All parent member reviews for The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Parent of a 5 year old Written byJeannette in Utah September 4, 2012

A perfect choice for kids.

My husband and I took my 6 year old son to see the Oogieloves on Thursday. He will not stop talking about the movie, or singing the March and Moo song. The music is great and really fun. So is the Oogielove cheer. We went with my neighbor and her four kids, and all the kids had so much fun together. It's strange at first, as a parent, to allow your kid to stand up in a theater and dance and clap and cheer. But it becomes fun really fast. This movie is very pure. As a conservative parent, I like very pure. Nothing but love in Lovelyloveville. I was disappointed to see that this movie had such negative critical reviews. I wonder how many of those critics watched it with young children. I can't imagine they would have been as negative. The Oogieloves is really delightful for little kids.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byMom Avery September 4, 2012

My kids absolutely LOVED this movie.

I gave this movie five stars for two important reasons. First, it's such an innocent film that I never had to worry about what my kids would be seeing and hearing. There was nothing even remotely scary or inappropriate, and given the other choices out there, I really appreciate this. Second, my daughter and son LOVED it. They had an absolute blast in the theater. And I had an absolute blast watching them enjoy the movie. Dancing and cheering along with the characters. What a different and fun way to enjoy a movie. This film is not an artistic masterpiece, but that's not really important to me as far as my kids are concerned. I want them to love things that are good for them. This movie is good for kids. It deals with teamwork and problem-solving and friendship. It's really sweet and loving. Unfortunately, the theater was pretty empty when we went. Too bad really. I for one support this kind of movie whole-heartedly and really hope it inspires even more interactive kids' movies. Bravo for the Oogieloves!
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byTired Mommy September 11, 2012

Silly Fun!

Oh my gosh this is a silly movie, but my kids went bonkers for it. If they weren't having so much fun I woulda probably been bored out of my mind even though the songs are really cute and the fish had me cracking up. My kids are already asking me when we can get the Oogieloves at home so you better believe I'll be buying that dvd. Works for kids of any age cuz it's pretty darn innocent and sweet. Nothing indecent at all. Just goofy and silly. Just right for my kids.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 May 2, 2013

The WORST educational source.

Parents, you really shouldn't show this cinematic demon to any of your children. It's not entertaining, it's not educational, it's anything but for your kids, alright? It'll make your kids dumber, and most of you parents won't even bother watching the whole thing. And to any parent who thinks that I'm totally wrong and this is the perfect educational source for your children, I implore you: Go watch Pingu, come back and tell me that this hideous thing is for your kids. I'm gonna tell you right now: IT ISN'T. Not only is this the worst educational source out there, but this is also by far, the WORST film I have ever seen. Period.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byFilmFather February 8, 2013

You'll need some Doobielove to enjoy (or survive) this trippy mess

On some level, the Oogieloves’ creator Kenn Viselman (he of Teletubbies and Thomas the Tank Engine fame) should be commended for trying something different with the interactive nature of The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure and its world of bright colors, soft shapes, and surreal settings. But factor in the trite, grating musical numbers, stilted dialogue, inept animal puppetry, often-insulting tone, and complete lack of substance, and you’re left with nothing more than an 88-minute mess. The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure may be filled with the best intentions, but so is the road to Hell. *** READ MY FULL REVIEW AT: filmfather (dot) blogspot (dot) com.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Just plain dumb. AND it's a shamless copy of Teletubbies!

Sure, it's age appropriate, if you're a toddler. Otherwise don't bother. Why is it that all the PARENTS of this site say 5 or 4 stars, but the kids like me say 1 star? Are we the only ones on this site with IQ's above 0? And trust me, because I've seen the Charlotte's Web sequel and the villain is a fox named Farley who says he has an IQ of 108.2. So I know HE wouldn't approve of this mindless mess, and he's the antagonist! That means villain by the way, and IQ is short for intelligence quotient. But really now, if you're even thinking of seeing this, watch any Teletubbies episode instead. It's the same thing, only 1000 times better! The only Teletubby they forgot to clone is Po, and she's the best! Well, maybe that's why, because they wanted to give her some respect. Now, why exactly do you think this flopped? Oh, I don't know, maybe because IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Seriously, how do they find the money to pay 7 celebrities to participate in this? And no, I DON'T know the answer to that one. If you do, then please tell me! So skip this and see Charlotte's Web 1 or 2 instead or Teletubbies, Barney, or even Dora. They are all better than this brainless garbage (that's what the rating should be: G for Garbage or even better, PG for Putrid Garbage). Also to responsableparentof6: how many movies have you seen? Almost EVERY Disney and non-Disney cartoon is better than this, even any of their sequels! This is worse than The Black Cauldron or Cars 2 since at least those movies had good animation and a plot. This doesn't. Seriously, I'm thinking these great reviews are all an act by some of the people involved. That, or these people don't have brains and love stupid stuff. I've gotta say though, this would probably be the best movie ever if you were stoned. ('cept I don't do drugs, so I'll never know.) But if you love brainless stuff and/or are stoned, you'll probably love this. Also, this had TONS and tons of marketing when released. It already cost $20 million to make it (must have all gone to the 7 celebrities), plus another $40 million for marketing costs. AND it was released in over 2,000 theaters. But how many people showed up per showing? 12? 2? Perfect proof of what the movie's worth (nothing). Bottom line: This movie SUCKS. It's awful. It's horrible and the trailers for the movie gave me a desire to murder. This movie should be dropped into a trench in the ocean and never be allowed to be shown to human beings ever again! -9000/10 EDIT ON JUNE 21: To MrMovieBuff, did you really hear they're making two sequels a TV series? Like I said before, this moronic movie BOMBED at the box office, setting an all-new low for worst performance in over 2,000 theaters. Do you have PROOF that there will two sequels and a TV series? Wikipedia says nothing about that. If anyone has ANY proof of this, please tell me here!
Parent of a 5 and 5 year old Written byChris Fal September 10, 2012

My twins loved it.

This movie has gotten a really bad rap, but my twins (turning 6 in November) loved it. I kind of can't get them to stop talking about it. That's how I rate a kids' movie. My kids dug it from start to finish. They loved the characters and the music and all the cheering and dancing. Good fun.
Parent Written byResponsablePArentOf6 September 9, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!1111

I saw it with my sons and they loved it. I can't wait for the sequel!