Parent reviews for The Judge

Mature legal drama is superbly acted but a bit predictable.

Parent Written byDan G. October 10, 2014

Incest and other irresponsible sexual activity ruin this movie.

R-rated movie not for children (duh!) Besides the incest, the sexual theme of the movie is "Do whatever you want sexually, casual sexual (reproductive) behavior?, it's no big deal, everything is OK". The language is expectedly bad for R rating, and a childish fascination with poop seems to be an issue for the screenwriter.

Adult Written byJoe's Reviews November 4, 2014

Great film

The Judge was a great film with a predictable ending that had a bit of a twist to it. It roughly contains 30 uses of f--k and about 11 uses of G-d-mn. Some sexual references ("hide the pickle","play with myself", etc.) but no sexual innuendo. One scene of two people making out. Overall, it's a great film.

Adult Written bySlgilbert July 5, 2015

Reality Is Not Always Pleasant

Dan G.'s review offers some insight into what he thinks is morally correct/incorrect about the film. However, I'm concerned about his blanketing comment of what he terms as "a childish fascination with poop". He is referring to a scene when the character played by Robert Duvall experiences a bowel and upper digestive attack associated with advanced colon cancer. Yes, the scene is disturbing, but so is cancer. Watching this scene reminded me of my grandmother, who died of colon cancer and suffered the same painful and embarrassing death as Duvall's character. Since the disease is hereditary, my father had similar experiences with colitis, a condition closely related to colon cancer. To reduce inflammation and further tissue damage, my father had to take the steroid Prednisone, which presents the patient with uncontrollable nervousness and vivid, horrific dreams while under the medication. Yes, Dan, the scene is difficult to watch. However, which is more childish....the scene accurately portrayed, or peoples' refusal to have colonoscopies to screen for this preventable ( yes, preventable) cancer because of truley childish sexual innuendo attached to the medical procedure?
Adult Written byDemonllama February 19, 2015
Parent of a 7, 9, 10, 13, and 16-year-old Written byStrict dad October 12, 2014

Boring in my opinion

Dumb historical movie is boring and lame I hate thi movie it's just stupid