. The only other thing that was a little sketchy was when the mom notices she has a stick in her leg, her breast also shows for a quick second. There was barely any language. I highly recommend this movie to teens.

Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

The Impossible

The Impossible is a well made film but has some very disturbing scenes in the aftermath of disaster we see dead body's and horrific injuries including characters getting hit by bricks when trapped underwater and realistic injurys that are quite graphic however it's got a good educational value and is well acted and a great movie for teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysmithsasaiodjsalf February 25, 2017

Distrubing

Watched it with my family... a 13 year old, 17 and parents. Often had to fast forward as gory content. Was not worth the watch. Showed multiple scenes were covered in blood and in pain. Overall disturbing content.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMimefaceuser20 January 27, 2017

Deserves to be rated PG-13

This definitely deserves to be rated how it is. It is sad, bloody, and there is a brief moment of partial nudity( they didn't have to have it ) when the mother's bloody breast is shown.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRobby Berger April 18, 2014

Know your kid before you watch this with them

This is a great movie about survival against the odds. When a tsunami hits the beach resort where the family is staying, The whole area is obliterated and each family member looks for another. Although it is a touching story of a mother's desire to keep her kids safe, there is a lot of blood from objects in the water and a scene where the mom is trying to save her son and gets her leg caught on an object in the water. After that, there is a large flap of skin (about 6 inches long) missing from her leg. Another part is when her shirt partially comes off and exposes her trunk.

Teen, 14 years old Written bynataliechun July 5, 2013

Violent vs. Inspirational

This movie was a gut-wrenching tale of a terrible tsunami and a heart-breaking story of a loving family. It brought me to tears every minute but kept me on my toes. I am 14 years old (and quite mature for my age) but I had difficulty watching this without biting my lip or covering my eyes. Violence was definitely an issue. During the tsunami, the mother received an atrocious wound in which her skin was detached from her body. The mother is dragged across the ground, aggravating her wound and causing her to scream in pain. That particular scene made me very tense and stressed. However, the story showed the importance of family and was a truly inspirational movie about survival.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 November 14, 2016

Great movie if it hadn't been for nudity.

Ok so I love Ewan McGregor and most of his movies, and this one doesn't let down, but they just had to make sure they got that brief, pointless nudity in there. It has no standing with the movie, and was a pointless scene. The rest was fine with the exception of some heavy emotional themes. Great movie that I advise you watch:)
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2014

The Impossible

This movie is a great and gripping true story of the horrific events of the Asian tnsunami. This movie is pushing the boundaries for a 12 rating by the bbfc, it should be a weak 15 because the injuries are pretty gory and realistic, people are drowned or crushed by the debris.It is very bloody. In once scene, people cough up seaweed covered in dark red blood. There is not much bad language in this film but it is violent, this movie is unsuitable for anyone below the age of 13.

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2017

Very Edgy for PG-13

This movie is very bloody for a PG 13. Maria is covered in blood throughout the whole movie and one close-up scene is gory. Everyone is bruised and battered. There is nudity but asexual, as CSM says. There's mild language too. However, the movie is brilliant. Its a maracle how the family survived, especially Maria.

Teen, 13 years old Written byScooch smartpants June 21, 2018

Great movie, it brought me to tears

This movie was very good, but i did find it difficult at times. There is some gore and blood at some points and in the movie. At one point you see a large gaping wound on the back of the mothers leg. There is also a bit of gore in the scenes in the hospital. I got very emotional while watching this movie. I like movies that make me cry, so that was ok with me. I think there were positive role models and good characters in this film. There were some good messages aswell. Overall i really enjoyed this movie and i would recomend it to 13 year olds and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylifeoneboard June 16, 2018

Amazing

After I saw this movie I couldn’t stop thinking about it for days. It was so powerful. It is very intense, definitely not for younger children. Injured and dead people are shown multiple times, including two women caughing up blood, a woman with a bloody gash in her side and leg, plenty of body bags. There is one scene where a young boy walks through a hospital and sees many injured people, including a woman who is screaming in pain with a broken and bloody leg, which is obviously broken, as you can see where it is turned to the side at her shin. There is a scene where a man has to drag an injured woman to safety, and she is screaming and crying in pain. If blood or dead bodies bother you, this is not a movie for you. A woman’s tank top strap breaks and exposes her breast, but she fixes it. We see her breasts again briefly as a doctor removes her shirt to bandage her wound. The swearing isn’t too bad. There are plenty of emotional scenes, including a young boy crying because he believes his mother is dead, a man sobbing when he called home, etc. I never cry during movies, but if you get emotional easily, you’ll definitely be in tears. Strong messages of a family’s love and how people will come together in tragedy. Definitely not a movie for younger kids, but I recommend it to everyone who feels that they will enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGwen904 May 27, 2018

Intense and violent but riveting

Excellent film with excellent actors, especially Naomi Watts and Tom Holland. Very entertaining but there are many bloody and frightening moments, not for the squeamish. I totally recommend this movie!

Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2018

A very graphic but touching movie

This movie is very, very, very, very graphic with lots of blood. Such as skin hanging of a woman's leg, people coughing blood, dead bodies, etc. though it had lots of educational value. The family never gave up in this film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon132 September 11, 2017

Gross, disturbing, and really shows the horrors of the event.

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2017

Intense, Deeply Emotional And Simply Beautiful.

This beautiful true story about a family caught in the biggest tsunami recorded is extremely heavy on the emotional side. This movie is easily my favorite. I've cried about five times while watching it. When the tsunami arrives, there's definitely some graphic scenes, but they're pretty brief. There's also a scene in a hospital that's not as graphic as the tsunami scene, but still quite gory. In one scene, we briefly see a woman's breasts for non-sexual reasons. There is an extremely high body count and many heartbreaking scenes. The main reason why I think it's better for teens ages 14 and up is because the emotional scenes are sometimes overwhelming for young viewers like me. There is NO swearing in this movie (but the viewers will DEFINITELY swear in some scenes unless they don't swear on a daily basis :3) The messages in this movie are just amazing. If it weren't for the great messages and role models, I think this movie would be rated R. I also believe the ending is just as beautiful as the rest of this movie. Easily my favorite movie of all time.

Teen, 14 years old Written byictchis February 16, 2017

Tear Jerker.

I found this movie really emotional, and since it was based on a true story it made me cry even more. (Spoiler Alert) Even though it has a good ending, you can see the heartache the family went through, and other people around them. Its one of those movies you want to watch only one time because its so hard to watch again. There is a lot of intense moments when there in the water, and in one part of the movie the mothers one breast is exposed but like common sense media said, 'Its totally not in a sexual way,"
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2016

Sexy, Violent and heartbreaking

Very bloody nearly strong violence. I don't think under 10s will be able to cope with the sadness of the Tsunami. A positive message is always help those in need! This is because Lucas helped the other victims of the Tsunami find their families. In a few scenes we do see the mother's breast.