Kid reviews for The Invisible Man

Clever, tense sci-fi horror remake has blood, gore.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMcFlyguy85 March 1, 2020

Remake has incredible writing, blood and gore throughout

The “invisible man” is a remake based on the 80’s movie that scared generations. It was about time that we got a remake. While the trailer for the invisible man remake gave most of the movie away. It still is an entertaining film. It’s scary and gory. Some strong language is spoken including the f word. Lots of drugs (injections). This movie is not intended for kids. But please supervise your teen when u take them to see this film. Great horror movie! 10/10

Teen, 14 years old Written byEthan_whaterver February 28, 2020

Epic horror movie with no stops at violence

It’s difficult to tell whether an R movie will be appropriate for most, but based on the violence and language and that it is R, I give it 14 and up. This movie actually takes out the whole sex component with nothing in it(as you might have seen on this site) which I think is really cool. For parents that are worried about it being “too much”, I will give you the heads up that because the man is invisible, there’s a lot of violence that looks terrible. Two throats get slit which are shown on camera. One person is beat half way to death with the camera directly at his face the whole time so he really looks dead(this is while the daughter is watching from the side because she already got hit). Multiple police are killed in killings that make it look like they killed themselves, and it does mention that someone had been abused even though they never show it on camera. There is fierce language throughout the movie. I will say that yes this is more on the violent side, and it did deserve the R rating, but overall there is worse. I think if you don’t have an issue with your teen seeing the violence and hearing the language, that this might be the best T movie to start out with. It did get a little slow as well because she is wandering trying to find someone that’s invisible, so it may get a little boring.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhorrorisfrickin... March 16, 2020

This movie makes me thing someone is in the corner of my room

Ok, to start off I am 11. My mom is okay with me watching rated R horror or slasher films. I can handle the gore and the scares and I just love horror movies, slashers, and Thriller. The director did a great job with Elizabeth Moss. She really showed the emotional and I could feel her pain, that no one would believe her. I am sure a lot of people feel like they can’t control them self like someone is controlling them. They trailer gave a little to much away so DONT watch it please. My last thing is that the camera work is AMAZING. It randomly goes to the corner of a room to make us believe the invisible man was there. I would recommend this movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysqueky_07 March 5, 2020

Not that Good Sadly

I was super excited to watch this in theaters but I was sadly let down after watching it. So I am a complete horror movie buff and I really get into the story of whatever I'm watching and I'll admit the story was well made for a drama but I went to see a horror. It was not scary at all and the effects were not that good either. ( I do not mean to offend anyone who read this it's just my personal opinion)
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna_himalaya March 1, 2020

good

I watched this movie with a few of my friends ( we're all 13) and we all really liked the movie and didn't find it so scary, there are a few jump scares and bloody scenes but overall I think it was ok, there is quite a lot of swearing but i think everyones used to swearing in movies by now. if you're sensitive to violence then I don't recommend this movie,

Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2020

Really good movie!

I think it's one of the best movies of 2020 until now. I wouldn't suggest to sensitive kids but even me who I froze in fear if you say the word «SAW», I didn't got scared
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe1billionthAva March 21, 2020

Amazing!

My 10 year old sister watched this with me and my parents and it did not bother anyone. While there were some frightening scenes, it was only when something popped up out of nowhere. The movie was really good but did have some gory scenes. As well as some heartbreaking ones. I think as long as you talk to your child about it you should be alright. Just make sure your kid is mature enough.
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2020

this is a good movie

this i a good movie. i really liked it. i am ten and i got the whole thing. easy to understand but a bit intense. it contains quite a bit of stuff but but only normal stuff that you see in all movies. well... all movies ive watched. the talking at the start is a bit boring but it dosnt really matter so you don't really have to listen to understand the rest. there is nothing too bad just a bit of horror themes and violence. i would sat the messege was dont do bad stuff cuz karma

Teen, 17 years old Written byLeviTheArtist02 March 3, 2020

Very good, not particularly scary

Very good (loose) remake of the 1930s Invisible Man film. Follows the protagonist (Cecilia) as she tries to flee her abuser. Occasional sparse R rated language (F*CK), but not enough to notice/be a problem. Violence is the main thing some might consider inappropriate. Women are beaten, and two people die via their throats being slit and both times it's incredibly bloody and shocking. Sex isn't a problem, neither is drug use (outside of mentions of people being drugged) or consumerism. Solid horror remake, excited for the future of the Universal/Blumhouse partnership

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatthewm_06 March 1, 2020
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2020

Bloody scary violence in horror film, not bad

This horror remake based on the 80s film that scared generations years ago. Comes back to scare more people. It did it well. The writing in this film is great. It has a great plot. And great cinematography. This horror remake film is more intense than the original. It has blood and gore (throat slitting, stabbing, hanging, images of a cut wrist, chocking, dragging, punching to death, and getting shot) language throughout, Jump scares, characters get anxiety injections. This remake was well made and it was still able to scare generations of 2020. 10/10 must watch!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymurdermystery March 1, 2020

Very Scary, Clever

THE INVISIBLE MAN is a clever and very scary horror film loaded with foul language, but parents should be mostly concerned about the bloody violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byofficial zelcha... February 27, 2020

Just Amazing !

this movie is just amazing and Elisabeth Moss because she just breaks the movie with her amazing acting you can see in her eyes that she is terrified about her abusive ex boyfriend. AMAZING !