All teen and kid member reviews for The Tourist

Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 April 6, 2011

IT WAS CARP!

THIS WAS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! The storyline was good, and if the actors weren't so boring, it didn't try too hard to be serious and funny at the same time, it might have been a good film. Good twist at the end.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 May 9, 2011

fine action film

This movie is a fine action film not that bad or anything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 July 3, 2014

Really good!

The Tourist was a great, action, romance film for teens and adults! But here's what you need to know about it… Some language throughout, brief kissing, scene where the main actress changes and her underwear an bra are seen BUT nothing happens, violence is a little strong, gun shooting throughout, scene where a guy strangles another with a belt (i don't recommend watching that part), and the main actress is held at knife point (but she doesn't get hurt). Overall i think it's a wonderful film with a GREAT twist at the end but not for kids. Not just because of what i wrote but it may be hard for them to understand as well. Great for 13+
Teen, 14 years old Written byearthgurl March 30, 2011
Johnny Depp is a great actor, but he unfortunately has a really boring character in it. Good mind-twisting end.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 8, 2016

My rating: PG-13 for action and brief strong language

Sex/Nudity: 1,5/10 Violence: 4/10 Language: 5,5/10 Drinking/drugs/smoking: 2/10
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrozenelsalala April 20, 2016

it's good

I think it's good for teens. Not for children. I like it. It's romantic and action .
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink March 3, 2012

Fine For Teens To Watch With A Parent

The wort part is probably the one violent scene which i fast forwarded through. The one love scene was a bit much but was not graphic. There was quite a bit of language but if a teen watches this movie with a parent like I did they should be fine. my parents always explain to me when bad words are said that we don't use that kind of language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez August 20, 2011

Favorite

Superb!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan22 August 3, 2011

Romantic thriller is well-acted, but has its flaws.

The first half of The Tourist is mainly romance and introducing the beautiful city of Venice. The "action" kicks in about halfway through the movie. I enjoyed this movie, and I liked the ending. The movie is quite boring, but I enjoyed the chases and fight scenes. One disturbing scene of a man choking another to death is shown. There are a few kisses and some cleavage. The language is strong, but nothing more than an average PG-13(one use of f**k is the saltiest). I thought the storyline was an original, cool idea, but there are very large plot holes and flaws. It seems the director focuses too much on the city of Venice than developing the characters. It was interesting to see Johnny Depp in a new role, but it was too bad he didn't have much chance too humor the audience. Overall, this was a so-so movie, but it's good enough to rent.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

Great!

Great movie! has some suspense and action this makes it a perfect movie for teens ages 13 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaneEyre<3 June 11, 2011

AWESOME......

It was very good and old fashioned. There was 1 F-word and one S-word. That was all.There was one scene when Elise undresses(no nudity).And the violence was very light. And Johnny Depp + Angelina Jolie =AWESOMENESS.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKenseyK April 11, 2011

Great for older kids/people but younger kids might have problems!

Boring! Haha I mean you might like it if you have MAJOR patience. If you are looking for a movie with basically the same plot, but done better watch "Charade" it is from 1963 and it is 1 hour and 53 minuets. BUT it is unrated so of course ask your parents :D
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011
Yeah looks like a boring half the movie and I like the place to seeing Venice and Paris,The girl wears the clothes are beautiful.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 5, 2011

I rate this film ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: The movie's strongest message is that everyone is both good and bad, light and dark, and those who love you accept you completely as both. What to watch out for * Role models: Shaw puts his love of money and possessions above all else. Alexander might have stolen from an awful man, but he's still a thief, and Elise is a rogue character who makes questionable professional and personal decisions. … * Violence: A kingpin and his gangster henchmen try to kill Frank and Elise several times, chasing them on speed boats and through the streets/rooftops of Venice. A man is throttled to death, and four or five men are killed by police snipers. * Sex: Elise is pretty much sex appeal personified. She's presented as being so stunning that men and women stop in their tracks to stare at her as she walks by. One of the uses of "f--k" in the film is inspired by the sight of her in an evening gown. There are a couple of passionate kisses, as well as one scene of Elise changing into a lacy nightgown (viewers see her in her bra, stockings, and underwear). * Language: Occasional strong language includes a couple of uses of "f--k" plus "a--hole," "s--t," "h**l," "ba***rd," and "oh my God." * Consumerism: The Eurostar train system is featured pretty heavily, and the logo is shown a few times. Venice's ultra-luxurious Hotel Danieli is one of the movie's main locations. * Drinking, drugs, &amp; smoking: Several people smoke cigarettes, and Frank smokes nicotine-releasing electric cigarettes. People are shown drinking socially at dinners and a party.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

sure

Decent movie. I saw it on a plane and it kept me entertained. The storyline is ok. Mildly interesting.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2011

This is such a refreshing movie! You'd expect it to wrap around touring the world- but it really wasn't near that. Not only would I consider this refreshing, but it really keeps you on the hook- you have to keep on watching it to find out what happens. That's why I think that people would really enjoy this as it's a real nail-biter. There really isn't any concern's only the violence and the language, bad ro-models, and un-positive messages. There are brief scenes of them all which really takes some maturity to understand- that's why I had said that it's iffy for mature 11 year olds (in my opinion). It's great to watch with a parent and to review over it to make sure that they understand. Otherwise, I think it's a-okay!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 29, 2011

Good, but could have been better. Without the 2 F words, the movie would have been PG

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some strong language, and brief violence. 2 F words.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybarbiegirl825 March 23, 2011

Mature 'preteens'

Teen, 13 years old Written bydmalino March 9, 2011

Great movie for 12-13+

Movie is really good but seems short, the use of violent words is not so loud, so most people don't look at them, I recommend the movie if you like action
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011
good because it has johnny depp and angelina jolie!