Parent reviews for The Wolfman

The Wolfman Poster Image

The Wolfman tuned up

Wolfman of a new generation. Buckets of gore. In consumerism one of the many classic werewolf to have in the DVD and Blu Ray collection.

The Wolfman

PG-13

Unexpectedly good!

I enjoyed The Wolfman quite a lot. The first 20 minutes or so is a little slow, not much happens as far as scary action goes. But the actual story itself is very engaging and keeps you watching. Scariness on scale of 1-10 (10 being highest) would be a 4 for me. I'm not even sure I'd call it a horror really, but it's a nice suspenseful film with a great cast! Could pretty much pass for a PG-13 in my opinion. Language is very mild and not a concern. Violence has a good amount of gore, slicing people, chasings, gunshots, scary werewolf transformations, people in pain, a man throws his beer in another mans face. Sexual content is mild with some flirting, you hear the word "whore" more than once, and one kissing scene between two adults falling in love. There's some drinking (a character gets drunk) at a pub and background smoking. Excellent film I'd definitely watch it again. Fine for the 14+ crowd.

i still wanna see this

the trailer was badass, and to be honest, it looks more like a crazy, bloody, gory, and hardcore action thriller than a horror movie

Not for kids, very mature teens with good stomachs and adults only

The movie was better than the critics said it was IMO. Given that... As a parent I wouldn't want my daughter to see it before she's older, because of the gore factor. We're not into that sort of thing. But the topic of the movie is a werewolf, so some killing is to be expected. However, some of it was a bit gratuitous IMHO. Panning meadows to show body parts, for ex; it's 2010 and leaving things to the imagination is a forgotten art for Hollywood, unfortunately. The story I believe was actually a good retelling of the original 40s B classic, with more emphasis on dad than on son. However, they needed to spend more time developing the characters. And they needed to work on del Toro's character the most, since he's the one with the difficult past. There was so much they could have done to develop the character to build a connection with the audience! The period atmosphere and costumes were top notch, and the transformation into the werewolf was one of the best IMO. Horror is a genre that needs to have a point to it other than scare, and altho the movie tried to bring the point out, that there's a fine line between animal and man, they used the wrong person to do it--the dad. Overall an "okay" movie.

The Wolfman

The movie itself it all around ok as far as movie remakes go. It can get a bit predictable at times, but teens and adults wont have any trouble watching this movie.

Not as bad as most people say...

As far as a scary movie is concerned, The Wolfman is pretty good. It delivers scares and chills many times. However, it is an easy movie to forget and as soon as you leave the theater, the scares are over. Personally, I like movies that stay with you for days after leaving the cinema.

Dark, visually appealing, suffers from bad screenplay.

The performances in the movie were absolutely fantastic. Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, and Emily Blunt all delivered and really brought their characters to life. It's always good to have great performances in a horror/action film. Everything seems genuine and all of the characters are very engaging. The set pieces and cinematography are all beautifully created. There's a lot of eye candy in this film just as far as the sets are concerned, and I really love the atmosphere this film created. The music is also pretty unique and memorable. I rarely comment on the score of a film, but this one really had some great music. Some other things that impressed me were the action sequences and the 'kills'. The action sequences are pretty exciting and they'll keep you at the edge of your seat. Just when you think it's safe... something crazy happens and mayhem ensues. The 'kills' are also pretty awesome. The werewolf in this film is pretty insane, so expect to see a lot of blood, gore, and human body parts flying around all over the place. The violence, along with the dark atmosphere, really gave a suspenseful experience. Overall, The Wolfman is a fun horror/action film. The acting is great, the sets and visuals are awesome, and the action sequences are pretty cool. There are also some pretty nice kills in this one for all of you blood/gore fans. While the film can be fun, the plot suffers from the film's inconsistent pacing, which eventually leaves some plot holes. Trust me, the trailer makes this flick seem a lot cooler than it actually is. Just eat your popcorn and leave your mind at home...it's just brainless fun. it was ofcourse visually appealing but the movie itself was not that great. could have been much better. i don't have any problem with the slow movement of the film but the screenplay.

Better than I expected, but still no instant classic

This decent horror remake hase a few moderate scares and some pretty vicious gory scenes. The acting wasn't bad, but definitely not the best. Parents: The gore level of this movie was pretty extreme, with blood, gore, and guts. There are disturbing images of torture, transformation, and murder. Bottom Line: Not bad if you want a good scare or two, but, overall, there are better gory horror movies. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man