Parent reviews for The Mitchells vs. the Machines

Action-packed family adventure tackles tech dependence.

Parent of a 5 and 8-year-old Written byEricaLerman April 30, 2021

Funny, exciting and heartwarming

We watched it as a family (2 adults, 8 year old, and 5 year old), and we all thought it was great. Some references were lost on our youngest but they still enjoyed the action. No inappropriate language, no sexual tension or innuendos. As an adult, I particularly liked the story line of the main character struggling to fit in.

Adult Written byimashleyburgos2 April 30, 2021

The best of 2021!! A family wonder... for all ages!!

There isn’t enough words to describe this movie... I’m going to start with this. When we finish the movie one of my friends said, “I haven’t seen a movie like this in a while. A movie where is funny, animated, family oriented, and a beautiful message.” Now in 2021, and before I haven’t seen one either in a long time where you can watch this movie and it can be from age 5 to adults. For adults, it brings you back home. It brings you back to family, and makes you realize everyone point of view. This movie touch my heart, and had me in tears... The beautiful of this movie is FAMILY, LOVE, WHAT HUMANS DO FOR ONE ANOTHER. Also, this movie SHOULD WAKE US UP from REALITY. Technology was calling us “idiots humans.” and yes when it comes to technology, we have lost the human connection... we are depending on devices to do human things, we suppose to be doing.. HUMANS ARE LOSING THEMSELVES LITTLE BY LITTLE... I hope this movie WAKES YOU UP and make you REALIZE don’t lose the HUMAN CONNECTION and replace with A DEVICE. WAKE UP!!! Incredible movie.

Adult Written byStewart.k May 2, 2021

Good for youtube addicted kids

Fast paced content, heartfelt, and funny

Parent of a 9 and 11-year-old Written byRob B. May 10, 2021

All around excellent

I have two kids (9 & 11); both of them loved this movie. Recommend.

Adult Written byMostly_Normal May 9, 2021

Parent of a 11 and 18+-year-old Written bysara999 May 6, 2021

Parent Written bykaytwo44 May 5, 2021
Adult Written byJulietter May 4, 2021

Great movie with positive message on family

We watched as a family and really enjoyed! Good message about family. Can be a bit scary for younger kids due to the robots and big brother feel of electronics. Opened a great conversation with my 10 yr old on WiFi and computer media.I am notating language since my 10 year old felt the language or implied message of some convos about lying to your parents was not good.

Adult Written byMomRD May 2, 2021

Loved this movie!!

Most visually entertaining movie for kids/families since "Spiderman into the Spiderverse." Great characters, great storyline. Parents loved it, kids (7 and 11) loved it. Eleven year old especially loved all the cool animation. Seven year old liked it and was totally entertained, but some of the more sophisticated humor was lost on him. Some of the mean robots might be too much for a 5 year old. Such a fun family movie, though! Totally recommend.
Parent of a 11-year-old Written byBrittany W. May 2, 2021

Unique masterpiece!

Unique modern masterpiece that will entertain everyone in the family! Packed with humor and love, it is a movie the entire family will enjoy!

Parent of a 6 and 9-year-old Written byandrewi04 May 2, 2021

Great family movie

Kids liked and there was some solid adult level humor. Best animated movie I’ve ever seen.

Adult Written byDarkseid May 2, 2021

Family Generations will cheer!!!

The Best Movie of 2021. My kids 6 and 8 were laughing almost as hard as my wife and I age 41 and my wife...nope not saying. Nearly 2 hours of film, all time utilized showing differences in ages, beliefs, understanding, and artistic flare. Showing even the little things in a family, matter. Such a feel good laugh out loud real look at family issues as children grow older, with a dash of a robot apocalypse and hint of distance make the heart grown fonder. Cannot recommend this enough.