Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Prince and Me

Good acting saves unoriginal Cinderella story.

Adult Written byjuliebookoch January 8, 2009

Not a PG movie. PG-13

My 13 year old daughter and I sat down to watch. First, drinking beer and shots while one girl talked about having sex with a 45 year old man over the summer. Next, Girl's Gone Wild clips. I stopped the movie. The rest might have been cute or fun, but I was very disappointed with what I had just exposed my daughter to thinking it would be a cute movie. We did not watch the rest. Be careful. I would watch before showing to my teen.
Adult Written byTealady April 9, 2008

Crude, didn't watch the whole thing

Just seeing the commercial in the background of the movie showing censored versions of girls taking off their tops was enough for me to not let my daughters watch it. It may have turned out where the prince had a change of heart, but to wade through the visual and auditory things in the beginning was not worth the rest of the movie to me.
Adult Written bybeedee1126 April 9, 2008

This movie should have been rated PG-13.

The Prince and Me was a cute movie. However, it should have been rated PG-13. My daughter and I both heard the "S" word in one of the scenes. Also, there was the scene in the library where Paige and Eddie were taking off their shirts that suggusts having sex (Luckily, the paparazzi came along.). That type of scene should not be in a PG movie at all.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Be careful with young school age children

I was really surprised at the reference to "Girls gone wild" junk!! The language was unnecessary. Plot and story were cute.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

Okay, but not stellar

The "PG" rating really surprised me. The kissing, "Girls Gone Wild," and a scene where a man asks a woman to take her top off were really inapropriate for younger kids. There was also more drinking than I expected. 12+ only.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Sweet Romance

Prince meets ordinary girl and falls in love. A sweet movie with a classic fairy tale theme. The college scenes and the raucous friends are a bit much but play a small role in the overall movie. Good entertainment but don't expect any amazing moral other than follow your heart.
Adult Written bysnydeen April 9, 2008

Preteen Fairy Tale with Good Conversation Starters

I saw this at the theater with my 13 year old daughter and we enjoyed it. I don't expect it's the kind of thing that even gets considered for an academy award, but it was great to use as a discussion starting point about promiscuous behavior, responsibility, dating, drinking, stereotypes, etc.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008