All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Parent of a 13 year old Written byJindwen May 18, 2010

Use caution...not appropriate for young girls!!!

These movies are SO not appropriate for young girls. When the first movie came out, we took our daughter and she 12. All Bella did the entire movie was LUST over Edward! They longed for the kiss in the end of the movie. Now, the second movie, we get to hear Edward and Bella moan every time they kiss. And don't forget about Jacob. Now all they do is flirt with each other. What message are we sending young girls? We need to keep our kids young...not forcing them to grow up so quickly. They'll have plenty of years to be grown ups. Lastly, this is supposed to be a vampire movie...not a romance.
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

Fine for the kids, nothing overly violent.

I loved the whole saga and my kids do too. They distinguish this all from reality just fine and it has made them less afraid of monsters I think! New Moon was great...I will let them watch Eclipse too, but will hold off on Breaking Dawn til they are a teen if it plays out like the book.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Bad movie for young girls, fine for teens who love drama.

I have not seen this movie, but after seeing the first two, if your child is under the age of 12, then your child probably has no business watching this movie (preferrably older for girls). These movies has this teenage girl moody and throwing everything in her life (including her life) away for a boy. Not the type of role model I want for my three girls. This girl doesn't care that this boy has killed people, for example. Not good. This movie has no positive role models for girls, and it glorifies girls and women giving up everything to go ga ga for a boy/man. Not to mention the scary parts of the movie. I know moms who let their 6 year olds watch this movie, and while it is their decision, I respectfully disagree. Our kids will not watch these movies until much older, if at all.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytwzzlrgirl November 22, 2009

Ugh...2 hours of my life I will never get back.

First, let me say, as an adult, I hated this movie. Long, insipid, depressing -- the dialogue is painful and the acting is worse. It was difficult for me to sit through the entire flick. Second, I would never recommend this movie to tween girls. When Bella, in a state of extreme upset, decides to hop on the motorcycle of a stranger outside of a bar (in the hopes of re-creating the perilous situation from the first movie that brought Edward to her when she was in town dress shopping), I was appalled. Who's depiction of love is this???? Oh, that's right: Mormon, Stephenie Meyers, who thinks everything is ok and fair game as long as you hold on to your virginity until marriage. Not for anyone under the age of 15, or older than 25.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byroyalblue246 June 16, 2011

the worst series in the world

this it very irritating and has a stupid plot and story line as do all the other twilight movies. none of the actors in these movies can act or do even an okay job at portraying the character they are supposed to be. the media has hyped this up just for all the smart people in the world to figure out that it is a total wast of time and money. the main character sets a terrible example showing that with out your man you are not good for any thing and you can not go on in your life, every thing is bad about this movie
Parent of a 2, 9, and 12 year old Written byclwellen December 4, 2009

Adult Written byJacob is so hot December 1, 2009

i love this movie because of Jacob he is so fine and Edward isnt bad looking but i love Jacob and his friends their all hottttt...i hate Bella though shes a two faced lil girl that just wants attention
Adult Written byschardls@charter.net November 20, 2009

It concerned me in the books and now in the movie that Bella is portrayed as having so warped a self image and so needy,depressed that she sometimes makes poor choices. Many teens feel ugly and depressed and maybe the author intended for the obvious contradiction of what Bella thinks of herself and what we see and know (beauty and good grades) to imply that perhaps they are not so ugly and stupid either. Younger teens may not understand this hidden message or see her risky choices as poor.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

sort of violent

Sort of violent for some kids, my kids loved it!
Adult Written byBUDU09 December 3, 2009

Please bite Bella!

Would someone just bite Bella.... she's sicking! The movie okay but wasn't what I expected it left alot out and someone that who didn't read the book wouldn't understand what wwas going on. Most of my fellow movie goers left out feeling let down.
Adult Written bypeppermintqueen November 22, 2009

Age-appropriate for teens

A fun (but terribly cheesy) film that is age appropriate for teens (and wouldn't be that interesting to 10-year-olds). I mostly laughed at it, but if I were 14, I'd have loved this. Pretty tame in terms of the language in PG-13 movies. It's also a nice change from movies aimed at 13-year-olds about teenagers who are sexually active. It is a bit more violent than the other film, but the main concern is the messages -- teen girls shouldn't think it's okay to let a romance control your happiness like that. It also gives girls unrealistic ideas about love.
Adult Written byChrissy505 November 22, 2009

ok-ish but really cheesy

It was a pretty ok movie. There's a part where they dismember a vampire mostly onscreen and there's a vampire fight scene, and there's a part where some tourists are being lead to their death (you can here their screams but don't see them being massacred). And there are A LOT of shirtless werewolves walking around (not really a bad thing). There are some parts in this movie that are ridiculously cheesy and are unintentionally really funny. If the movies story wasn't so god this movie would've been unbearable. So keep in mind it's ok to laugh as Edward dramatically walks forward in slow-mo from his car. It's hilarious. One other bad thing though is when Bella takes off with a man she doesn't know and rides his motorcycle with him just to see hear edwards voice in her head.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byTheTrutherofTruth November 21, 2009

Perfect for older kids not so much for tweens.

I think this movie was pretty okay even if it was a little melodramatic. The only problem was I had to pay for it. If you go to http(colon)//www(dot)rewards1(dot)com/index(dot)php? referrer_id=202889 you can get it for absolutely free. All I had to do was sign up and spend some of my leisure time and now I'm buying movies and other stuff like crazy. New moon at times was poorly acted and even under dramatic(a sure surprise there) The upgraded violence definitely shocked me seeing as I never did read the book. Watching this movie would probably be a breeze for children 15 and older but for 12-14 year olds, use your discretion.
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bytarasabode November 21, 2009

New Moon RISING!

New Moon RISING!!! by tarasabode Of course New Moon will not win any Academy Awards but it was MUCH more professional a film than Twilight. The CGI was on a much higher scale, the acting stepped up a notch and most importantly, they stayed true to the novel itself. Let's not forget where this story came from..the imaginations of a mother of three who desired to recreate a dream and put it onto paper. If the critics are not supportive of this film, then the true fans will be. Anyone who has read the books could tell you that this is the second act of a four act play. It does not have the nice resolution or even the initial sensuality that the first part of the story brings forth. But what it does have is a good translation of print to screen. The acting is honestly fair to good among the three leads but perhaps this is simply a translation of the angst and depression necessary in this second act. Acting performances by Billy Burke, Dakota Fanning and Michael Sheen make this film worth seeing even for non fans.
Adult Written byVolleyGirlLove June 30, 2010

No younger than 10

New Moon was definently better than Twilight. The actors opened up to their roles. There is some violence and sexuality. Bella and Edward are both suicidal. Like every boy is shown shirtless and there are a few passionate kissing scenes between Edward and bella. The volturi rips and cracks a vampire who broke laws in a flashback where Edward tells Bella carlisle story. They also fight Edward which contains may flips and drags not very violent or scary. Much cleaner than twilight.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010

Okay look, I rated this on for 13 year olds and over because in reality the books were written for that age range. I finally gave in and let my daughter watch both Twilight and New Moon because she's almost 10 now and unfortunately my daughter's best friend watch both of them and my daughter was feeling left out. So using my knowledge of my daughter and my own parental discretion and sat down to watch both movies with her. This is my warning, there are violent moments and if your child is sensative, this is not the movie for them. The only really violent scene is within the first 10 minutes during a scene when the Volturi is carrying out their punishment on another vampire.
Adult Written bycatwoman1 November 28, 2009

purrrrfect !

this movie was great luvvvvvvvvved it! theres so many taylor lautner scenes and he has a hot bod !bella is so pretty and she doesnt have a flat but . i luv u bella ! i know you look yourself up on google ! bellarocks !
Parent of a 12 and 16 year old Written byKyle Anglemier November 22, 2009

New Moon was awesome! Can't wait for Eclipse next June.

Loved the books and the movie was visually entertaining. Can't wait for the next one to come out in June 2010. And hopefully the last one will be released shortly after the that...
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygetalifeyoufreaks March 15, 2011

ITS GOOD FOR EVERY AGE

its good for your inner soul man, loosen your kids up its nothing they dont see you controlling weirdoes! its an inspiring novel and if you think its bad because Bella and Edward hug your lame because i hug my Husband all the time in front of my 2year olds
Adult Written bymractorman November 21, 2009

OK for highschoolers, parental supervision recommended for tweens

I was generally pretty neutral about the movie. While I enjoyed it better than the first installment of the Twilight Saga, the same pitfalls from the first movie came back to haunt the second. Personally, I found the acting by Bella and Edward to be extremely poor, and the supposedly emotionally-charged moments between Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob, and Edward and Jacob simply didn't have much oomph to them. I did tire of the audience of tween girls oohing and aahing every time Jacob took off his shirt--even showed up, and there was a lot more blood/wounds/etc. in this installment. The director also added/changed a few scenes, which I liked, but I might be biased seeing how I am a college-age guy.