All parent member reviews for The Pursuit of Happyness

Adult Written byhatewhatisbad April 9, 2008

A Wonderful Movie!

We saw this last night and we loved it! My husband and i saw it first together as we usually do to make sure a movie is alright to let our kids watch later on. This movie is alright for kids 10 and up. I think it might be boring a bit for any kids younger than that. This is a very good movie based on a real life experience. Will Smith does an incredible job as does his son Jadin. I think because he was able to have his son in this movie it was easier for Will Smith to really put himself out there emotionally. You can really feel the emotion and are rooting for his character all the way thru the movie. The ending (i wont give it away too much) had the tears flowing, tears of happiness of course. I recommend this movie to everyone who loves movies that have a real storyline and leave you with a good feeling. This movie is worth taking the time to see. Will Smith is an incredible actor and the real person whom this film was made around must be proud :)
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 15, 2012

The best movie ever !

This is the only movie that made me cry ! Seriously, It's the best movie out there ! ,, I believe kids should see it, so they would realize that they're blessed in their lives, and it's not always easy for parents
Adult Written byoaklandgal83 April 9, 2008

slow

This was a good movie to teach you to go for your dreams ,but was to slow.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bylightandlife November 20, 2009

Excellent and Inspiring Movie

This movie is inspiring. It gives hope to those struggling, and shows the wonderful relationship between a father and son. I also like the message of showing a strong father figure, as usually it's the mother who is the strong figure in movies. Superbly acted by Will Smith, and a must see.
Adult Written byPhilly30 March 31, 2009

Amazing Movie for the Entire Family

Amazing movie---Will Smith's best to date. Some cursing but beyond that an amazing movie. Will help you be grateful for your life.
Adult Written byjjj@aim.com April 9, 2008

Adult Written byryenski April 9, 2008

Adult Written bywkndgrl April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMr. Strong April 9, 2008

Best movie ever!

Despite the fact that I usually prefer Comedy > Drama any day, this was the best movie ever!
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bychippergow April 9, 2008

traumatic scenes for kids, but no worse than Bambi

I like CSM reviews but I found this one angry. You can critcize this for the limited dialogue and simplistic story, but it is a good story, one that has any number of good elements for kid viewing. I don't really see the need to develop a parallel conversation for the mom. She isn't dissed by the dad, her ordeal is well illustrated. Similarly, I don't see the need to drag out the standard racial/economic inequality issues as a template into which to fit this story. These issues are reasonably obvious to the viewer, and the presciption for a problem can be decided upon individually, not preached. That would have made the story less compelling for all.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byGambleFam April 9, 2008

Cute, Said, Happy

Overall this was a great movie. The F-word was used few times. I really was upset when the five year old boy said it. I also didn't like the part where the father told his son to "Shut Up!" The above are my personal feels, I really enjoyed this movie overall. It got me thinking of how life could be without a home.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Very good movie with an intelligent protagonist

Will Smith was fantastic in this movie. It was very emotional. The language wasn't that bad; it's probably more of an adult or mature teen movie based on it's plot. But it was a very well done movie.