Parent reviews for The Island

Explosive movie is best for teens and up.

Adult Written byRosewilder June 22, 2020

The island

Great movie. I watched it with my 13, and two 10 year olds. There are some disturbing parts. It made my 10 year old cry. But they really, really liked it.
Adult Written byAvonLadyLisa April 9, 2008

Beware of Certain Scene, if you have kids under 10

I really like this movie, and so do both my children, ages 6 and 9. I have seen it twice, and do not recall at ALL, seeing "commercialism" or advertising. Guess it's there, but I was too busy watching the actors to notice. Now to the part I warned you about: Just after the man and woman escape their city, in their (only) friend's livingroom, he mentions in a matter-of-fact-way, that there is no santa clause. I had my kids with me, and I about DIED when he said that. I didn't say a word, hoping they didn't think too much of it.
Adult Written byGeorgeman April 9, 2008

My Favorite Film

It may just be a cloning movie but it was a pro-life movie which I like about Michael Bay it was so good amazing!
Adult Written byjmo97 June 10, 2016

I actually liked it for what it was.

I want to see this movie again to see how it holds up, but I think this was a fairly tolerable movie from Michael Bay (though I really didn't like the cinematography). The story was interesting, the protagonists were likable (but Johansson is too sexualized at times), and the action was entertaining, despite some iffy effects. But it probably should only be for older teens and up. There is some rough violence (including shootings, explosions, and a non-graphic stabbing to the throat), some occasional foul language (including an f-word) and sexual references and images (especially towards women), and a very suggestive scene between the two leads where they make out (there's some partial nudity). 7.0/10

Parent of a 1, 9, 10, and 14-year-old Written bythejokerspencil March 18, 2009

I Like it I really really LIke It

Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjoshaurora April 9, 2008

Makes You Think

There's alot not to like about this movie; I recommend it because, in the end, it provides a strong message about using people for replacement "parts" and the dignity of people. Topical for cloning, fetal stem cell research.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Exciting thinker

I was really impressed with this movie. I previously had no idea what it was about but it really intrigued me and kept me thinking for a long time after. The whole issue of cloning is real and relavant and sometimes scary. This explores one possibility and is entertaining at the same time. The acting was great, violent but not excessive.
Adult Written byGerard1 April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE

ONE OF THE TOPS but nothing beats the godfather!