Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 46 kid reviews

Sort by:

Suspenseful

Not scary , but suspenseful. Elizabeth moss does a good job in this movie. Violent at times. Good for teens though. 13+

Suspenseful; Surprising; Lingering.

A great horror/thriller but more of a thriller. No sex but deals with the issues of domestic violence and has suicide references. Pretty violent(it has throat slashing with lots of blood) but should be ok for 14+

Great movie, but has heavy topics including abuse

A really gripping movie, good for teens. The husband is abusive, and there's quite a bit of violence and language, but nothing that a 14 year old couldn't handle.

Great film!

This movie is probably my favorite horror movie ever. I watched this when I was 14 and absolutely loved it. There is no sex/nudity though there is dominant themes of sexual abuse and some other sexual activities. Language is used sparingly, mainly with the f word appearing only a couple times. There is only 2 scenes with serious gore; both times someone's throat is slashed. The fear level (at least for someone like me who is relatively new to horror movies) is intense throughout the movie. My 11 year old sister didn't mind the gore or the language, but spent about half the time covering her eyes in these sequences. If you can handle the dread and the limited gore and language, this is a great film for you!

cool film

11+ would be a good choice and amazing movie!

I watched this a week ago (I’m 12) it was fine. I would maybe let my sibling (9) watch it if he liked horror movies. Not too much gore, no nudity,some cussing but as long as you’ve set rules (like don’t repeat or something) it’s fine. REALLY good movie and I was really happy I decided to watch this and wish I could’ve watched it for the first time again.

SO clever

I loved this movie! the ending was... okay, but the idea was really clever and really well executed. The characters were really well developed and great to watch.

One of my favorite movies

The Invisible Man may, to begin, have one of the best endings of all time, tying with Upgrade, (2018). Secondly, it is just a fabulous movie altogether, from effects to acting, to script, to music, everything. The main thing to watch out for in this movie is blood, mainly in the second half, and occasional swearing. I would highly recommend this movie to mature kids 11 and up, and more sensitive kids 13 or 14 and up.