Parent reviews for The Other Side of Heaven 2: Fire of Faith

The Other Side of Heaven 2: Fire of Faith Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Very mature themes

We thought we’d be okay watching this with our 5 and 7 year old and that was a huge mistake. We shut it down when a grown son is buried in the sand by his angry father about to drown from the tide coming in. This was after two young girls got shattered glass in their eyes. Honestly I wouldn’t have been comfortable watching it as a 13 year old (it’s rated PG-13) but everyone knows their own child’s temperament. Probably has a good message in there somewhere but we won’t be watching to find out.

Misleading synopsis on commonsense

This is a great movie but for a more mature audience. What commonsense failed to mention is that in the first 15min a father kills his son by burying him up to his neck in the sand while the tide is coming in as a major storm is brewing. His brother tries to rescue him but is struck by lightning. The brother in the sand dies but the one struck by lightning does not, although it is portrayed that he has. It was extremely traumatizing for my 9 year old son and he had to leave of his own accord. I would have liked the movie as an adult but it was far to violent and intense for my son.

Motivating, uplifting, laughter, tears, sorrow and suspense and they all lived happily ever after

Our family usually doesn't go to PG-13 movies but when I looked at what this movie was rated PG-13 for action and peril and saw all the other good things that this movie was going to portray we decided it was the best movie to go see tonight and after going to the movie it did not disappoint in our expectations! We were so touched by the faith and the diligence and the love portrayed by the Groberg family on their mission in Tonga. To be able to take their young children to new country were there would be dangers and yet still find so much joy and happiness and so much to rejoice about and miracles was beautiful. They had faith that God would take care of their family and he did! The faith and forgiveness of the minister whose son was hurt as a missionary and whose prayers and faith help to work the miracle to save the groberg son was so touching. As we come together as people of faith who believe in God and believe In loving our families and loving our fellow men and who are helping each other become better every day beautiful things can happen as we help shoulder each other's burdens and challenges of this life. I'm so grateful I went to go see this movie! I'm excited for my sons and daughters to serve as missionaries for the Lord. The last coming away message that God so loved the world that he sent his only Begotten Son to die for us and to save all of God's children gives me courage as a parent that I want to live my life serving others and be willing to send my own children on missions to give their lives to God and live to serve others that we might help save one another a's we come to Christ together. Thank you so much to the Groberg family and the other families in this movie for sharing their experiences with the world! And thank you to those who made this movie! I wanted it to keep going on and on with the fun experiences we saw in the live pictures and videos at the end! PS- There were some scary parts on the ocean with the lives of the young children in danger, a man getting buried in the sand, lightning striking a man, a man getting beaten nearly to death, and nearly loosing the baby. Except for the term "bloody" used by an English doctor, there was no swearing used in the movie. That is why it is suggested for an older audience. You would need to decide if your young children would be alright with seeing that.