All parent member reviews for The Ultimate Gift

Adult Written by111 April 9, 2008

Life is better when given away. Easily forgotten & new news for many.

Encouraging, challenging, entertaining, heart wrenching… all effectively challenge the thinking of any honest person, to live with eternal perspective, rather than mostly self-indulgence. I wouldn’t call it a “Christian” film, though many offended by its Judeo Christian morals, do call it that. It does not proclaim Christ as savior and King. It does, however, demonstrate, some of the quality of life that often results from living life as frequently according to God’s moral law as possible. A fantastic film, pointing us in a good and meaningful direction.
Adult Written byDr3w November 9, 2011

Not A Religious Movie

Common Sense Media gets it all wrong, yet again. Ok, so this film has some religious overtones. But it's not all about a spoiled rich kid getting religion. The main character never becomes a Christian or even shows any signs of being religious. This is a story about a selfish immature playboy finally coming to realize what the truly important things in life are. This film celebrates hard-work, friendship, family, generosity and treats religion respectfully, but this is not a religious film. I love this movie, honestly. I've seen it close to five times now, and it still has the power to make me laugh and cry. Abigail Breslin is soooo cute as usual playing her part with wit and dramatic talent. The other performers, many of whom are not well-known, are excellent as well. This is a first-class production and doesn't suffer at all from its relatively low budget. There are a few content issues with this film, but for the most part I think parents can talk them through with their kids. There is some implied cursing (characters use screw and BS to stand in for the real curse words), an implied sexual relationship between the main character and his girlfriend (who wears fairly low-cut outfits), and some brief violence, but overall these are not glorified by the film and I think that parents can talk through these issues with their kids. Don't listen to Common Sense Media when they give this film only two stars for quality and describe it as a film where "Spoiled, vapid rich boy gets religion." There is so much more to it than that. This is a really good movie, and I highly recommend it.
Adult Written bygoodparent March 19, 2010

A Great Movie for The Whole Family, With Kids 10+

Fantastic movie! In addition to having a powerful core message, it tells a great story. Yes, it has some emotional parts, but they're good emotional parts. Our 5 kids range from 11 to 14, and they all thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the kind of movie that you can watch more than once and still get something out of it. Enjoyed the soundtrack as well.
Parent Written byPhraunt February 27, 2010

Adult Written bymabel2009 June 21, 2009

Great, sentimental movie! with a good message!

AWESOME!!!! Loved it...completely!
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written bylioness57 March 20, 2009

Adult Written bytexas0789 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMacDan2004 April 9, 2008

Bring The Tissue

I know many critics "laughed" this movie off as being too "sentimental." But, we need more movies like this. We need more movies with positive and uplifting messages, even in the face of adversity. I liked this movie. The editing was a little rough around the edges but it was still a great story.
Adult Written bypowellpeters April 9, 2008

great life lessons for kids of all ages

This is a great movie. With all the crime, magic movies, witch and warlock movies it is refreshing to see real life lessons for kids and adults. Very entertaining and good impact. Makes you want better for yourself and others including giving your kids the 12 life lessons. I would buy this movie.
Adult Written byadairfam April 9, 2008

A great movie for anyone

This is a heartwarming story that not only I enjoyed but so did my 11 year old son. A tear jerker with a good message.