All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Adult Written byrandomposter June 7, 2010

Bella is a TERRIBLE role model

Ok, I've read all 4 of the Twilight Saga books, and seen the other 2 movies. All I can say is that this series makes young girls obsess over fictional characters. The books are pieces of crap and are poorly written , which translates to the movies with it's bad acting and stupid plot points. This series has a "role model" who is a young female with no ambitions in life and no desires to do anything, or even go to college, but as long as she has men throwing themselves at her she'll be happy. She's in an abusive relationship with Edward. He is entirely to controlling, and she puts herself in danger for him. Jacob can be a jerk too. It's so stupid and gives a bad message to young girls that all they need in their lives is a man and makes them care too much about finding love too young.
Parent of a 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18 year old Written byMovieadviceguru July 4, 2010

Great for Tween-Adults. Fans of the Books Will be Pleased.

As a fan of the books I had to go see the movie. This being my favorite book, I had high hopes for the movie. I wasn't disappointed. It's the best one yet! If you've read the books you know, each one goes up a notch on the sex/nudity, and the violence/gore. It's not too bad though, it fits the PG-13 rating well. The only violence is really at the end, during the breif battle scene, which lasts for only about ten minutes. You see a few vampires riped apart, others you don't see. But they're vampires, so you see no blood or gore, they look like ice or glass when they break. During the movie a few breif times you see the other vampires (The army) feeding on humans. (You see no blood, just them leaning down towards the necks) Edward and Bella share a few passonate kisses. Jacob kisses Bella, but she pulls away and punches his face, breaking her hand. And Bella attempts to suduce Edward and trys to talk him into having sex with her. He agrees, but not for that night. Jacob is, of course, for the entire movie practically, shirtless. And he warms Bella with his body. There are a few innuendos as well. It was overall a really great movie, worth your money, and worth going to see it in the theater! I would go see it again! It's the best movie of the series, and of the summer so far in my opinion! I loved it, and if you've read the books there isn't anything there to surprise you. If you would let your kids read the books, then let them watch the movie, because approriate wise, they are the same.
Adult Written bydylandog July 8, 2010

I did not want Bree Tanner to die! :(

I just saw the movie last night I think it was the best Twlight movie because there was funny parts, action, and It was just a blast. Taylor L. was okay in this movie thou.
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written bySADC July 6, 2010

A Couple of Problems, but Overall Really Good

This movie has some pretty violent stuff, but if your child is not overly sensitive, it should not be a problem. There is one scene of HEAVY kissing that may make some parents uncomfortable, too. Overall, however, this is a really entertaining movie. It is the best of the three.
Parent of a 3, 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom June 30, 2010

Uneasy about letting my younger kids watch this one! But I loved it!

I am a twilight mom. My kids saw the first two with no issues or concerns and they know the entire story and are very familiar with the whole world and they aren't afraid of any aspect of it. But while I watched this movie, I grew very uneasy about my kids watching it. I was sure that it would be fine because I know what happens, but there was a ton more violence in it than the others and even though there is no blood, there is ripping off of limbs, bashing of heads in, although the heads crumble like concrete or plaster would. Lots of broken heads be ready for! Wolves eat vampires and bite them on neck and head and its pretty crazy at times. There are also scenes of the newborns feeding on humans who are screaming and you see them bite their necks. It is a huge jump from the much tamer new moon. I have a 6, 9, and 12 year old who are dying to see it. I am not sure if the 6 and 9 year old are ok to see it. The 12 will be fine. I was also uneasy about a few scenes that bella and edward and also bella and charlie talk about "physical intimacy" and talk about being a virgin. There is making out where taking your clothes off is mentioned, and losing your virtue... So, while that may go over my 6 year olds head or I can cover up some pairs of eyes, words are mentioned that my 9 year old might be interested in going home to google.:) I am unsure at this time about whether I will be taking my two younger kids...my 3 yr old has even see both twilight and new moon without worry, but he definitely wont be watching it. It was 4 times as good as New Moon though, to me, but I still love the fluff and sweetness that Twilight has. More men and boys will like this movie than the prior two.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

depends on maturity

Depends on how mature your kids are. If they laugh or don't like kissing or don't feel comfortable seeing intense scenes then wait to show them this movie. If they are mature then go for it!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhamidansari March 22, 2011

How Does Craigslist Make Money

into the series, there's more sex. And although they might not add everything in the book to the movie, they just HAD to add that one scene b How Does Craigslist Make Money
Parent of a 9, 10, and 11 year old Written byBingip December 5, 2010

11 and up, I learned a lesson

I took my 11 and 10 year old to see this and ( this is bad parenting but alshe was crying) I took my 9 year old. I thought it may not be that bad. I had to cover the eyes of my 9 year old for the battle scene, the volturi scene, the kissing scene( both 9 and 10) and some ear covering because my 11 year old is the only one that knows what sex is. After the movie my 9 year old started to act inappropriate. She said she was going to have sex with a vampire ( she doesn't know what it is) and get married to this week. My 10 and 9 year old had nightmares but my 11 year old was trying to sleep with their screaming. Take the older kids 11 and up but the little kids under should bake cookies or something with their auntie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHI wazz up November 18, 2010

Eclipse

The movie is very good but it's for kids who are older the are good parts were little kids can look at but a lot of it is kissy wissy and lovey dovey
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMissNaylor September 21, 2010

Pretty Good

I actually liked it. It was a lot more violence than I anticipated. All in all I thought it was a good movie. But not something I'd let my child watch yet.
Adult Written by4Spice August 30, 2010

not bad ok

this movie is ok i liked it better than the last two it has alot more violence watch it if your a twilight fan most guys looking for intense killing and violence wont like this 12 and over for mild violence mild sex
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byNassau Babe August 17, 2010

I agree with the too adult theme. It was too romantic and mature for anyone in and under tweenhood.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bychris2400 August 10, 2010

Ok if you talk to the tweens about it

I took my 10 yr old son, 11 yr old daughter and two of her 11 yr old girl friends. The friends were very scared by the violence. They were closing their eyes. My daughter read the book so she knew what to expect. The worst part of the movie for kids is when Bella insists on having sex before marriage. The kissing scene is very intense. She gets on top of him. But in the end Edward tells her he is old fashioned and wants to wait.
Adult Written bylovingwifeandmom July 25, 2010

Really written for adults.

There is no doubt that these books and movies and very well written with a good plot. However, there are some extrememly lustful/passionate scenes that are inappropriate for younger teens. I am really unsure of how they will be able to keep the last movie (Breaking Dawn) within a PG-13 rating. Although the language was very mild, there was some very dark violence, more than the first two movies. Bella and Edward have a very committed relationship, almost to the point of obsessive. I still am concerned how the movies portray vampires as "beautiful and perfect" which could give people a skewd view of self-worth and body image. Again, I loved the books and have loved the movies, however, as a parent/adult, I feel it is not fully appropriate for young children and tweens.
Parent of a 19 year old Written byJude431965 July 15, 2010

We loved it!!!!
Parent of a 4, 7, and 12 year old Written bylorikbr July 13, 2010

Phenomenal adaptation of the book; Not for kids.

I thought this movie was one of the best book to movie adaptations I've seen (I had the same opinion about New Moon, but not Twilight). The series is one of my favorites, and I have always been grateful that Stephanie Myers created these characters who were intensely in love with each other but exercised restraint from a physical relationship. I allowed my 12 year old to listen to the first three audio books and see the first two movies. Of course, we were both looking forward to seeing this movie after New Moon, which was terrific. Unfortunately, I wished I had seen this one before I let my son see it b/c there were definitely moments (that seemed to last forever) where I felt uncomfortable with the degree of intimacy shown in the movie. Also, this movie, like the book, had much less action and I think he was a little bored by it. As a fan of the series, I thought this was incredible and I loved every minute of it. As a mom, I regretted taking my 12 year old - to be honest, I think he was pretty uncomfortable, too.
Parent of a 1, 4, and 5 year old Written byMomOf3Princesses July 12, 2010

Great for Highschool and older not for anyone younger

I loved it!!! For me as an adult it wasn't that bad but I did see a lot of younger kids in the theater that I thought should not be in there. A matter of fact a little girl who looked to be about 9 at the oldest sat with her grandfather in the same row as my husband and I and during rosalie's flash backs there were a few parts I for one wouldn't want my 9 year old to see.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byM of 2 July 12, 2010

I loved the movie as an adult viewer. I believe that for those that have not had a dating relationship, this would be a terrible example. Bella's behavior is extreme and she is willing to forsake everything to be with Edward. I believe it would be most appropriate for those already dating with a little dose of reality added in.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymariabeppa July 12, 2010

Not for children, period

These movies are NOT for children. They are sexually charged and are now leading to a cult following of children actually, among other things, biting each other. Children should not be reading the books.
Parent of a 3, 4, and 14 year old Written bynicky120104 July 12, 2010

Great for over 13 !!!

Love the twilight movies!!! Great movie for over 13!!! Good fight scenes but not for young kids!