All teen and kid member reviews for The Lion King

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 June 6, 2010

Great

One of the best disney movies. There are mixed messages- revenge, mainly. Scar wants to rule to make things his way (since his brother was first in line), and Simba wants to kill Scar for killing his dad (but also to save the land). It will make little kids cry, and the role models aren't that great. Still, it's a must-see for disney.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2013

Great film, but very dark for young kids, even for a G rated movie.

I like this movie, a great disney achievement without PIXAR! Sexual Content: None, but there is very mild flirting and romance. Language: Pause, the hyenas say "shut up". Don't know about stupid though, very mild language. Violence: Off and Pause, lots of violence, Mufasa being killed, Scar telling that Simba did it, that is not what kids should be hearing or seeing, today I saw this with my sister and I will talk with her about the violence in the film. The battle in the end is super violent for a superior R rated movie. Positive Messages, role models, and educational value: On, a lot of good models and messages, the characters will teach kids including Simba Hakuna Matata, meaning no worries, which Timon, Pumbaa and Simba sing. Otherwise, great Walt Disney film, my MPAA Rating: PG for very mild sex and language, and violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPuppyluv13 November 17, 2009
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2015

Oh, I just can't wait to be King!

It is just wonderful. I've seen it a million times, but I love it just the same. (Hint: I had to tell my mom to dig the old tape of the soundtrack out of the closet. I'm listening to it right now.) Wonderful soundtrack, wonderful and touching story, and Rafiki cracks me up with his squash banana song. WARNING: Be prepared for the death of the king (pun not intended). No really, it's SO sad! Not that you should skip that scene, because it's important! So anyway, thanks for reading, now watch it!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydisneylove September 17, 2015

One of the very best Disney films. Period.

This classic has stood the test of time. Recently passing its 20th anniversary, I decided to give it a re-watch. Boy, was my time used wisely. From the iconic opening sequence to the mantra "hakuna matata", the beautiful art and music, and the dynamic characters, this movie never fails to please. It is absolutely one of the defining Disney movies. Every fan should watch it. Great story, humor, tearjerking scenes. Everything you could want in an animated film is here. 5/5.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Too dark for young children....

It was violent and dark, too much for young children. Also very sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition January 2, 2011

And this is why 90's Disney reigns supreme.

The Lion King is a great movie- I first watched it at age 6, but some parents might consider the film too graphic for their kids. Simba is a great role model, the songs are catchy and nice to listen to, and the animation is great. An all around enjoyable film, your child must watch this at some point in their life.
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2010

Consumer Advice

The bestest movie ever made in 1994, but what an absolute disgrace about the intensity in the movie, the hyena gets scratched in the cheek, Mufasa gets killed, the female lions run the hyenas out-of-town and Scar's throat is cut open, but still the film is mild on violence but moderate on dangerous behaviour. THE FOLLOWING FILM IS RATED: PG, Mild Violence, Scary Images, Emotional Intensity and Dangerous Behaviour.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrafikixfghjkjhg May 19, 2012

best disney film ever

I am a 15 year old girl and I still like the movie ! I've seen the movie a 100 times and I still have to cry on the end . This film is become a 'part of my life'. I love it !!!
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2016

The Lion King- a blockbuster, but maybe not for little kids

I think I'll start by being honest-when I was 5 and I watched this movie, I was pretty scared.You might be thinking-then why is she saying 5 and up? Because I was scared of one scene, and that scene was one involving my personal fear which has kept me awake at night-ghosts. No, Simba's father doesn't apear being see through and yells BOOKS while making faces.He appears in the clouds. Most normal people tell me it's very emotional and touching-I was to busy being scared to think of that. Now CSM is being a bit harsh. No it really isn't a violent movie.The death of Simba's father and Scar might be a bit scary for littler children, but trust me, other than that it's a funny, great movie.There are some great role models and good messages.I definitely recommend it.Now go on.Get watching.Your kids aren't going to learn about Hakuna Matata themselves.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Great Disney Classic, but a little scary.

Great songs and story. But there are scary moments. 1. Mofasa dies 2. Mofasa's ghost appears 3. SCAR SCAR IS SOOOOO CREEPY!!!! Scar scared the pants off me as a little kid.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

Be prepared, for an epic movie.

I am afraid your kid would not want to watch this because of no humans, but give them some time to get interested in watching it. Most kids get interested in watching it around 10. Yes, sensitive kids will have to view a character's death to a stampede (viewed by his son) and another character being killed by hyenas (offscreen) The second half of the film is when it gets intense. If your child starts crying or anything, turn it off. Simba is haunted by his father's death throughout the second half. Also, be careful about the romance between Simba and Nala; it can be grossing out to viewers sensitive to sex. That is all you need to worry about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMariodude23 March 25, 2010

One of the best!

I think that it is a wonderful film, certainly one of the best. The characters are endearing and enduring, the songs are absolutely magnificent, and the tough choices the main character has to go through are something that a real person would be biting their nails over! I love it, and I think everyone should see it at least once. Suitable for all ages. There is some iffy stuff, but it is downplayed. Asides from the natural violence of lions in consideration of their pride, the villain, (uncle Scar), sings a potentially frightening song to his hyena minions. But that's not what I'm worried about, kids can take almost anything, whether it be frightening, romantic, or sad so long as the movie is good and the ending is happy. Before I get on with 'the point' I just want to give you the basis for my thesis. I have have a serious depression and I watched the Fox and the Hound and I was so happily-sad that it nearly changed my life. I watched Oliver and Company just under a year ago, I felt like turning it off! It wasn't as sad as 'FatH' or Land Before Time, but it was also not as good as either of them. Now that I have shared that piece with you let me get on: 'Be Prepared' is potentially frightening, but you shouldn't be intimidated by that, but (especially if you're Jewish), you should be cautious of a certain part of the song. The scenario goes that; Scar is standing on a rock podium dictating to his minions who are doing the straight legged march! Since I'm not Jewish I can't really say, but if I was then I would be pretty scared of a Disney film that could turn a bunch of hyenas into the third Reich! Hope you found it
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaddy Jay April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimateddisneyfan June 19, 2015

Fantabulous!!

This and Beauty And The Beast is one of the best Disney films I've ever seen it's a great family movie and even my adult brother and my mom and dad like this movie. The only thing I would be cautious about is the death of a main character whose death is sad and still to this day I won't watch that scene. And also Scar and the hyenas are evil characters and the only reason why I put this bit of information in here is because not all of the characters are good ones. But over all I love this film and recommend it to anyone who loves cats, animation, and of course Disney films! Oh yeah the music is off the charts incredible! I love all the music in this movie!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

Should be PG

This film is rated G but I think it should be PG because they try to kill samba at a young age,it is also a little scary.Otherwise it's a great film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014
A must watch for young children
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingsguard February 16, 2013

A 90s Masterpiece

Review: A Disney masterpiece that focuses on the story line of a lion monarchy struck by traitor ship of family members. Often contains representations of real life situations that have positive moral codes and show loyalty, compassion, heroism and love. Set in Africa where Lions live on a rock as kings, the pride still retains the nature of hunting, but also explain that the animals also have their share as they die and become that grass that is eaten. MAINLY CONTAINS: Violence: 1/10 Violence is absolutely minimal in the lion king. There are scenes of lions battling and small scars being shown. There is one scene where a lion falls off a cliff which may upset some. Peril: 3/10 There are some scary scenes in the lion king, especially for children. Hyaenas are shown as sadistic and cruel carnivores. The main villain is shown as a lion with a secret malice for the monarchy and does terrible things to obtain power. Language: 2/10 There are sometimes informal terms used. These are not of a bad nature. Overall: 6/30 (0.2) I would recommend this to anyone. As far as the film goes, it is excellent, but often expresses itself in a very cliche manner, but compensates that with a great story line.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog May 26, 2012

My fav movie in te whole trilogy!

the best disney movie ever!!!!!!i love it,kids love it,adults love it,cridics love it,tenns love it,everyone loves it!recommend it
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan July 19, 2014

"The Lion King" movie review

"The Lion King" is easily the best animated movie of all time. The animation was filmed well and it's a great movie for children. "The Lion King" does have violent and scary images, but it teaches us about friendship and love. When I first saw "The Lion King" as a child, I was amazed. It was my favorite film until other movies came out. "The Lion King" is my favorite childhood movie. The score in this movie was truly amazing. I would hear that musical score on my deathbed. There is nothing wrong with "The Lion King". This movie is definitely in my top 30 favorite movies list. It is one of the movie that you should watch at least three times in your life. I implore you to check this movie out if you have not.