All teen and kid member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 March 17, 2010

Only good for a child who is mature for their age

I really enjoyed watching this movie, and I think that kids 10+ could handle it. If your child hasn't seen couple's kissing or shirtless boys/men before this may not be for them. But, I think that most kids can handle it. Besides, most younger kids would not grasp the unhealthy relationship Bella and Edward have.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUryjah March 23, 2010
I LOVE the Twilight series. Books and movies! Personally, I'd say that the movies are better than the books, because they do less cursing. In the first Twilight movie, there is only one scene of profanity. Only one exclamation of "What the h***." But this one has more exclamation of it plus remarks that include: Da**it, What the h*** and Oh my God. There's only one use of the d-word, but frequent uses of What the h***. But still, the movie is far more mild than the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMurdockFace June 11, 2010

No one should waste their time

Peice of crap
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Freaking amazing! The end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCornpop157 June 7, 2010

worst

sucky story line. Basically only about a desprate, clingy girl in a abusive relationship with a vampire. A bad vampire who *Sparkles* Real vampires don't sparkle. Don't watch this or read the books
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosenrott June 4, 2010

How could anyone like this?

This movie is just... terrible. Bella acts absolutely crazy, to the point where me and my family were discussing how the only way this movie could be even remotely watchable was if Bella was /supposed/ to be mentally insane. The relationship between Bella and Edward isn't healthy. It's dysfunctional and just plain unpleasant to watch. Do fellow teenage girls really think that being so clingy and absolutely obsessed over someone to the point where you spiral into an uncontrollable depression and can't even live the moment something goes wrong or things get difficult is part of a good relationship? Really? How does anyone find this appealing? Me and my family almost couldn't manage watching it to the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Usual PG-13 Movie

This is a violent movie for kids and tweens. It also has some bad language. It has no shortage of shirtless males. But all of that's usual for a PG-13 movie. If you don't like sappy romance movies, it's best you don't buy this movie.
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2012

twilight geek

i love the first second and third movies i think you will to
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2010
I really didn't like this one don't know why but I just didn't
Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs October 1, 2010

ok

it is a ok movie not better then the first one
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2010

Wrapping Yourself in Cheese Cloth is More Enjoyable Than Watching This Film

The years of movie adaptations from books are in full swing, and I must say, I falter to learn as to how one can adopt such lackluster directors, especially when I am sure that there are plenty to go around. If you are directing a movie of this monetary caliber, it would seem second-nature that the investors affiliated with this film would hire top-notch directors to honor the literary success, or ambivalence, depending on your propensity of adoring the Twilight saga; this, melancholy, is not the case.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2010

it's good lol

It's a good movie u have to see the first one to under stand the second one and if u belief in mythical creatures u may like twilight lol
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 December 28, 2009

AMAZING

OK this movie was 10 X better than twilight! New Moon is not a disappointment at ALL. I do like Twilight, so i'm a little one sided, but seriously i recommend this movie to anyone who likes: Action, Werewolves, Vampires, Taylor Lautner (lol), Rob Pattinson, or even if you just want to laugh because there are a lot more funny parts in New Moon and I personally think that the acting is just better over all. Great Movie, go and see it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 18, 2013

The newest moon is decent, but not full

I found it puzzling how many people were disgusted by the first Twilight. It certainly wasn't hated by everyone, but the bad reviews were pretty bad. Several people even found it unintentionally funny because of its dialogue. I never found a problem with the dialogue or the plot; in fact, I thought it was very good. But reviews for the second film, New Moon, were worse; and honestly, I can't really blame the critics on that one very much. I mean, I still marginally enjoyed the movie, but less so than the first film. Its tone is much darker than that of the first film, focusing more on darkness and depression. This tone is somewhat enjoyable to watch, but its stuffed to the brim with ridiculousness; after Edward leaves in order to protect Bella, she starts to do dangerous things so that she can see visions of Edward telling her not to do it. The fact that she would throw herself off a cliff, smash her head into a rock, and get on a drunk's motorcycle just so she can see visions of Edward feels so outright ridiculous to me. And while I still like Kristen Steward, Robert Pattinson, and Billy Burke, I think that Taylor Lautner was overly-sentimental, flat, and at times even laughable as Jacob, even though he looked the part pretty well. But a large part of those negative traits is due to the fact that he is a terribly written character; he acts so pushy around Bella to get her to admit she loves him, which is exactly the wrong thing to do in a situation where her boyfriend is gone and she is having screaming nightmares about him. And I think the part where the characters are in Italy talking to the Volturi is dragged out and incomprehensible. Yet the film still does have its plusses; outside of the parts where she tries to kill herself to see visions of Edward, the scenes where she tries to make friends with Jacob and cope with Edward's absence felt genuine, and you can see Lautner at least trying to act supportive and caring. Like I said earlier, setting Lautner aside, the performances were good, especially Michael Sheen, who was delightfully hammy and devious as Arrow, the leader of the Volturi. The CGI for the werewolves was appropriately awesome, and the action scenes, while scarce, were delectable. In the end, it doesn't hold up as one of the series' best, but it's still decent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 28, 2012

I just new mooned you

HAHAHAH this movie IS HILARIOUS!!!! SO CHEESY!!!!!! Jacob's always flashing everybody XD Bella is so mortified about Edward XD And this one scene, Edward show the world his body so that the council will kil him, and he has the worst body ever! (no-hom0) it makes you wonder how he even atracts the ladies. Even i could atract ladies better than him, and i have a fat flubbery body XD stinks to be him. Anyway, this movie is for like...10 year olds and up. For all the girls, watch it so you can squeal over jacob and edward. For all the guys, watch it for a REALLY GOOD LAUGH!!!!! THIS MOVIE IS TOO HILARIOUS!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 February 28, 2012

Amazing

Wow...they did AMAZING with this movie! Acting; superb. Filming; exquisite. Ability to follow the book; OUTRAGOUS. I am always speechless when I watch any of the the Twilight movies, they did such an amazing job with them, I could almost cry (do I need to admit that I did cry in this movie?:)). They did great with the suspense of the werewolves, the Jacob/Bella/Edward suspense. When Edward leaves Bella...Aw, honestly, can I say they did the greatest job at the saddest scene in the history of any movies?? Because they did! Okay, I'm done praising the movie (I can go on forever), so as for violence; barely any, the wolves fight and kill, vampires have fights, but barely anything is shown. Sexuality; kissing, hugging, but nothing extreme. Language; I think "h---" is said and maybe "d---" but that's about it. Anywho, why are you reading this review? GO WATCH IT! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomeiseverwhere January 28, 2012

its awesome

i love it!! im sure it would be suitable for 12/13+ girls!sure it can get a little bit violent but it isnt too violent and without it the movie would be boring<3<3 btw robert pattinson is beautiful!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan September 21, 2011

This movie Sucked!

This is literally the worst movie I've ever seen. (and if you've seen "The Legend of Boggy Creek", that's kind of a surprise) There was little action and just not entertaining. I guess if your a complete Twilight fanatic then you'll enjoy this simply because of what it is, But if your just looking for something to watch, move on to something good, like "Star Wars".
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

TL

TAYLOR LAUTNER/THE GUY WHO PLAYS JACOB IS HAWT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconator June 17, 2010

Pattinson's abs are sprayed-on. Your argument is invalid.