All teen and kid member reviews for The Terminator

Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2015

Classic 80s hit is not for the faint hearted.

Parents need to know this film has extreme violence and constant swearing. The movie itself is amazing. The story is about a machine that time travels from the future to kill Sarah Conner and preventing her from having a son she hasn't had yet. The violence is extreme, frequent and bloody. There are a lot of guns and shooting in the film. The shooting is bloody but brief. There are also multiple graphic scenes. One scene in particular is very intense, it contains the terminator pulling out his eye ball (which I was not allowed to watch as even my parents thought it was disguisting). I guess it was very bloody. The swearing is frequent many uses of f*** , s*** and a**hole there is also some uses of m*****f***er. There is one sex scene that shows butts and breasts the scene is also very short. Overall the film is very intense and thrilling. I highly recommend supervision for all kids up to 15, kids 10 and under should not watch this film.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009
Kid, 9 years old November 22, 2012

look down

This movie was great; me and my brother(6) watched it and I loved it, it was our first R-Rated movie so i was super excited to be seeing it. My dad comes down and says "whatcha watchin'?" and i am like "The Terminator" and my dad is like lemme go get some popcorn I love this movie it's awesome!" and i was thinking wow! dad approves this!?! my dad is cooler than i thought! :D when i come up Austin is like hey mom we saw our first R-Rated movie with dad! and my mom is like "What movie?" and i said " we watched Terminator with dad it was awesomely amazing!" my mom is like okay now i know you like these movies get "Total Recall" and "The Sixth Sense" from Netflix you'll love those movies!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks July 17, 2015

A classic

Well....Its quite violent and swearing but no nudity it was just sex But it's a classic and doesn't look real (like jaws)
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

AR4U Cert: 18

Contains strong bloody violence, sex, sexualised nudity, language, some drink and drug references and very strong menace.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

AWESOME

this is a really really good movie. it is about a girl named Sara Conner and a machine from 2029 is sent to kill her to prevent the birth of John Connor a human rebellion leader in 2029.in 2029 is a raging war that is terminator vs human.But then Kyle Reese a guy from 2029 is sent to protect Sara. Kyle is John's dad. the whole movie takes place in 1989. i personlly think terminator 2 is better though because it is about john and his mom and a good terminator trying to help the escape from a bad terminator (in the 2nd one john conner is kind of cute ;) PARENTS there is one sex scene with naked boobs present and you see them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 May 1, 2011

An amazing, yet cheesy, 80's Sci-Fi flick. NOT for younger kids!

I just recently finished The Terminator. It was my first "Terminator" movie, so no comparisons to any of the sequels. This one is a bit of a mixed bag. Even for a movie from 1984, this one is cheesy. I guess I shouldn't have expected different however, considering the plot. Despite that, it is still a very dark, very tense, and very good movie. I absolutely loved it. :) Violence: Wow, where do I begin? To start off, over 30 people are seen killed in this film, and a soldier sent to the past speaks of almost everyone dying, and himself and a few others being kept alive to man the body dumping units, which he says "ran day and night". The 30+ people killed were all victims of the "Terminator", almost all of which were killed using various types of guns, while the very first victim had his heart ripped out onscreen (yes, you read right). One other victim was killed when "Terminator" ran him over with a car, while the man was still sitting at his office desk (still reading correctly). Scattered throughout the movie are flashs to the future that the "Terminator" was sent from, a horrific, war-torn future. Skulls litter the ground, and at one point, a female soldier is shot with a laser gun-armed machine, and is blown to pieces, literally. Sexual Content: At the very beginning of the movie, when the "Terminator" appears, he is completely nude, and his buttocks are clearly visible. Immediately following this, Kyle Reese, a soldier from the future, appears, also nude, though nothing sensitive is seen. Closer to the end of the movie, Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner have sex, and her breasts are shown. Language: Several uses of f*** scattered thoughout the movie, including one from "Terminator" which surprised me, seeing as it is a machine. Also a few uses of s***, a**hole, and lesser words. No product placement that I noticed, though I don't usually care about that. No noticeable drinking or drug use, though there is one comical scene where a police chief asks for a cigarette while he is already holding one. That about covers it. Enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Awesome.

Great movie, but there are some things to be worried about (extremely graphic explosions, the terminator is shown ripping his false eye out and cutting open his false arm to reveal his robotic parts, nudity, and the strong language).
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010
Oy, James Cameron showed his knack of making explicit movies for today back in only 1984. Excellent movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Amazing, just a largely awkward sex scene

I was watching and it was amazing, great story with amazingly realistically unrealistic violence with a robot vs man theory. WARNING abrupt sex
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2013

NO NOT FOR KIDS ONLY TEENS AND ADULTS

this movie will scare kids pre teens and young teens. the scene where he cuts his eye you will scare kids and there is a sex scene.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybalto the hero July 24, 2012

don't show it to your kids and teens

Not okay for kids and teens. but for adults. it's a good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

AMAZING!!!

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. I've probably seen it fifteen times. It keeps you hooked and it has action, suspense, a little romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA December 22, 2009

Good movie, but "Classic Action Film" might be a bit much.

Perhaps "The Terminator"'s reputation as a "Classic Action Film" led me to expect a bit too much from this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good movie, and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as incredible and jaw dropping as most people have said it is. Had I watched this and never heard of it before, I probably would have given it four stars. However, seeing as my expectations were very high, and it let me down a little bit, I'm giving it three stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 January 1, 2009

I saw it edited too

This is a good movie! but note, i saw an edited t.v version, it still had issues though... 1.LOTS of violince, many people are shot with bloody wonds, and the terminator himself (with or without his skin on) may scare the younger audiances, The terminator is shot, lit on fire and blown up (but none of it works). 2. mild languge of the D--n variety 3. the sex scene is skiped altogeter, and people are naked when they arive from the future. So this is a clasic actin movie that teens can watch if it's edited on t.v!
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

Terminator In Black & White Terms

THE CONTENT: I wouldn't say you should see it unless your 14, but otherwise I don't see why not. It has a sex scene, but besides that the violence and language is tame by today's standards. THE MOVIE'S APPEAL: If you don't like this movie, you probably didn't like the Matrix or Alien (&amp; Aliens)either. One of my friends thinks Matrix was weird and disturbing, so I wouldn't recommend Terminator to him. THE ACTUAL MOVIE: It's a classic. The action and effects are amazing. Kudos to James Cameron for his awesome screenplay and direction.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStellarMan1546 August 24, 2016

A CLASSIC! MUST WATCH!!!!!

This is one of the best movies ever made! However, parents need to know it is not for kids! The violence is mostly PG-13, except for the Terminator ripping out a punk's heart and performing surgery on himself, there are 10 F-bombs (1 used by the Terminator) and 2 sex scenes (which I wasn't allowed to see). If you skip the sex scenes, it is okay for 14 and up! This is the best Sci-Fi classic ever! If you love this movie, be sure to watch Terminator 2: Judgement Day, The Martian, Star Wars, and Back to the Future! The message is that courage can save you even in the darkest of times, like when Sarah (SPOILERS crushed the Terminator SPOILERS).
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2016

Terminator

This is a brilliant movie but be prepared for lots of rude romance
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2016

THE BEST SCI FI FILM

this has only some f words and it has some violence it has 1 gory scene but that was alright