Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Lion King 1 1/2

Clever and mostly charming--most kids will enjoy.

Adult Written byJimHawkinsfan October 19, 2014

Mostly Adorable

This movie is very cute minus two short scenes. This movie is a real treat for Timon fans like me. The scenes with Timon and his adorable mom are the best, so cute. And the scene where Simba wakes Timon to take him to the bathroom in the middle of the night is a classic. Except for two "gas" scenes and on use of "tush" this is a great movie you don't want to miss

Adult Written byRooster57 April 9, 2008

Too Funny for Words!

Good clean humor for the entire family. The use of "potty" words only adds to the enjoyment.
Adult Written byOliviaReviewsIt September 13, 2015

'Lion King' Spinoff Sequel is OK...But Nothing More

Okay, so I like The Lion King, but this is possibly the worst sequel I’ve seen to any movie EVER. Basically, it is the story of how Timon runs away from his colony of meerkats, meets the lone warthog Pumbaa, and they “just so happen to be there” to relive certain events from the first movie such as the wildebeest stampede, and Scar’s musical number. The movie also takes you through a behind-the-scenes look at how they raised cub Simba. There are some funny moments, but I think that sometimes it gets a little over-the-top. Content-wise, there’s a very obvious euphism in this movie: “let’s whip some grass”. There’s some mild scariness, I suppose but nothing like the first film, so if your kid wants to watch it at a young age, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. There is quite a bit of gas humor, which gets super annoying. I’m just going to say that unless you are in love with Timon and Pumbaa or just a diehard Lion King fan who will watch it for the sake of watching it, skip out on this one. It’s kind of a slap in the face to the first film.

Parent of a 8, 12, and 16 year old Written by[email protected] February 28, 2016

A funny movie

A funny wholesome movie. You do not be 5+ (in my opinion, 4 is OK) one of my sisters favorite movie!!!!!

Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

Adult Written byRarityfan October 3, 2018

Watered down

Weird parody of the first movie, and hard to find too in shops. Some romance, dirty humor and slapstick violence. Too rushed like the second movie, but nicely animated for a sequel. Good for a watch for the kids on a boring day.

Adult Written byManuelNard August 6, 2018

The Lion King 1½

Its remember me my childhood. my children love to watch this cartoon using boxxy software
Adult Written byFooPets fare March 7, 2010
Adult Written bykjpurple April 9, 2008
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Ok

I did like Disney Classics a while back, including Lion King, so I gave this a try. It was enjoyable but the movie theatre effect of Timon and Pumba was really dumb and some parts of the movie fit in poorly or didn't fit in at all. There was a few funny parts though, like when Simba woke up in the night.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byResponsibleParent April 9, 2008
Adult Written byeeb April 9, 2008

best of the lion king movies

So much better for little kids than the other Lion King movies. The couple scarier parts are interrupted so kids will know the characters are OK. The only one I'll let my kids watch the entire movie of.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

The Lion King 1 1/2

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): The two main characters (both male) share a Lady and the Tramp style kiss - played for comedy. Violence (Pause): Hyenas attack the meerkats, some comic peril. Language (Not an Issue): "Whip some grass". Social Behavior (Pause): Timon is made fun of by other meerkats. Some crude humor. Commercialism (Pause): Advertisements in the DVD.