Parent reviews for The Queen's Corgi

The Queen's Corgi Poster Image

Not what you’d expect.

My 8 year old was so excited to see this movie because she has a corgi. We were both shocked so many times at the insanely inappropriate jokes. Of course she didn’t get them all but she got enough. What really made me uncomfortable was Trump’s dog forcing herself of the main character, Rex. Throughout the whole movie was a lot of inappropriate touching and more innuendos. Aside from that, the movie was kind of cute. Some funny moments, but I definitely wouldn’t recommend this for young children. 10+

4 people found this helpful.

Disturbing & Depraved

Disturbing: Alluring to young children who love cute dogs or are infatuated with royalty and extravagance; reminiscent of how seemingly innocuous people use candy, dogs, and displays of wealth to deceive and prey upon child victims. Traumatizing: At one point "suicide" is casually dropped as an option for Rex (the lead protagonist) to get away from his problems. Charlie, Rex's best friend, pushes Rex off a bridge into icy water with the clear intent to kill him and take on Rex's role of "Top Dog" Messages: Exposes children to vulgar obscenity of various types. Promotes horrific values such as arrogance, entitlement and doing whatever it takes to get ahead, even if it is by engaging in immoral/unethical behavior. Promotes sex and violence. Overt allusions to perverse sexuality. Bizarrely portrays a female as a sex fiend that attempts to mate with Rex despite his clear refusal. The female dog uses tape to bind him. She lays on top of Rex as if forcing him to engage in sexualized behavior against his will. Elsewhere, Rex unapologetically seduces the girlfriend of a large bulldog right in front of him. Rex exhibits no shame, fear, or concern despite the threatening presence and aggressive behavior of the angry and jealous bulldog. Rex then partakes in what resembles an illegal dog fight in a makeshift arena late at night. Authority figures are portrayed as oblivious bumbling idiots. A perfect allegory of present day politics: two dogs battle to be recognized as "top dog". Deception, betrayal, attempted murder, fabrication of evidence, and feigned grief are used to eliminate the rightful 'top dog'. Final scenes and themes coincidently are reminiscent of the U.S. Capitol Riots. Friends of Rex (Latin for 'King') unite to fight the illegitimate 'top dog' Charlie ('fool' in Britain; 'Communist' in military slang), interfer with the ceremony where he is to be formally named 'top dog', and rescue Rex from a giant Hill of memorabilia that had been set ablaze by Charlie in an attempt to get rid of Rex and everything bearing his resemblance. This movie is sickening. It targets children and exposes them to depravity and disturbing messages.

3 people found this helpful.

Diskusting don't let kids watch

I'm horrified with this move and I think other people are too the amount of rude huma is bad and in the end of the movie when the girl dog grabbed the bad dogs penis that did it for me I had to tell my 8 year old brother to not coppie anything on this movie and I never thought I would have to say that about a children's movie wtf is the movie industry. Pls be don't show this to your kids

2 people found this helpful.

Not for Age 6-7-8 and up! This movie is definitely not for Kids!

Do not bother! This movie is not for children We were more than excited to watch this movie. The trailer seemed very promising. What a disappointment it was. The beginning was ok but the rest was just dreadful. This is not children's movie. Many inappropriate jokes your child should not hear. All in all what a waste of potential and money. They spent 20 mln to create this? Not worth it. Do not bother. If you enjoyed the Paddington movie then this is not for you. This movie is definitely not for 6-7-8 years old children.

2 people found this helpful.

Don't bother

Seriously terrible!

Very inappropriate

Not appropriate for children.
1 person found this helpful.

Poor kids movie, be prepared for a conversation about sexual consent

Okay, overall the film is pretty rubbish, but your kids might enjoy the action. Parents will find it fairly dull. The big issue is an opening scene when the female American corgi aggressively pursues the unwilling male British corgi with a view to “cementing UK-US relations”. That scene made us stop the film to discuss the concept of sexual consent, something I wasn’t really ready to do with my young children. After an awkward discussion we continued the movie, but I really wish we’d never bothered in the first place.

Terrible

This is the worst children's movie I've seen in a long time. There's a terrible scene in which the queen and the Trumps lock the male corgi character in a room with a female corgi who tries to mate with him against his will. It's not funny and sends a terrible message about consent.

Not for young children

The movie openly mentions suicide and mocks the US president. It has a perceived gender reversal of sexual harassment with the female pursuing the male in a stressful situation in which she tries to force him to mate when he chooses not to. I’m only A quarter of the way through right now. As an American I do find the movie humorous to both Trump supporters and Trump opposers. But I would not recommend it for children under the age of 13 who are just looking for a wholesome dog movie. Wholesome it is not. I honestly do not think this is a movie the queen would sign off on. The forced mating situation in the beginning does get pretty uncomfortable but I do think that could also be an eye opener for teenagers that “no” truly does mean no, no matter who the aggressor is. Boys are allowed to say no as are girls.

Disturbing, sexualized, and not funny

We had to turn this movie off after 15 minutes. I felt like the writers and creators of this movie were purposefully showing my kids weird and inappropriate stuff, packaged in a cartoon. It was overly sexual, not funny, and had a weirdly accurate portrayal of Melanie and Donald Trump. Sometimes my kids watch stuff that I find annoying, but this is not the one I would let them watch on their own either. So no point, avoid.