All teen and kid member reviews for The Village

Teen, 15 years old Written byCRITIC007 November 1, 2009

Awesome movie that has been extremely underrated

This movie is genius. It has got to be one of my favourite movies and definitely M.Night Shyamalan's best. The style and way that it is directed is amazing. There are some jump out parts but the twists are just awesome. Watch it with the volume turned all the way up if you want the full effect.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 2, 2012

Underrated masterpiece of a thriller is too scary and intense for tween's

M. Night Shyamalan's thoroughly underrated and extremely unjustly hated 2004 masterpiece, The Village, is yet another film in the long list of masterpieces from Shyamalan, a list that includes other great films that he has directed like The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. But, probably the reason why this film was so harshly panned by critics and audiences alike during it's original release was because audiences had not come to expect a film of such a different style from his previous efforts, so I guess it was just surprise and unexpectedness. Despite having the story set in measly little village, Shyamalan immediately confronts the audience with haunting images, beautifully dark and creepy, even eerie, atmosphere, and finally, plunges the viewer into a unforgettable climax and twist ending that he is also well known (and so well parodied) for. But, despite the PG-13 rating, this thriller is for mature audiences only: there in infrequent but disturbing violence including numerous images of dead and skinned dogs which are quiet graphic and will no doubt disturb many animal loving viewers. but, besides that, there really isn't all that much to offend, here. But, if you really haven't watched this movie yet, than i reccomend strongly to you that you most certainly do go ahead and check it out, and ignore all the haters that bashed this movie, originally.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2010
i liked it, but it dosent have very much action at all. there is a pretty small amount of violence, but lots of scary scenes. there are a few parts that are bad messages
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarcelo14 November 22, 2015

Totally Not even a thriller

I expected this movie to be super terrifying and extremely scary, but The movie was going extremely slow and there weren't any scarce. This movie is not really worth it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJennifer_12_06 June 24, 2015
I really enjoyed the movie and think it is fine for 11 year olds alough there is a jump scare and some images of a dead animal but I think it is very enjoyable
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

I don't entirely get the point of this movie

When I watched this movie, I was like "what the heck?" I was confused because this wasn't scary to me. This might creep kids under the age of 9 because there is some freaky creatures. There is not that much violence. Hope this advice helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoodness movies November 25, 2016

Eh Not really my fave.....

The movie isn't scary and for people dipping their toes in the genre it's perfectly fine. I just thought it was slow in bits and confusing in others. The ending wasn't my favorite but I won't spoil. Never saw any kissing though common sense media said there was so..... The stabbing scene was disturbing but not necessarily scary. No blood went flying and the horror prevalent screams weren't present. overall though it was drab :(
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustajumper November 1, 2016

Spooky but not too scary

A really good movie if you're looking for a creepy but not too scary movie. There are almost no jump scares and overall the movie is not that violent. There are some scenes with dead animals but you never actually see an act of violence happen. This movie will probably not give you nightmares! I think this a great movie for ages 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_emma_beth_4_ August 1, 2016

Great Movie

I am 12 years old and I love this movie. The first time i watched it, my nine year old sister had watched it with me. She had gotten a bit scared, but i was fine. The story takes place "1897" in a tiny community. The movie starts out with all of the village sitting at a large table eating dinner. It has some scary surprises and has one or two graphic killings. There si a monster of some sorts that is attracted to the color red. Once in a while it will come and attack there village. There is a man with a mental disorder and a woman who is blind. Overall, the movie is amazing! Some people might not think the same but i have a knack for thriller and scary movies. I hope my review was helpful!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNovelnerd2187 July 6, 2016

Awesome Thriller

I loved this movie! It's a great thriller, although it does have violence. It focuses a lot on perseverance, and has an ending that makes up for anything that kids might find scary. The characters in the movie spend a lot of time having fun, despite a threat that lurks in the nearby woods. Besides the suspense, The Village shows a decent amount of blood. Overall, it's a great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiger13 October 21, 2015

The Village

Another M Night Shyamelema Ding dong! Movie. Pretty good movie, but watching it as a 11 year old about three years ago or more, I wish I had waited. To this day it had no effect on me, but after watching it, it took me about 2 weeks to recover from it. Becareful about what you feed your brain through images and especially through phsycologial thinking
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2015

Great Movie with a Storyline

BudderPug's Review: A great storyline but there are a few very graphic scenes... This may not have much language, drugs, etc but it defiantly has violence! I watched one stabbing scene as a young child and it haunted me forever... Then I decided to watch it again at the age 11 and thought it was a great movie. I recommend this for very mature kids, mature tweens, and teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 13, 2015

Well made with another dumb twist.

Three and a half stars. The Village didn't deserve the hate. Some liked it, some hated it, but I thought the movie was okay, although Shayamalan went down a bit. The Village was scary and frightening at times and Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, Adrien Brody and Sigourney Weaver gave decent performances, but the typical twist ending from Shayamalan was terrible. I will continue the Shayamalan films with Lady in The Water. Grade: B-.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreenloversara August 11, 2015
This movie was scary and had a creepy twist. The ending was a big suprise
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2014

12A

Violence: One scene of moderate violence, infrequent mild violence. Horror/Scariness: Some mild scary scenes and mild horror. Language: None. Drugs/Alcohol: None. Sex/Nudity: Mild kissing, references to sexual assaults. Themes/Topics/Other: Supernatural Thriller. Some moderately intense scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid May 9, 2014

A horror/suspense movie. Has many jump moments.

The village is one of M night shymalan's good movies (along with the sixth sence). The village is a very amazing movie because its a type of movie you expect it not to be. Possible spolier alert: all the monsters and paranormal activity in the movie is all fake because it's the elders of the village who did it. Anyways this movie has violence but not to much and there is one disturbing moment with a man stabbing another man twice in the chest and blood is shown. There are also references to violence and spooky/paronormal stuff. The "monster" (spolier: even though it's just a costume.) is still very very creepy. Along with the creepiness there are jump scenes that also scare. The language is below moderate. There are instances of god, "oh my god" and one uttered "hell". There is also kissing and flirting. And a major reference to rape in the film. And from that there's also a reference that a boy was found dead in a blood of water naked with no clothes. The film is very creepy so watch at your own risks. (If you can handle 6th sence youl probally handle this one) it's a bit more scary but you will handle it. Violence 3.5/5: throughout the ENTIRE movie the entire film is VERY and I mean VERY creepy throughout the film. There is also some blood,stabbing,monsters,and many jump moments Sex: 2/5: references to rape and adultery. There is also a reference to a kid naked. Aside that there is kissing and flirting. And a scene where people dance together. Language 2/5: "God" is used once, "oh my god" is used three times,and one uttered "hell"
Teen, 13 years old Written bystudboy24 July 3, 2013

dark film

It is a very dark and violent movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byklipers April 3, 2013

The best move ever

I think this is the best movie in my TOP 10! There is one scene of violence when the person is stabbed, but in this movie it has its place and I really like this movie. It has a good, lyrical message also, *spoiler* the people came away from the towns because of the wrong people in it *end of the spoiler* My favorite movie of all time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster March 12, 2013

good but not awsome

a little less scary then signs is but has got 2 very scary scenes in it the movie itzelf is not this great it's good to see for a time but signs is way beter then this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySevares99 February 4, 2013

It's cool I guess...

Not being a fan of the Thriller/Horror genre, I was not excited to watch this movie, I felt it went between boring and gripping. I enjoyed the ending and twists and it ended with an interesting positive message rarely seen in movies. An enjoyable movie past the slow ending.