All teen and kid member reviews for The Impossible

Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

The Impossible

The Impossible is a well made film but has some very disturbing scenes in the aftermath of disaster we see dead body's and horrific injuries including characters getting hit by bricks when trapped underwater and realistic injurys that are quite graphic however it's got a good educational value and is well acted and a great movie for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShen2 June 20, 2013

Sad but really great movie!

Such a good movie. However, there are some VERY sad and disturbing parts of the movie, like one part where 2 people start coughing up some stringy black stuff which is not nice to see, and another part where there is a big hole in some-ones leg. It is also very sad when you see the body bags that the dead people were put in. I noticed that some of the bags were extremely small, which choked me up with tears. However, it does have some positive role models and messages, as it teaches you to hope, believe the best, and look to the future
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 12, 2013

Devastating and inspiring

Katrina seems like a rain storm compared to the hundreds of thousands who were swept away in the 2004 tsunami. I remember so clearly hearing the news on the day after Christmas, and just being overwhelmed with grief. This extremely intense film shows the horrors of that occurance, but also the power of the human spirit. I'm so joyful Watts got an Oscar nomination; the agony written on her face throughout "The Impossible" is something only a vet like her could achieve. It's not even a tearjerker so much as just...horrifying. I can't recommend seeing it twice, but a single viewing will blow you away.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynataliechun July 5, 2013

Violent vs. Inspirational

This movie was a gut-wrenching tale of a terrible tsunami and a heart-breaking story of a loving family. It brought me to tears every minute but kept me on my toes. I am 14 years old (and quite mature for my age) but I had difficulty watching this without biting my lip or covering my eyes. Violence was definitely an issue. During the tsunami, the mother received an atrocious wound in which her skin was detached from her body. The mother is dragged across the ground, aggravating her wound and causing her to scream in pain. That particular scene made me very tense and stressed. However, the story showed the importance of family and was a truly inspirational movie about survival.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheReview January 28, 2013

amazing 2004 tsunami dramatization has an overload of emotions

i saw this movie today and the first thing id like to say is it is VERY bloody. also, for all you wondering, the movie actually doesn't stray very far from the true story. this movie is filled with glimpses of dead bodies, terrible wounds and people emotionally and physically dying. it is filled with terror and sadness, but has positive role models of the boy always watching over his mother. ill keep this review short so i dont spoil the movie for you, but all in all this is a very intense emotion filled movie and its really based on the child on whether they can handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 November 14, 2016

Great movie if it hadn't been for nudity.

Ok so I love Ewan McGregor and most of his movies, and this one doesn't let down, but they just had to make sure they got that brief, pointless nudity in there. It has no standing with the movie, and was a pointless scene. The rest was fine with the exception of some heavy emotional themes. Great movie that I advise you watch:)
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2016

Sexy, Violent and heartbreaking

Very bloody nearly strong violence. I don't think under 10s will be able to cope with the sadness of the Tsunami. A positive message is always help those in need! This is because Lucas helped the other victims of the Tsunami find their families. In a few scenes we do see the mother's breast.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDogemaster August 3, 2016

Great movie, Very powerful, gory and violent

This was an amazing movie. Positive role models throughout the movie. The reason I gave it a 15 year old rating is because of the gore. On a couple parts, it gets very gory. As the mother is flowing through the water, a branch sticks into her leg and blood colors the water. The young boy is intensely thrown around in a big wave. These scenes weren't too bad. A few minutes later though, the mother is walking and the son notices that the back of her leg is a huge gaping bloody hole with a tree in it. It was very gory. The only other very gory part is when they are in the hospital. The son tries to give another woman a tangerine, and she begins to puke up blood. Then his mother begins to do the same. The scene is intense and very sickening. After that, there isn't much gore. The movie was very violent but very good. My mature little sister (12) had to leave the room for the first half of the movie. I watched it through. The only other thing that was a little sketchy was when the mom notices she has a stick in her leg, her breast also shows for a quick second. There was barely any language. I highly recommend this movie to teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 13, 2015

The impossible is the true story of a family separated by the tsunami . Shocking images , blood, destruction , misery ... Really not suitable for under 14 years / The impossible raconte l’histoire vraie d’une famille séparée par le tsunami. Images choquantes, sang, destruction, misère… Vraiment pas adapté aux moins de 14 ans.

The impossible is really not suitable for children under 14 years. You see a lot of blood, severe injuries , mutilated bodies , corpses of humans as animals. Really shocking images , devastated landscapes ... This film is also very poignant and moving. This is a very good movie special effects and make-up extremely well with impressive spectacle. A film to see! The impossible is really not suitable for children under 14 years. You see a lot of blood, severe injuries , mutilated bodies , corpses of humans as animals. Really shocking images , devastated landscapes ... This film is also very poignant and moving. This is a very good movie special effects and make-up extremely well with impressive spectacle. A film to see Rating: 8/10 Great movie catastrohpe and dramatic, very poignant that will make you learn about yourself. FRANCAIS: The impossible n’est vraiment pas adapté pour les enfants de moins de 14 ans. On voit beaucoup de sang, des blessures très graves, des corps mutilés, des cadavres, d’humains comme d’animaux. Des images vraiment choquantes, des paysages dévastés… Ce film est aussi très poignant et émouvant. C’est un très bon film aux effets spéciaux et aux maquillages extrêmement bien fait aux spectacle impressionant. Un film à voir Note:8/10 Très bon film catastrohpe et dramatique, très poignant qui vous fera apprendre sur vous-meme
Teen, 13 years old Written byajwaterman13 July 10, 2015

Amazing movie but graphic in violence.

This movie was very well done and extremely inspiring. It was fairly graphic when it came to wounds such as, we were able to see the mom be dragged across sharp debris and you could hear her scream in pain the entire time. I cried at the end of the movie for multiple reasons that I won't spoil, but this movie has a great meaning and shows the purpose of real life.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

fantastic movie but very intense.

I saw this in theaters when it first came out and I loved it but it was a very hard movie to watch because it was so intense. I did cry a lot during the film and there were many scenes of the characters suffering especially the mom maria and there was a high amount of Gore. However if you have a child who is 12 or older and they can handle seeing intense stuff like this then they probably will love it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowman__1632 December 10, 2014

Very Intense

Kid, 12 years old October 11, 2014

Outstanding movie

This film is great for young adults to understand what the conditions this family were in as it was a true story. It contains great role models and messages. There is a quite a bit of violence and gore, such as open, visible wounds and horrible moments. There is also a little swearing. But all in all an amazing film with lots of awards and nominations!
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2014

The Impossible

This movie is a great and gripping true story of the horrific events of the Asian tnsunami. This movie is pushing the boundaries for a 12 rating by the bbfc, it should be a weak 15 because the injuries are pretty gory and realistic, people are drowned or crushed by the debris.It is very bloody. In once scene, people cough up seaweed covered in dark red blood. There is not much bad language in this film but it is violent, this movie is unsuitable for anyone below the age of 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEagleEllie May 30, 2014

Brilliant

An amazing film, gripping from start to finish. However, it does have many emotional and upsetting scenes. It also includes many gory scenes, with horrific injures and people being thrown around underwater, crushed by debris and cut up by rocks. It also includes many dead bodies. There is a scene where a woman and the mother are throwing up blood or something everywhere, which kinda grossed me out, but that was the only scene that did that to me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobby Berger April 18, 2014

Know your kid before you watch this with them

This is a great movie about survival against the odds. When a tsunami hits the beach resort where the family is staying, The whole area is obliterated and each family member looks for another. Although it is a touching story of a mother's desire to keep her kids safe, there is a lot of blood from objects in the water and a scene where the mom is trying to save her son and gets her leg caught on an object in the water. After that, there is a large flap of skin (about 6 inches long) missing from her leg. Another part is when her shirt partially comes off and exposes her trunk.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeorgepizani December 22, 2013

an amazing film

this film really is amazing, it is an emotional roller-coaster, going from extreme sadness to extreme happiness. i put ages 10 and up but I don't think you can put an age on a film like this, as long as you have a strong stomach you will love this film.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2013

Epic film, The Impossible!

This film is really good, it tells the story of a family separated by one of the worst tsunami's ever known. there is one bit with a lot of blood loss and part of the mums breast hanging out. The main disaster is at the beginning, about 20 mins in, it is hugely tense and upsetting. There are loads of really happy bits in the film as well as sad. There is one moment which is quite tense where the mum has a flashback about what happened to her when the wave struck - that showed how she got one of her really bad injuries. There is a good role model moment when the oldest of the boys goes looking around the hospital trying to find other peoples children or parents. Worth watching with amazing acting in it.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2013

Depressing

The acting was phenominal in it but it was DEPRESSING. Swearing like h*** and d*** nothing very bad. VERY gory and disgusting. Blood pucking skin loss was actully painful to watch. Though the son and mom stay together its positive messages I guess. The son points out his moms breast is exposed and all. Kissing. ALL AROUND SAD!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek May 18, 2013

This Movie Is Very, Very Intense & Powerful

This film is intense and thought-provoking. It's very good, and teens and adults won't regret. There is realistic disaster scenes all throughout the movie, some very bloody and gory. In the way of sexuality, there is none, except for an image of nonsexual toplessness of one woman, with a bloody breast. People under the age of 15 may not be able to take the disturbing disaster and nudity in the film. Rated PG-13 For Mature Thematic Material Involving Disturbing Accident & Disaster Images, And For Partial Nudity And Brief Elements Of Violence Including Child Imperilment.