Parent reviews for The Last Samurai

Outstanding action and performance; lots of blood.

Adult Written bywinfall April 9, 2008
Adult Written byBlaWhCorgi May 13, 2011

Swords and Guns

The main character is both brave and bold. He also shows perseverance in many instances. However, a few of the messages is that an honorable way out of life is suicide and that the best solution for a problem is killing someone. As we see in the alley scene, the main character also doesn't allow mercy.

Adult Written byJeremy Z February 9, 2012

One of my favorites!

One of the best movie's I've ever seen! Excellent morals. Like most epic films, there's plenty of blood-spraying action, but not really worse than Call of Duty. Only thing, is that young teens and kids wouldn't fully understand the reasoning and true message behind the characters' actions.

Adult Written byTwilight April 9, 2008
Awesome movie, not overly violent, some blood "Sprays" from enemies and allies wounds, two guys get decapitated, nothing graphic.
Adult Written byMehak M. August 18, 2017

The best movies ever i saw two different cultures and a lesson

Parent Written byPlague January 19, 2010

The Last Samurai

My favorite Tom Cruise movie of all time. Great acting, plot, and intense battle scenes.

Adult Written byNarcolepsy April 9, 2008

Tom Cruise's best work!

The Last Samurai contained everything I love about Japan. Most importanly, honor. From the hari-kiri (suicide) to the refusal to backdown against a staggering army, the movie depicts the last honorable military profession: the samurai.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008