All member reviews for The Producers (2005)

Long, too-faithful film of stage musical.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

Really Funny Musical

Title speaks for itself.
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

Mel Brooks on Broadway!!!

My best friend bought me this movie for my birthday and I'm glad that he did. It's funny and just a spectacular phenomenon. Probably one of the best movie-musicals ever made. Some references to sex, gay characters, and brief language but it's Mel Brooks so don't act suprised! Could have gotten away with a PG rating but still perverted in a Mel Brooks way.
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

OK... I need to explain my ratings.

OK. I personally thought this is one of the best freaking movies of the year. But, some of the content is iffy, which is why it's great. It's perverted, twisted, and completely wonderful. Nathan Lane is really good as Max Bialystock, but Matthew Broderick is FANTASTIC as Leo Bloom. (Think of the blanket scene!) There is some cussing, lots of sexual references, but it's all very Monty Python-ish. Also, Leo and Max both like Ulla, so they have some stuff on that. ("For once, I'd like to have someone on that couch under 85.") Then she ends up with Leo. But there is a happy ending, and lots of cameos.
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham October 9, 2014

"The Producers" by Christopher Graham

A fun and wonderful movie for musical fans. This movie has a good, solid cast, wonderful singing voices from it's cast, and everything in this movie is to adore for. Teens are meant to see this movie, not little ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRoosterman May 28, 2013

Keep It Gay!

This was definitely the funniest musical I have ever seen in my entire life. Just as funny as the original 1968 film! Probably funnier! But still, both are extremely hilarious! It's silly, twisted and completely random! Sure, there are a few references to sex and other bawdy references but hey it's a musical so it makes the sex jokes seem less concering (to me). I was completely fine with all the dirty jokes in the film and could sit through it all without any worry whatsoever! There are many references to Hitler and Nazis and one character, Ulla, dresses up in a tad bit revealing dress. Two other characters, Carmen Ghia and Roger DeBris are flamboyantly gay partners but they never do anything intense like kissing or touching, but just calling eachother "Darling" and acting really flamboyant, but it's nothing too concerning. And if we've learnt anything from those two, it's to "Keep It Gay!". (They mean gay as in "happy", just so you know). To me, the funniest character in the film is Neo-nazi, Franz Liebkind. He'll keep the viewers laughing, for sure. He is the best character in my opinion, because he does not reference sex or anything else bawdy or dirty, he is just completely crazy and there to keep people laughing. There is one scene near the end where he goes crazy and tries to kill people with a gun, but the bullets miss everyone. There is one attempted suicide by him, but he fails after being unable to get the bullet out of his gun. Overall this is a funny movie, that could possibly (if not definitely) keep everyone laughing their heads off! This is Mel Brooks for ya, and probably one of his best works!
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2013

Hilarious, but a little offensive.

The Producers relies on jokes about Nazis and Gays. Some people may find it offensive and stereotypical, but it is really funny (in my opinion). There are no positive role models in this movie. Max scams elderly women and lies all out of greed. Leo was an honest person, but then he realized if he went with Max's plan, he could get everything he ever wanted. I think it would be fine for anyone around the age of 12 or 13, but most kids may not get some of the humor until they are a little older.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhamstergurl09 June 29, 2011

Better If You See It Live

I saw the musical presented by a local college theater company and fell in love with it, so I got this movie and the non-musical original movie on which the musical is based. Like most musical-to-movie adaptations, it's a lot better if you see the musical live. This movie is pretty lengthy and can feel drawn-out. When you see it live, it feels a lot faster paced. This movie is absolutely hilarious, but not for young kids. It's kind of iffy for age 12, but I think kids 13 and up should be able to handle it (seeing as I saw it at age 13, and for the record am 14 now, despite the fact that my profile says I'm 17. I just made up a random age when I signed up for here).
Teen, 15 years old Written bytomoko4004 April 9, 2008

Very innapropriate for kids, boring to most teens

This was a very funny musical, based on the 1968 version by the same director (comic genius Mel Brooks), and made even better as a musical than a straight movie. There's a lot of sexual innuendo (Max Bialistock with his old ladies and Roger DeBris's comments "It's, dare I say it, S&M!" come readily to mind), but that's the only touchy thing about this movie. All the references to Hitler and his glorification are meant in satire, which ensues the failure of the scheme of Max and Leo. Most teenagers my age may not appreciate the humor and entertainment in this movie, but if you're a fan of Mel Brooks or musicals, you'd like this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Funny but Inappropriate

The Producers was a funny and silly movie, and I guess I could say that I liked it overall. But it was uncomfortable to sit through at times, because the humor was naughty and gross. There wasn't much language but the sexuality was extreme at times. Only for teens 15 or 14 and older.
Adult Written byhotcat April 9, 2008

I Love World War 2 Movies!

I want to see this movie! It sound great!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjesuslovesthischick April 9, 2008

Amazing!

Wow! Loved every minute! Showed this to my friends, relatives, parents, and most of them loved it, too. Family friendly? Yeah, why not? If they're old enough to get the joke, let them watch. It's a great musical, the songs are catchy and well written, the actors' voices are great, and Nathan and Matthew have phenomenal chemistry as actors. I've never seen anything by Mel Brooks before this, but i found every scene hilarious! You can't miss Will Ferrell, Gary Beach, Nathan Lane, and Matthew Broderick... they bring this movie to life.. When it comes back to Broadway, you can't miss it! (Also check out the '68 version)
Teen, 15 years old Written bybomber11 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

I want to be a Producer

This movie was really funny and had some extreamly good singing mostly in the Springtime for Hitler song from John Barrowman,my broadway idol,and throughout the movie energy and fun where in high supply. The content was a bit iffy but if you're 14 or over it should be just fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

A very funny movie

I find it sad that this is one of the only sites in which this movie isn't underrated with a majority of the reviews, also, here's a quick message to one of the adults who reviewed this: Don't review a movie until you've seen it. Anyway, this movie is hilarious! It has lots of jokes that shouldn't be exposed to kids unless they can handle sexual jokes, but overall a great movie. It's always funny and you just can't stop laughing once you start watching.