Kid reviews for The Invention of Lying

The Invention of Lying Poster Image

So-so family comedy; some drugs and sexual situations

Mixed messages; some sexual discussion, nothing explicit is shown. A scene of alcohol abuse and drunk driving, as well as a reference to painkillers. Fine for most children over twelve.

Invention of Lying

I’m not one of those people who will say this is a 2+ because I like the movie. I’m also not one of those people who will say, 18+ , because it’s got one sex reference. I love the invention of lying! It’s so funny and makes you realise how many lies are really told in the world every day! There’s one line that cracked me and my whole family, Pepsi-when they don’t have Coke!!! Super creative and funny. However, this movie isn’t respectful to Christians so if you are a Christian skip this one. Also the first few scenes covers when Mark’s crush meets him and says, “I am very horny so let me go and silently masturbate” which is why it’s a 12 on Netflix. Follow this rating but a mature 11 year old could handle this.

David Brent hilarious

I think that this is a great film about being not the happiest person on earth and then David Brent turns into the happiest person on earth

Just a waste of time

The sexual induindoes goes on and on it was so annoying there was talk about masterbating and having sexual it was so disappointing If you are thinking of watching it there are better movies to watch

I Enjoyed It.

Before I begin, yes, I know that it is a metaphor for Atheism, but I'm an Athiest, so I don't give a f*ck. It was funny, I enjoyed watching the guy (I forgot his name) abuse his "power" of lying and how everyone kept nagging him about the "rules" of the pizza box. TheFMan Out. *Kids, don't tell your parents, but when they're not around, watch this and laugh 'til ur hearts give out.

Hilariously Funny

Hilarious film starring amazing comedian Ricky Gervais. Not good for kids under 12 as the whole film is based on lying. Sexual scenes that kids may feel uncomfortable about. Contains frequent strong language and use of extreme drugs, drinking and cigar smoking. Moderate violence. Great movie packed with laugh out loud moments!

Very Bad Movie

Not worth seeing at all the Movie Sucked.

Has likeable moments, but mostly dumb and so-so.

Funny with a little bit of language and sex themes.

Good funny movie. some sacreligous themes but nothing to offencive (remember, it's just a movie) The signs are some of the funniest parts of the movie (Ex. Pepsi: When cokes not served.)enjoyable, nothing to bad for 9 & 10 year olds, but they might be to young to understand the funny parts.