Kid reviews for The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Poster Image

amazing movie

based on the book of the same title, this is definitely my favorite movie of all time. some things to look out for in the movie: a lot of drug usage (underage drinking and smoking, acid) and swearing is pretty frequent. there is no nudity in this movie and the furthest it goes is to two teens touching each other. i recommend if your kid is 14, maybe 13 if they can handle heavy topics like suicide, death, drug use/addiction and mental illness.

it touches on topics like suicide and bullying which could be a great lesson for your kid

i LOVE the perks of being a wallflower so much. i watched it and read it when i was 12 and i think its absolutely fine for people that age. i was a mature kid so i'm not sure if every kid can relate but its a really good movie which teaches you about the teenage life and some things some kids go through. it does touch on a few sensitive topics like suicide, depression, drugs etc. so if you get triggered by these topics i don't reccomend but if not but by the age of 9 i'm pretty sure every kid knows about this stuff. same with sex.

I absolutely loved this movie and it’s definitely my favorite coming of age story. The movie does have very mature and emotional content for a PG-13 rating including sex and drugs but it has great role models.

One of my favorite movies!

Ok, first off, I want to say that this movie is very mature. With themes of suicide, bullying, drugs, etc. The movie is very emotional with happy peaks and moments where you feel like you’re about to cry. The cast is amazing with stars like Emma Watson and Paul Rudd. Plot synopsis: (spoilers) You’re introduced to the main protagonist of the movie, Charlie (Logan Lerman). He’s struggling from the loss of his best and only friend in middle school. He meets Patrick, who also is bullied, at a football game. They become friends and Charlie is introduced to all of his friend group. He quickly adapts to his new life. -in between here- The end of the movie is bitter sweet because Charlie loses his friends as they were all seniors and graduated to collage. The movie pretty much ends there but just fill in some mature themes in the middle.

Needs to be watched

I would definitely recommend watching this with the family and having a discussion afterward because as a teenager I relate a lot to the movie in certain aspects and I think it shows the parents a deeper side to the teenage mind that maybe they hadn't experienced in their teenage years.

Requires a Mature Audience!!!

This movie was awesome, but it requires a mature audience. I watched it with my dad which made it really awkward when someone would take drugs or talk about sex. There was lots if making out and violence. One girl gets hit by her boyfriend. Another things is that Charlie has a lot of traumatic experiences. He goes to a mental hospital. There is one point where I thought he would kill himself, but luckily he didn’t. There is also one scene that briefly mentions Charlie’s aunt engaging in sexual activity with a six year old charlie. Be careful. Other than that, I love this movi.