Kid reviews for The Sum of All Fears

The Sum of All Fears Poster Image

??

im going to count all the swear lines in order (TRUE)- what the hell, who the hell, the a*s hole, sh*t, god damn tomb, god damn right, damn, sh*t, s**t, sh*t, how the hell, god damn chair, god damn, bull sh*t, god damn it, sh*t, god damn strong, god damn it, god damn it, bull sh*t, (dont f**king tell me).

"If you don't listen to me, my family and yours are all going to die!!" -Jack Ryan

For starters, Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman are amazing-actors, but despite their good-acting, this film kinda drags. Unlike "Clear and Present Danger" (starring Harrison Ford as Ryan) this film lacks on action, and amped up the language quite a bit. The president of the US is a horrible role-model and says "GD" at least 4 times, and uses the "F" word to get a point across. I wrote this review to say what was in it since Commonsense didn't say anything about the langauge in it. Other then that, there is some kissing, a few explosions (one is GIGANTIC) and there are some dead-bodies/fighting between Ryan and others. If it skipped on the langauge, I would have given it 5 stars!

Things not in the review

There was a scene near the beginning with a couple (not married) sleeping together. In the morning, they wake up and make out. Language includes a**hole, b*stard, d*mn

exciting thriller has intense violence, strong language

bombs, bombs, and more bombs. that best sums up the aptly named Sum of All Fears. based on the Tom Clancy novel, it has what most people expect from a movie based on his books: suspense, thrills, and violence. but the graphic images and the strong action in this movie makes it way too intense for younger teens. although most of the film contains suspense instead of action, it still can pack a punch. there are explosions from missiles and nuclear bombs, a man is shot multiple times, another has his throat slit offscreen, and a third is blown up. Ryan and a man have a brutal fist fight with choking. people are seen with grisly wounds (skin off, bloody holes, cuts) there is frequent strong language.

Some disturbing violent content, violence, some sexual content, and some strong language.

I found particular aspects of this movie to be very disturbing. The scene in the dark room with the corpses was disturbing, and I find the scene where Freeman looks around at the huge crowd of people about to be blown up disturbing. There is also some violence and disaster images. At the beginning, there is a scene where a man and a woman prepare for sex but never get there (they are still clothed; you can briefly see the woman pull a strap back up her shoulder when the man has to answer the phone). There are some kisses. There are some uses of the word ---d--n, infrequent use of the word $*** (one with b**l). There is one use of the F word. In general, I rate this movie iffy for ages 14-15 mainly because of the disturbing violent content. In terms of the language, this movie would be iffy for ages 13-14 (just as long as your child understood not to repeat the language they heard), in terms of the sexual content, this movie would be iffy for ages 13-14, and in terms of violence, this movie would be iffy for ages 14-15. Therefore, this movie is iffy for ages 14-15.