All parent member reviews for The Three Stooges

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 11, 2012

If you're a fan of the old show,you'll love this!

I REALLY LAUGHED WHEN I SAW THIS! It was just hilarious! I LOL'd a lot! So did my family!
Adult Written byAllie Pierson September 15, 2012

A worthy slapstick comedy

Good and funny but just don't let your kids under 8 watch it.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byLonghornmom August 17, 2012

Very disappointed in plot about cheating wife...in family movie

I was VERY disappointed in a few of the scenes of this movie. A large part of the plot is a woman wanting them to kill her husband (implied that she is with this other man) for money. They may make it comical but they couldn't come up with a more family friendly plot for the Three Stooges than that? For a PG movie I didn't expect infidelity and murder for hire in the movie even if it is a joke. Our kids are not stupid and clearly pick up on that even if it isn't explained in detail. And for much of the movie the actress has her chest shoved up and in sexy outfit, and shots like the rat going in her chest. I expect this stuff in other movies but I just really didn't expect it in this movie. And the final straw was the Nun in a sexy/skimpy swimsuit with her chest busting out. I was offended by that and thought that crossed the line. Overall the movie was kind of funny and okay and not the worst ever. But I am still just so surprised at the choices of plots for what we expected to be the corny 3 Stooges. Research says that even younger teens should not be exposed to this type of sexualization of women. Boys and girls both get improper views of the opposite sex with some of this content that gets put in PG movies that does not contribute anything to it. At least don't put this stuff in movies that are not marketed as such. I way prefer something like PG13 Harry Potter for my kids compared to junk like this.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byWorldofjuno April 23, 2012

More disappointing than funny...

I was a Stooge fan growing up. Guess maybe I forgot what it was that appealed to me at the time. Took my husband, 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter to see hoping for some good stress-releasing laughs at the end of a long week. I think my son laughed out loud once. For me, it was uncomfortable to watch. The eye poking, head clunking & nyuk-nyuk's got old real fast. The baby being kicked across the floor and the guy being dragged under a truck made me cringe, not laugh. I wanted to like it, but I just didn't. I actually felt irritable afterward. My kids thought a few parts were humorous but for the most part, they were ultimately let down, considering how revved up they were beforehand. I do have to say that the acting was on par as far as accurate portrayals. Funniest part to me was Justin Lopez (whoever he is) during the liability clip at the end...I'm sorry but wearing an open unbuttoned shirt and flexing your chest muscles while sending an important safety message out to kids? Had to have been totally intentional. Just wondering if it's really little kids he was trying to impress upon...utterly ridiculous. Save your money.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byExudingTwilight August 17, 2012

WHY IS THE THREE STOOGES RATED PG?

I found some of the material highly inappropriate for a young audience. I am confused by the rating of this movie and needless to say, I was surprised when I watched this film with my six year old son. We did not make it through the entire film. It was a waste of money and I was very disappointed. Also, despite what the original review says, there are references to alcohol. A man is put to sleep with an unknown substance, social drinking is portrayed, a cigar is used as a prop, and at least two product placements for beer are included. Also, infants are used as human squirt guns and an infant is kicked across the floor of a nursery.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen April 13, 2012

That's Funny!

The 3 Stooges are good funny characters!
Educator and Parent Written bySkier1225 August 31, 2012

This should have been PG13.

My wife and I were laughing at loud at the antics. The actors are fabulous. But we would never allow our children to watch. This should have been PG13 for comic violence and adult thematic elements.
Adult Written bysiskelandebert1 April 13, 2012

"The Three Stooges"...Definitely A Success!

As a former Teacher of young children and a Stooges fan, I endorse this movie for parents, grandparents, and children. As Mr. Anderson points out, the Stooges do agree to assist in a man's death--what he didn't mention is that the Stooges initially refuse flat-out and are only persuaded when the man lies to them and tells them he has a medical condition that will cause him horrible pain and suffering; that this would be an act of mercy. For audiences in their teen years or older, this might actually be a gentle, nonthreatening way to bring up opinions on the "right to die" with your children. Nobody wants to think about death, but this is a topic that merits discussion, and families should know, not guess at, what their loved ones would want. Younger audiences will likely only see that the Stooges are being duped...again. There is no foul language, and at the end the Farrelly Brothers include an explanation of how the special effects and visual tricks in the movie are accomplished and a warning NEVER to hit others with hammers or poke them in the eyes. I am recommending this for audiences 8 and up, but if the kid wants to see it, I think one could go a bit lower. There is some violence in this film (It's The Three Stooges!) but there is also a great deal of love. For instance, when the Stooges are children at the Orphanage, Moe is about to be adopted by a wealthy couple who can offer him a better life, but he won't go without Larry and Curley. Go see this movie! You will be pleasantly surprised.
Adult Written bynew man April 13, 2012

should be great

i for one really want to see this movie and think it looks great and funny but would just like too remind parents or perhaps tell some for the first time that this movie is rated pg and will probabley contain some sort of adult and mature content ps. the reason that i put it had a positive role model is because the stooges are all three good friends so i think that may teach kids about friendship
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 29, 2013

Good, Funny, (Silence)(Laughs)

So Funny. Fun for the whole family, and the kids. And even grown ups will want to see it.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymoonbeem16 July 20, 2012

A funny movie

I was not a fan of the 3 stooges growing up but my daughters ages 8 & 10 were dying to see this movie. Although it is a bit violent (only to the stooges) I have to say I laughed through the entire movie and the girls thoroughly enjoyed it.
Parent Written byjmw4eire July 4, 2012

Some scenes are sacrilegious

We were hoping for the classic clean humor of the Three Stooges. Our 8 year old son thought it was hilarious, but we were disappointed with the sexy Nun scene. We found it to be sacrilegious for the pool scene and one of the Nun's which was actually an ugly man dressed as a Nun.
Adult Written byTony632 April 22, 2012

The Three Stooges

Parent Written byFrenchalisious April 22, 2012

Clean family fun!

It wasn't any worse or have anymore inuendos than the origianl show. It wasn't moderized... my girls, 12 and 9 LOVED it. All the kids in the theater loved it. Everyone laughed the whole way through and we will own it as soon as it's out on video.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byscootinbabe April 15, 2012

LOVED IT

Yes, there is lots of slapstick--and slap heads, nosehonks and farts--but there is also a lot of heart to this wonderful film. The humor is lowbrow, the jokes are obvious and it's all good fun. My children and I loved it. Be warned that there is a pee-fight (yes you read that right) and it is the most hilarious part of the whole film imho. Definitely go and take your kids to give them a glimpse into the wacky world of The Three Stooges.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 15, 2012

COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING!

If you and your kids grew up watching the old show, you know what to expect in the movie! I saw this movie 2 times because IT IS DOWNRIGHT FUNNY! Like the old show, there's plenty of slapstick violence, but at the end of the movie, there's something special that teaches kids about the difference between violence in movies and violence in reality! Parents, you and your kids will laugh as much as I did!
Adult Written byrexxcarz April 23, 2012

Great Stooges Tribute (nyuk nyuk nyuk)

Take your 9+ year old (even girls like 'em today, I see) to see this incredibly accurate re-do of the Stooges' narrow artform. It is just for laughs. Having grown up with the Stooges (I'm 60 now), I found myself laughing AND critiquing the movie and the actors' protrayal. All three were phenominal (especially the Larry part), and it was so cool to hear all the old Stooge sound effects appropriately applied at just the right moment.
Parent Written bymamatx April 14, 2012

Not for kids!

They ruined the sweetness of the movie. There is a murder plot that could of been avoided. Wife having an affair and wants her husband killed. Not for elementary age kids. We walked out. Major parent fail!