All parent member reviews for The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Isn't this a great example of corporate take-over?

I dislike the show, so I dislike the movie and the star of the movie (you know the poser, Hilary Duff). The movie wasn't original, it put me to sleep, and I will never watch it again.
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 November 14, 2011

nice movie great sweet espically Hilary Duff this is a great movie for the whole family to enjoy trust me!
Adult Written byDexterSmith January 26, 2009

Farfetch'd, cheesy, and has nothing to do with the show

Lizzie McGuire was a sitcom about a 7th grade girl and her wacky adventures with her friends and family, relying mostly on silly slapstick for its humor, but still being a fairly enjoyable show. The Lizzie McGuire Movie, however, is completely different. Lizzie (Hilary Duff) is graduating middle school and the entire eighth grade is going to Rome (aren't these kinds of things for seniors in high school?). She is quickly spotted out in Italy by singer Paalo (Yani Gellman) as a look-a-like for his singing partner Isabella (also played by Duff). Isabella has left the music world, so Paalo says. Paalo asks Lizzie to pose as her so that he can make a comeback. She agrees while friends Kate (Ashlie Brillault) and Gordo (Adam Lamberg) cover for her to avoid Lizzie getting in trouble with trip leader and soon-to-be-her-principal Ms. Ungermeyer (Alex Borstein) for skipping tours of the city. This is a PG movie and thus fairly predictable, so I think it's safe to say that Lizzie fulfills her dreams of being a singer - which strangely, were never mentioned on the show - without getting in too much trouble. Generally, this would be a pretty nice idea for a kids' movie. The problem is - this has little to do with the actual show. The show relied on wacky situations to advance its nearly nonexistent storyline. Because of this nonexistent storyline, anything was pretty much possible for the movie. But seriously, having a girl look exactly like you then posing to be her while on a class field trip in Rome so that you can be the world's next big celebrity? Wow, Disney. Just wow.
Adult Written byMovieMan101 April 9, 2008

I loved the LIZZIE MCGUIRE MOVIE it was great family fun for everyone. Sex-0 Violence-0 Language-0 Scariness-0 Drugs-0 My Rating: G
Adult Written bykingster April 9, 2008

A fun movie for kids!

Definately a fun movie for kids, but probably only appeals to a younger age group.
Adult Written bynblackmon April 9, 2008