All parent member reviews for The Mist

Parent Written byS0CKM0NKEY September 30, 2011

Not a Good Movie

This really didn't scary a bit. It was really offensive that they made fun of my religion. And the ending was really stupid. Acting wasn't that great.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byGOREROCKS July 2, 2010

AWESOME

loved it! awesome movie. I cannot believe the rating. i had my kids write what they think of the movie: I relly liked this movi! it was funny when the dad kiled everyone! I liked the part when it shoed the botom part of the dead guy. loved it!
Adult Written byImaRealist November 11, 2009

Great for kids 14+ up, make sure to point out the morals

This was a great film, I see that many of the reviews on this say that the ending was terrible, i would have to disagree. In the end a old couple a man and his son and girlfriend are escaping the city in their car only to run out of gas surrounded with monsters. Everyone believes that they are going to be killed slowly from the inside out as a man did earlier in the movie so he uses the four last bullets to kill (with consent) them. After killing his son and girlfriend he leaves the safety of his car to die at the hands of the monsters. Second later military vehicles roll past with soldiers. The moral people of the story that many people have seamed to miss is to never give up, even if only thing that awaits you is death.
Adult Written byJavi Lavin July 18, 2009

This movie is simply not for kids but I think that adults and teenagers will not be bored by any of the scary, violent, and obscene moments that happen throughout it.
Educator Written byTHEBEST56 December 6, 2008

Adult Written byrosedb April 9, 2008

not good for young kids

this is a test
Adult Written byeric.owen April 9, 2008

Had to go home and watch a Hallmark Channel movie to recover

I love Stephen King! Until this movie. Terrible acting, way too much language, and as a parent the end was sick. Big space bugs...... Not scary or believable. King's genius lies in his ability to scare us with what is possible, e.g. Cujo. Oh well, the popcorn was good.
Adult Written bylaur April 9, 2008

A complete waste of time and money

I don't think I could've been more disappointed in a movie more than I was of "The Mist". The movie was unrealistic in view of the "monsters" and the character's reactions, as well as it's sick portrayal of anyone with any Biblically-centered convictions (anyone who believes in God or respects those who believe in him should not support this ridiculous movie). The ending left me with a beyond hopeless feeling that was hardly worth paying my money to experience. Don't waste your time. But if you still think you want to, wait til it comes out on DVD and then rent it.
Adult Written bybill_swok April 9, 2008

The ending was not at all like the book.

The ending was not at all like the book. Other then that the movie was okay. Just feel the ending was to final and was only looking for the shock factor. I would suggest if your look to see the movie, get the book. It’s better and also cheaper then going to the movie.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byGambleFam April 9, 2008

Waste of Money!! TERRIBLE ENDING!!!

This movie was a waste of time. I felt like the movie was choppy at times, some of the acting was bad, and it wasn't scary at all. If that was what they were going for, they didn't accomplish it. The ending was horrible. As a parent it made me sick to think that they would end it like that. They could have come up with a better ending if they really wanted too. Now I know why this was a blockbuster video exclusive....No other places wanted it!!!