All teen and kid member reviews for The Terminator

Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2015

Classic 80s hit is not for the faint hearted.

Parents need to know this film has extreme violence and constant swearing. The movie itself is amazing. The story is about a machine that time travels from the future to kill Sarah Conner and preventing her from having a son she hasn't had yet. The violence is extreme, frequent and bloody. There are a lot of guns and shooting in the film. The shooting is bloody but brief. There are also multiple graphic scenes. One scene in particular is very intense, it contains the terminator pulling out his eye ball (which I was not allowed to watch as even my parents thought it was disguisting). I guess it was very bloody. The swearing is frequent many uses of f*** , s*** and a**hole there is also some uses of m*****f***er. There is one sex scene that shows butts and breasts the scene is also very short. Overall the film is very intense and thrilling. I highly recommend supervision for all kids up to 15, kids 10 and under should not watch this film.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009
Kid, 9 years old November 22, 2012

look down

This movie was great; me and my brother(6) watched it and I loved it, it was our first R-Rated movie so i was super excited to be seeing it. My dad comes down and says "whatcha watchin'?" and i am like "The Terminator" and my dad is like lemme go get some popcorn I love this movie it's awesome!" and i was thinking wow! dad approves this!?! my dad is cooler than i thought! :D when i come up Austin is like hey mom we saw our first R-Rated movie with dad! and my mom is like "What movie?" and i said " we watched Terminator with dad it was awesomely amazing!" my mom is like okay now i know you like these movies get "Total Recall" and "The Sixth Sense" from Netflix you'll love those movies!
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

AR4U Cert: 18

Contains strong bloody violence, sex, sexualised nudity, language, some drink and drug references and very strong menace.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYodacat2001 February 1, 2016

Nothing bad

Nothing bad perfect for family
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks July 17, 2015

A classic

Well....Its quite violent and swearing but no nudity it was just sex But it's a classic and doesn't look real (like jaws)
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

AWESOME

this is a really really good movie. it is about a girl named Sara Conner and a machine from 2029 is sent to kill her to prevent the birth of John Connor a human rebellion leader in 2029.in 2029 is a raging war that is terminator vs human.But then Kyle Reese a guy from 2029 is sent to protect Sara. Kyle is John's dad. the whole movie takes place in 1989. i personlly think terminator 2 is better though because it is about john and his mom and a good terminator trying to help the escape from a bad terminator (in the 2nd one john conner is kind of cute ;) PARENTS there is one sex scene with naked boobs present and you see them.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Amazing, just a largely awkward sex scene

I was watching and it was amazing, great story with amazingly realistically unrealistic violence with a robot vs man theory. WARNING abrupt sex
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 May 1, 2011

An amazing, yet cheesy, 80's Sci-Fi flick. NOT for younger kids!

I just recently finished The Terminator. It was my first "Terminator" movie, so no comparisons to any of the sequels. This one is a bit of a mixed bag. Even for a movie from 1984, this one is cheesy. I guess I shouldn't have expected different however, considering the plot. Despite that, it is still a very dark, very tense, and very good movie. I absolutely loved it. :) Violence: Wow, where do I begin? To start off, over 30 people are seen killed in this film, and a soldier sent to the past speaks of almost everyone dying, and himself and a few others being kept alive to man the body dumping units, which he says "ran day and night". The 30+ people killed were all victims of the "Terminator", almost all of which were killed using various types of guns, while the very first victim had his heart ripped out onscreen (yes, you read right). One other victim was killed when "Terminator" ran him over with a car, while the man was still sitting at his office desk (still reading correctly). Scattered throughout the movie are flashs to the future that the "Terminator" was sent from, a horrific, war-torn future. Skulls litter the ground, and at one point, a female soldier is shot with a laser gun-armed machine, and is blown to pieces, literally. Sexual Content: At the very beginning of the movie, when the "Terminator" appears, he is completely nude, and his buttocks are clearly visible. Immediately following this, Kyle Reese, a soldier from the future, appears, also nude, though nothing sensitive is seen. Closer to the end of the movie, Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner have sex, and her breasts are shown. Language: Several uses of f*** scattered thoughout the movie, including one from "Terminator" which surprised me, seeing as it is a machine. Also a few uses of s***, a**hole, and lesser words. No product placement that I noticed, though I don't usually care about that. No noticeable drinking or drug use, though there is one comical scene where a police chief asks for a cigarette while he is already holding one. That about covers it. Enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Awesome.

Great movie, but there are some things to be worried about (extremely graphic explosions, the terminator is shown ripping his false eye out and cutting open his false arm to reveal his robotic parts, nudity, and the strong language).
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010
Oy, James Cameron showed his knack of making explicit movies for today back in only 1984. Excellent movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules January 20, 2016

Review #5 - A suspenseful, violent 80s' classic that put Schwarzenegger on the map.

DISTRIBUTOR: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer RATING: R Considering the budget of $6.4 million and the gross of $78.3 million, that's 12x the budget at $76.8, so that means $1.5 million upwards from 12x its budget, The Terminator has firmly established itself in pop culture. The opening alone features a nude Terminator asking a punk for his clothes when that punk draws that switchblade and yells "F**k you, a**hole!" when that punk, I believe, Bill Paxton, gets his heart ripped out with the Terminator's BARE HANDS. And that's just the beginning of this relentless, intense thrill-ride. But anyway, it all came from James Cameron having a nightmare, a nightmare where that robot was chasing him. And that's when he knew... THE TERMINATOR, bringing Orion Pictures (rights for these films belong to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, hence the studio description) a film they had little faith in and feared the worst, and boy were they wrong. So when this R-rated action-thriller came out to 80s' audiences who wanted this ride, it became a hit. And so it goes, the legacy and the juggernaut that it is today. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parental guidance section: This film is quite violent and overall contains some profanity. As I described above, Bill Paxton's heart is ripped out of his chest with the Terminator's bare hands in the opening scene, in addition to Arnold Schwarzenegger's buttocks being shown completely on-screen; also, a man and a woman in two separate scenes face a close-range gunshot that kills them in the respective scenes (it cuts away on impact from their point of view); it only gets more violent as the Terminator, human-looking as he is, cuts open his own arm (with blood) and his own eye socket, revealing metallic skeleton bones, a cyborg. There's gunshots fired, especially in one famous scene at a police station (not much blood), in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment a soldier is blown into matter (minimal blood), and a gash on a woman's thigh via shrapnel renders her unable to walk and in pain; she screams and this is intense. The action sequences are very suspenseful. Meanwhile, there are a few sex scenes: The roommate and her boyfriend have sex for several seconds, rolling around, maybe a little bit of thrusting; the second one shows two characters and the woman's breasts are shown, thrusting and rolling around are shown, but it feels very romantic. As for the language, there are maybe eight F words in there, tame for an R rated film. As for consumerism: I honestly can't remember anything about consumerism, perhaps action figures, perhaps the MGM and Orion logos at the start? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This, along with its sequel, are two of my favourite science-fiction films ever. They are just wildly entertaining from start to finish. "I'll be back", Arnold says. He was back for three sequels and a reboot, but I didn't see Rise of the Machines and Salvation based on negative reception. However, this one ranks as instant classic. As the suspense, thrill-a-minute as it may be, will never let you get lost from the story, it will let you get lost in the suspense. There's a difference. Arnold may not be the best actor ever, but who cares? He's an icon, the man. And with T2 being even better, surprisingly, up there with Toy Story 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Toy Story 3, well, these two films can happily stand on their own. This film is very impressive, especially as its budget is read. Wow. And a final side note: I know, in Australia it's M (average PG-13, light R), but for those who say *this* could get a PG-13, maybe possibly the violence would be that level on appeal, but the sex scenes and occasional language would prevent this from getting a PG-13, anyway. Maybe if the sex scenes were cut and the profanity lessened, it could pass. Please let teenagers watch it and its sequel. Watch, love, enjoy. Thankyou for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 May 31, 2015

Brilliant movie, some scenes may scare/gross-out younger children

This an excellent sci-fi thriller, but, the arrivals of secondary protagonist Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) and cybernetic antagonist The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) contain nudity. There are two quite gory scenes as in the first 15 minutes The Terminator rips a man's heart out and later in the movie he operates on himself cutting through his artificial skin/flesh to reveal the system that controls his fingers and gouges one of his fake eyes out to depose of it after a viscous gunfight and car chase.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2013

NO NOT FOR KIDS ONLY TEENS AND ADULTS

this movie will scare kids pre teens and young teens. the scene where he cuts his eye you will scare kids and there is a sex scene.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybalto the hero July 24, 2012

don't show it to your kids and teens

Not okay for kids and teens. but for adults. it's a good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

AMAZING!!!

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. I've probably seen it fifteen times. It keeps you hooked and it has action, suspense, a little romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA December 22, 2009

Good movie, but "Classic Action Film" might be a bit much.

Perhaps "The Terminator"'s reputation as a "Classic Action Film" led me to expect a bit too much from this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good movie, and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as incredible and jaw dropping as most people have said it is. Had I watched this and never heard of it before, I probably would have given it four stars. However, seeing as my expectations were very high, and it let me down a little bit, I'm giving it three stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 January 1, 2009

I saw it edited too

This is a good movie! but note, i saw an edited t.v version, it still had issues though... 1.LOTS of violince, many people are shot with bloody wonds, and the terminator himself (with or without his skin on) may scare the younger audiances, The terminator is shot, lit on fire and blown up (but none of it works). 2. mild languge of the D--n variety 3. the sex scene is skiped altogeter, and people are naked when they arive from the future. So this is a clasic actin movie that teens can watch if it's edited on t.v!
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

Terminator In Black & White Terms

THE CONTENT: I wouldn't say you should see it unless your 14, but otherwise I don't see why not. It has a sex scene, but besides that the violence and language is tame by today's standards. THE MOVIE'S APPEAL: If you don't like this movie, you probably didn't like the Matrix or Alien (&amp; Aliens)either. One of my friends thinks Matrix was weird and disturbing, so I wouldn't recommend Terminator to him. THE ACTUAL MOVIE: It's a classic. The action and effects are amazing. Kudos to James Cameron for his awesome screenplay and direction.