All parent member reviews for The Sixth Sense

Adult Written bymonkeylove807 April 22, 2011

good for 12+

I love this movie, its really cool , there are some scary parts in the movie but its only on thje people that the boy is seeing. It is not the scariest movie ever, but it is very cool to see in the end... its very suprising and u should definatly watch it!!!! , its really good... in the end ur going to be amazing and be like OMGG
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written byRachelKoch November 15, 2009

Not too scary

I love the movie and my 9 year old loved it too. The thing I do when my kids want to watch a scary movie is that we watch the behind the scenes stuff first so they know it is not real and no one gets hurt that it is all pretend.
Adult Written bychangster.eminem October 3, 2010

Creepy Movie Gone Too Far

This movie has some pretty intense, creepy scenes for younger children and teens. Not a movie for anyone under 16 unless they don't fear anything.
Parent Written bychad13075 May 16, 2012

MUST SEE!!! Preteens aren't given enough credit...they can absorb material better than parents think; they've seen & heard much worse @ school, I'm sure. At least this way YOU can interpret what they see in an open, positive manner 8-)

The film is diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium. It is rare that I see a film that I haven't figured out 1/3 of the way through, but this film blew me away when the reality of whats happening is finally revealed. Parents, guidance and open dialogue is the key, as always.
Adult Written byCaelyn November 4, 2009

Rather Scary

This is an alright movie, though rather scary. I would only recommend it for mature teens. This is a masterfully made movie, however, though I wouldn't want to see it more then once.
Parent of a 8, 12, 13, and 16 year old Written bykattwood June 20, 2011

Good Horror Movie Starter

I'm twelve on my Mom's account. I saw this movie in third grade, and I was not so scared. It was only hard for me when the little girl was poisoned. My mom did warn me about certain parts, which made it less scary. So, if you are going to watch this with a younger kid, be sure you have already seen it so that you can cover his/her eyes if they cant handle some parts. I did go to bed with a creepy feeling, but I'm twelve now, and I want to see it again, when I can really understand what happens. It is defiantly a good movie for a mature 10-11 year old who can handle it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Brilliant, but terrifying

With almost no violence and minimal onscreen gore, M. Night Shyalaman's brilliant first film is nonetheless one of the most terrifying chillers ever. Several highly disturbing scenes; not for the faint of heart.
Parent Written byCod_GOD22 January 27, 2012

ahhh!

Horible horror movie. VERY VERY BLOODY AND SCARY
Adult Written byDarthPineapple September 3, 2013

Overrated

Obvious twist and an overall bore.
Adult Written bywonder dove July 3, 2013

One of the BEST!!

The Sixth Sense is one of my favorite thrillers, the kind that's scary but not over the top. Great characters and brilliant storyline with a unique twist at the end. The acting is simply amazing! It's on the slower side but in a good way! It's basically about a small boy named Cole (Haley Joel Osment) who thinks he's a freak because he can see dead people, but doesn't come out with this secret until he feels confident enough in his doctor (Bruce Willis). Meanwhile, his mother (Toni Collette) can't figure out why her son has scratches and bruises on his body and seems he is terrified all the time but won't tell her why. After much help from his doctor, Cole realizes that listening to the spirits that haunt him will do more good than harm and finally puts him at peace with himself and others. But there is a dramatic twist that no one saw coming and it has you thinking about it long after! I've cried every time I watch it, it's beautiful & sad (especially if you've lost a loved one) and definitely scary with dark eerie vibes throughout. Language is mild and infrequent with the use of sh*t, freak, cheese d*ck. Violence is pretty hefty but not too gory, spirits terrorize a child, a child gets bullied at a birthday party, a man shoots someone and then himself, a child writes upset words, a child is poisoned and then dies. No sexual content except for some flirting between a newlywed couple, gentle kissing and some drinking. Don't miss this one if you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it to those over 13.
Parent Written bySamuelS. June 13, 2011

Outstanding original phsycological thriller/horror

Well put together, positive messages about overcoming your fears. Some iffy parts.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybla30 October 23, 2009
Parent of a 14 year old Written byguillaumetricot July 24, 2015

Good movie

I watched this movie and it was a little too dark for me. Very sad and very intense. Some very creepy scenes...
Adult Written bypurplemomo@gmail.com July 29, 2015

I can see dead people

This movie is very interesting and a must see for tweens. If you like supernatural this is the movie for you.
Parent Written bywrgtyp January 8, 2012

great but scary

you can see the inside of a kids head after he shoots himself
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byCarynB May 21, 2009

No one under 10 ....!

I have to say I hadn't thought about letting my kids see this but they have seen refernces too it in other movies so my husband rented it. There are some really grisly scenes that we had to cover their eyes for but all in all they did enjoy the suspence and thriller part of the movie. I love watching movies with my kids because it opens up a dialect. One it gets them using their critical thinking but it also helps them reflect on loved ones we have recently lost.
Adult Written bystarlet April 9, 2008

wow!

I thought this was a good movie it can give you the creeps but I highly recommned for preteens(that AREN"T easily scared!!) and up it's a great movie to introduce the message of life and death!just let you know the child that got killed by the mother ...it wasn't bloody or scary or whatsoever..you will have to watch to see what happens!It's a great movie to watch if you can't find anything!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byundertakersnumb... May 24, 2010

leave kids at home

this has gory spots in it like were the kid head was blown off not a good choice for youn kids
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 24, 2012

This movie was INCREDIBLE!

This movie ROCKED! Everything about it was excellent.From the jokes to the voice acting! I recomend this movie!
Adult Written byChris_L_S October 28, 2011

Meaningful violence, not gratuitous; deep, real issues evoked.

The realistic gore of a killed bicyclist stayed with me years after. -maybe because of a friend getting hit by a car. This is like those drivers education films that show real accidents; for a purpose, not gratuitous or shoot-em-up fake. And provocative for a wider variety of reasons. A couple scenes show someone with malevolent intent; but the 3 main characters show caring compassion throughout. Worth talking about it and seeing twice due to the ending and the thought provoking issues.