Kid reviews for The Iron Giant

Touching robot-kid friendship tale has great messages.

Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2010
a great kids movie for 5 and older. I watched it when i was 8 and loved it, and i still do. some things u might now want your kid to watch although. Violence includes guns and tanks. One scary scene where the iron giant almost dies. Some surprising language too. people say d--mit is yelled once and h-ll, g-d, and screw are also said.

Kid, 7 years old March 16, 2013

WORST MOVIE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 7 years old and I really really did not I repeat did not like it at all. beucause I think that it was incredibly sad a specially beucause of the end and the scene with the deer.

Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2009

I cry every time

Everychild should see this movie. It's sad so watch it with a boxs of kleenex near by!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 29, 2011

An enchanting and touching film for all ages...

The Iron Giant is simply amazing. The animation is really well-done and the humor is equally great. The characters were fresh and exciting. It's a really cute film. The Iron Giant is really courageous and sacrifices himself to save the whole town from destruction. It's really good thing, though, that they made him come back at the end because if they didn't, I probably would've been left crying, haha. The violence is what you'd probably expect: guns, tanks, missiles, lasers, and the likewise. There isn't much "sexy" stuff, but Kent (the main villain of the film) eyes Hogarth's mother (Annie) in a slightly sexual way, but it's really brief and isn't really an issue. As for language, "hell", "[email protected]", and a few other words are used a few times. In the end, I was quite satisfied. One more thing, if any of you noticed how the style is similar to The Incredibles, it's because it's directed by the same person, Brad Bird.

Teen, 14 years old Written byethanct86 October 12, 2015

An old, but shiny rusty joint

A boy finds this creature from outer space, teaches it about the world, tries but fails to convince anyone about his discovery and later the government attempts to hunt down the creature. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial right? Yes, and no. Though very similar and a lot less content worries, The Iron Giant, set in the 1950s when the Russians had just deployed the Sputnik into space, distinguishes itself from E.T. by one, 100 ft. metal man. Sent from outer space to be “a weapon” to destroy humans, the Iron Giant is remarkably friendly to humans. He soon befriends an 11 year-old pet-addicted boy, Hogarth, who had saved him from a close-to-death electrocution during the Giants feast on the metal of an electric station. Lonely for a companion, Hogarth visits the Giant and teaches him about the world. Thus begins the mental journey of the Iron Giant into the world of humans. Meanwhile, the government is called up about some weird discoveries. They send an agent by the name of Kent Mansley to investigate. He first dismisses the idea of a metal-eating Giant as too eccentric, but then after finding his car with a huge bite and a second later vanished completely, he calls the government which instructs him to find more evidence. Immediately, Kent suspects Hogarth and after many annoying and desperate inquiries he discovers a picture of Hogarth and the Giant. The next day, the army is in their backyard. The Iron Giant, rated PG for some violence, some bathroom humor and a bunch too many swears and misuses of God’s name, is both hilarious but also heartbreaking, yet unlike many animation films, viewers will find its message comparably heavy and touching deeply on the truth of death and souls. There is one thing I disliked though. Every scene all are straight to the point and are never out of place. It would could have been extended by 15 more minutes and still prove the important points. Frankly, although the story is not new to most of us, The Iron Giant easily bests the others in creativity and spiritual truth (but not all on family-friendly content). Just as Hogarth says to the Giant, “You don’t have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be,” we should not base ourselves on what others believe and want us to be. “Superman…”

Kid, 9 years old September 17, 2012

Iron Giant

The Iron Giant is good movie where a boy finds an iron giant ment to destroy. He helps the iron giant be good. There is some mild fantasy violence. They also say H-E double hockey stick, and beaver's home a couple times. I'M SORRY! If you were confused with "H-E double hockey stick" and "beaver's home" I am sorry. It is a code name for two swears. If you think hard you'll be able to figure them out. Thank you.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime February 3, 2011

This movie is amazing but beware the ending!

I haven't seen this movie since I was 9! At the end The Iron giant explodes and I saw this movie when I was 4 and the ending made me cry. But when I saw this movie again when I was 9 it did not made me cry. I think you should be careful if your child is under 7 because when I was saw this movie when I was 4 I was enjoying it until the end. :(

Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2015

Certainly one of the cartoons on the average side of the spectrum. Anyone over seven-pass

Huh. I seem to have a very long pattern of liking cartoons on the front where the animation can seemingly cover up the plot holes, bad voice acting, generic storyline e.t.c. When you start to put aside the animation and put a supreme focus on pure quality, you may re-look at you're favorite movies and go "Wow. This has gotten a LOT worse. I mean, a LOT worse." This seems to be somewhat of a normality among today's audiences, and this is 2015, so maybe, as much as everyone loves it, they will re-look at Inside Out and say.. Okay, maybe that's a bit too much. There are some cartoons however, that are so dated, that it's much, much easier to look at the very apparent flaws in the movie, and not love it in the first place. At this point, this is where The Iron Giant is doomed. Sure, it may have lasted a little, to make enough money for the Warner Bros to continue and such, whereas even the current movies will be looked down at eventually, but old movies, such as Citizen Kane, have so much to fall back on, even if it is outdated; the smart acting, stellar storyline, fantastic directing, I could go on forever. These aren't the movies that become outdated, but The Iron Giant really doesn't have that to fall back on. The characters are rather traditional, and really pushes it to see how moral they can go before it becomes something of a school project to induce good morals, which isn't a good thing, in movies where the adults have been over that, and want to see quality. So youngsters may enjoy it, and that alone would be a fair reason to go out and see it, but there are even more primary flaws to come: The voice acting is also the cheesy moral thing, and the animation is very choppy, not detailed, and supremely 2Dish. The storyline also, doesn't do anything creative. It's a lot easier to look over the flaws of a movie if the cartoon aspect doesn't affect you, so maybe I should start re-watching as well. But although not too quality, the young children, maybe five or six, adding to the fact that only a bit of peril will not bother them, might not be as affected by the issues that make this movie as problematic as it is. It'll, actually, be one of their favorites, if the parents are open to a bit of peril and not-at-all-bad-violence, which they probably will be. -Movies0000

Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2017

Sad but good

Very good movie,but for 9 year olds it might be sad.The iron giant dies,but at the very end it implies that he comes back to life.

Teen, 13 years old Written byminionlover April 15, 2014

Good, but sad

this is a very good movie, but the end is sad and used to make me cry when i was little.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2012

rad

not good

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

good

funny and scary

Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2010

Sad movie

I love this movie. It can be watched by every age and is a great movie.It has a great plot with good characters.The ending is very sad and it always makes me cry. It would especially make younger kids upset, so its not for kids under 7.

Kid, 7 years old August 2, 2016

Tiny Bit Sad

Good and funny movie with happy and sad bits. Nice style of cartoons. Happy ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybazilc October 17, 2015

YAAAAAAAAAAS

This movie is an absolute masterpiece. But it is quite dark, but that's just one of the things that make it so good. It definitely stays true to it's 1957 setting, but it might not be appropriate for younger kids. The main protagonist is a 9 year old boy named Hogarth Hughes, who befriends a giant robot from outer space. Although the robot is friendly, the main antagonist, a U.S. government official named Kent Mansley is paranoid of him, possibly due to the Cold War. There is a scene where Hogarth secretly slips chocolate-flavored laxatives into Mansley's smoothie (I think this was to ditch him.). There is also another scene where a deer is shot, and even a scene where Mansley uses Chloroform in Hogarth. The film also uses words like "Hell" and "Damn". However, there are also positive messages. For example, Hogarth tells the Iron Giant things like "Killing is Bad", "Guns Kill", "You are who you choose to be", and "Souls don't die". At the end, Mansley's paranoia causes him to launch a missile that he later finds out spells certain doom on the whole town. As the town looks up in the sky, knowing they are just mere minutes from death, the Iron Giant decides to sacrifice himself by flying into the missile before it's even close to the ground in a very emotional scene, saving the town. 6 months later, the Iron Giant is revealed to be starting to be self-rebuilt, right before the movie cuts to black. It's an amazing film, but might not be suitable for little kids. It's also a perfect illustration of 1957 USA.

Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2015

Very different

It was a lot different from the usual movies, either princesses or super heroes, always are the majority of the viewers. This movie was a very interesting one, and teaches good lessons to children.

Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2015

Touching, funny story

I think it's a really sweet, touching story that the whole family will enjoy, and it is very funny in some parts. I definitely recommend it. It's awesome!

Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010

Too Sad

It was totally sad we were crying so hard scary too otherwise good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish October 4, 2015

Good movie but contains violence and sad scenes

Teen, 16 years old Written bypatilly100 January 21, 2013

The Iron Giant: A Giant, Beautiful Movie

This movie was amazing. It has positive messages like, 'You choose who you want to be, good or bad' etc. The only bad thing about it is that it has cursing in it, i.e. 'da**' and 'he**'. Overall, a wonderful family film.