Parent reviews for The Invisible Man

Clever, tense sci-fi horror remake has blood, gore.

Adult Written byMr.Grim77 March 21, 2020

It was decent for a "remake"

This first off, is not a remake, it is its own film. I went into this film blind without knowing what to expect. It has violence, it has language, there is references to individuals being drugged etc. However, that does not go overboard. Honestly I don't know how to give a review for this kind of film without ruining it. It is centered around the topic of domestic violence and a lot of what happens during the film is centered around that darker tone, which honestly, may be a little too intense for younger audiences, but masking it behind the horror/suspense of this film, so it should be okay, however, the entire film is based on revenge rather than any kind of positive message. It is pretty gory and has a lot of violence, but what did you honestly expect from a horror movie that is rated R, if you are considering letting your child watch this, go for it. There isn't anything too much for them to handle, but you know your child better than anyone so you know what they can handle.

To relate: Two people get their throats slit, and they do not shy away from the blood, sounds or effect of this happening. People get shot, stabbed, beaten and a woman pretends to commit suicide using a pen to slit her wrist. It serves a purpose for the story and there isn't any gore associated with this act. There isn't any kind of sex in the film other than 2 brief conversations about birth control being used, which surprised me as with a title of "Invisible Man" I was expecting at least one unnecessary shower or dressing scene, but was honestly happily surprised they didn't need to resort to the use of nudity as I personally carry a no nudity policy in the movies I allow my kids to watch.

It is heavily focused on revenge, but lets be honest here, this is a horror movie not a heartfelt drama. The suspense/horror aspect wouldn't exist if it tried to preach a more positive message about domestic violence.

Adult Written bysamramser February 29, 2020

The Best Horror Movie This Year!

If your kid is sensitive to violence I definitely wouldn’t recommend it. Some things left unsaid above are the mention of suicide and brief image from afar. The circumstances surrounding the movie are also abuse and that is mentioned several times throughout the film. I will say that all of the violence was necessary for the plot. The jump scares are very tasteful and didn’t overrun the plot. It was suspenseful to the very end and used horror as a beautiful medium to paint a portrait of a woman unable to escape her abuser. Already one of my favorite films.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byBobby G. March 27, 2020

Solid horror thriller

This is a fun, intense, not very scary movie. Violence 6/10. Two characters have their throats slit, camera lingers on them bleeding, holding their necks. A man is brutally beaten, shot in the leg, people’s necks are snapped. A husband is said to have been very abusive. Language 6/10. Some strong language including f—k.
Parent Written byAaron C. March 23, 2020

Brilliant & Well made Horror/Thriller

Excellent movie. I'm impressed. There are some shocking moments in the movie & then there are some scenes that make you go "WTF".
A Must watch for Horror/Thriller fans.

Adult Written byTekchick March 21, 2020

Great suspense thriller

I thought it was going to be like all the other Invisible Man movies but this one is the best. I was impressed as it was actually a very good thriller. It has a lot of good acting and the plot was really good. I loved the movie. There is a lot of violence and swearing but beyond that it is well done.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written bynscharn55 March 19, 2020

Adult Written byonly_goat March 12, 2020

Not a sight to see

I think the movie is a waste of time and money. If you have a thought to see it don’t even bother the whole concept of it is horrible even the begging didn’t have a stable intro along with the sad concept behind it I promise you the previews isn’t good just like the movie
Adult Written byGagaMinaj07 March 2, 2020

Surprising

Not a remake became original and was shocking and suspenseful

Adult Written byHfbrvrhhrj February 28, 2020