Parent reviews for The Wolverine

Thrilling, action-packed adventure treads dark waters.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byFuture Critic 66 July 26, 2013

The Wolverine: Not Suitable for chikdren 14 and under

I went to the midnight screening. I am not a follower any comic books, but I enjoy the comic book movies. I have enjoyed the past X-Men films because they do offer an escape from the real world and are meant to be entertaining. If people like a great action film with a decent plot they will not be disappointed with "The Wolverine." The action is great and the story is entertaining. The review of the films content is correct. Not for children under the age of 14.

Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014
Adult Written byMasambo January 31, 2016

More expletives than stated.

Great film for adults but frightening for younger viewers. Rating on reverse of DVD states moderate action violence. I would say strong violence content, it's wolverine for heavens sake! Also states one use of strong language but as well as one F word, s##t used often and also a##e hole.

Parent of a 1, 2, 4, 6, and 14 year old Written bySuperherofan May 18, 2014

Too violent.

Lots of violent scenes, And language.

Written byAnonymous June 20, 2015

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 February 25, 2014

Jackman once again anchors the X-Men

Compared to the rest of the almost too action packed X-Men predecessors, this installment definitely had more dramatic, subtle shades in it; the Japanese backdrop I'm sure didn't hurt. Jackman was surely born to play his antihero Wolverine, and the rest of the cast is fine, except for the Russian actress who played Viper, who, for my money, lacked bite that a villain like her should've had. Otherwise, great action, a solid story that probably has comic book connections I don't know about, and an exciting cliffhanger for "Days of Future Past!"

Adult Written byDan G. August 16, 2013

Too much objectionable material for children

Mildly entertaining for adults, but loaded with too much serious and obejctionable material for children. The violence is almost non-stop, some of it bloody, there are suicides, sex between unmarried people, some nudity, and crude language. The main character is morally adrift, and the human life of others is not important to him, unless he likes them.

Adult Written bysarge123 February 4, 2015
Adult Written byErenJaeger October 29, 2015
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015

Dark and brutal. 15+

Adult Written byThat Therapist Guy August 31, 2013

Wolverine-Language

THe use of BALLS is in the movie rights at the start. Commonsense missed this. So just a heads up.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byGreyhoundgrizzle September 6, 2013

Not for some kids, just too much blood

the movie was going ok until a scene where Wolverine sticks his hand inside his chest--too realistic with lots of blood and my 9 year old got quesy, almost passed out, and then threw up in the hallway of theater from the sight of the blood---this has NEVER happened before and I would say his tolerance for violence etc is high for a kid his age, but this movie was too much for us...

Adult Written byarjuman July 29, 2013

MUST SEE!

This is a great movie and a lot better than I thought it would be, for some of the parts you need to have watched the last 3 X-Men movies to understand and it kind of had a twist at the end.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byValerie S. October 21, 2016

Too Violent

I am a big fan of the X-Men series although we have not allowed our children to watch these films yet. I actually walked out of Wolverine because of the violence. I felt that the fights were too graphic and it was non-stop. I feel that a movie can be great without having to show this much brutality.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 1, 2013

14 and up.

this other next sequel the wolverine is an awesome action/adventure film based on the other wolverine movies including the x-men movie franchise overall this movie is good enough for your young teen fans of wolverine to enjoy but parents this wolverine movie has a lot of intense violence throughout the movie the character wolverine uses some mild strong language but not constant and there is some social drinking in one scene which takes place in the bar when wolverine walks in.

Adult Written byadellec February 17, 2016