Kid reviews for The Wolverine

Thrilling, action-packed adventure treads dark waters.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySPE July 29, 2013

AWESOME

this movie was EPIC though a little gory a times

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 August 4, 2013

Wolverine is Barely 3 Stars.

Wolverine is a hard movie for me to rate. I didn't know whether to rate this 2 stars or 3. I ended up rating it 3 because Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolverine and the special affects and fight scenes were great but the script is nothing new. The first part is actually good storywise but then the script goes downhill. And the final fight scene could have deffinitely been better script wise (you might see the one part I'm talking about). Overall I was disappointed with Wolverine but it was not terrible. And stay after the credits for one scene but only one. Sadly there isn't two after credit scenes like in the Avengers.

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2016

*yawn*

I watched 10 mins of this movie and it was boring, very boring. If that isn't enough, another reason I don't like this movie is because Wolverine kills a bear and he had no right to, the bear wasn't even attacking him, it was minding its own business and wolverine 'our so called hero' kills it with his giant fingernails.
Kid, 8 years old April 11, 2016

Disturbingly gory

Frequent moderate violence (will be desturbing for most stable under 10's) Mild sexual scenes and one use of strong language. Mild poison shown and Modarate upsetting scenes. Almost strong peril. Modarate horror.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart May 13, 2015

NOT for kids!!!

(Note that I only saw the Extended Cut which was really violent) Since most kids may be familiar with the Wolverine from the X-Men movies and/or comics, they might be interested in seeing this movie. I don't know how violent the theatrical version is, but the extended version was really violent and even had blood and was MUCH more intense than the X-Men movies. It also had a little nudity (partial) and implied sex. It also had much more language, about 3 f-words at least and probably even more s-words. So I'm guessing the theatrical is also violent, but since it says 14+ here I think that it's okay for 14+, but the extended cut is not recommended for kids under 14/15.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysisterwhocares July 29, 2013

Clunky but exciting film gets a little graphic

Overall, this was a good, but not great film. The beginning and first half of the film were exciting and had a good hook, but around the last half the film the plot began to weaken and lose velocity. I believe what happened was the director started to realize that the film was getting too long and predictable, so he/she tried to strengthen the ending by adding more action and some sudden plot twists. However, it just didn't work, and it made the last part of the movie feel forced and clunky. Other than the weak ending, the film was entertaining and fun to watch. Note to parents: the violence in the film does get very intense and slightly graphic at times. In the beginning of the film there is a devastating atomic bomb explosion, and some characters get badly burned. Also, a group of Japanese soldiers commit Hara-Keri (suicide by disembowelment) on screen; it is not shown directly, but is still very upsetting to watch for even the toughest teens. In another scene, a character gashes part of his chest open and digs around inside to get a parasite off his heart. This is shown more directly than the suicides, and is rather nauseating to watch. The same character is also shown at various times pulling bullets and glass fragments out of his body with some blood shown. There is also some sexual content in the film. A man and two women are briefly shown in their underwear, and a couple sleep next to each other in bed. The man is shirtless, and the woman is wearing a slip-dress; no nudity is shown but it is obvious that they had sex. The language in the film is strong, but not frequent, and includes uses of "sh*t" and "a**", and one use of "f*ck". Overall, despite the uneven plot and graphic violence, this movie was exciting and entertaining, making it a great summer flick for teen and adult X-Men fans.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 19, 2014

"The Wolverine" movie review

Hugh Jackman is fantastic as Wolverine. He is so likable. "The Wolverine" started out tremendously. I really liked the introduction to "The Wolverine". The action scenes were great. After the first 45 minutes, the movie started to get a little slow and drag. Then it went back to the fast pace. The pacing of the film could have been better. I loved the scene when Wolverine gets shot by many arrows but he kept going on. That scene was bad-ass. The last 10-20 minutes of the film were kind of uninteresting. I really liked the first two acts of the film. By the third act, the movie was slow and weak. This was a movie about the character study of a tortured man trying to cope with a loss, but towards the end it turned into a cartoon. So in the end, "The Wolverine" was a lot better than the first attempt at a "Wolverine" movie. Still, "The Wolverine" could have been improved in many ways. This movie is the most violent PG-13 superhero movie so I think parental discretion is advised. If you are a teenager who likes superheroes, I think you will like "The Wolverine" despite its many flaws.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 August 8, 2013

The Wolverine is a great character study of the main character (of the same name) and is the best X-men film that I’ve seen

The positives are the Lead performance (Hugh Jackman did a brilliant job and truly was emotionally involving), the character development was really good (I got to know and care about the Wolverine and the two main girls as well as understand what they’re going through), the story was good (Especially during the first two thirds of the movie which didn’t feel like a comic book story. The last third is a different story), the pace was good (Slower then most films but for good reasons), and finally the cinematography was solid (I’d say about eighty-five percent of the camera angles were good). The only negatives are that the storyline falls apart in the final act (Goes from a character study in the first two thirds to a cartoonish action study) and that the villains are kind of cliché. In the end, The Wolverine is a character driven movie that could’ve been amazing if not for the final acts heavy cartoonish action. I would still highly recommend this film. Brief partial nudity, heavy violence and about 20 profanities(half a dozen s-words and 1 f-word) are the only things to worry about.14+

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2013

ONE OF THE WORST FILMS OF THE YEAR

a terrible movie, which is an un-original boring and stupid film. A poor entry to the x men series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 December 15, 2015

Better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

(N.B) This is a review of the unrated extended cut I watched online. The Wolverine is a well made movie with Hugh Jackman once again giving a tremendous performance. The action sequences are well choreographed and decent, the story is excellent, the music is good and this is better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Grade: A.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 8, 2015

Simply Awesome!!

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

the best x-men yet.

This superhero movie is very entertaining, but much more violent than most marvel movies. There's bloody gunshots, swords,arrows, and viper the villain is very scary by poking people with her fingers, and poisons them. In one scene wolverine digs in his stomach to take a bug out.But go see it its amazing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Prettygood

Good movie. A few slightly inappropriate scenes and language. Not bad overall.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

I will be honest, I was scared in one scene.

The Wolverine made me feel like watching a Japanese movie starring Wolverine than an X-Men movie. This movie was also quite dark and brutal in my opinion. That part I mentioned where I got scared was (Spoiler alert) Wolverine getting a spider robot out of his heart by stabbing himself and getting the robot out of his heart with his bare hands. (Spoilers end here) It was too intense and bloody mixed with a violent scene where a girl fights another man. Too intense, really. I recommend seeing the other X-Men movies than this one.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII October 21, 2014

Exciting marvel movie

Characters are shot, and stabbed. Wolverine is hit with a nuke. There are several uses of @ss, b!tch, sh!t and fu©k. When in the bath some of Wolverine's bare butt is shown.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNirvana Samurai December 25, 2017
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 12, 2014

Fun to watch action movie

THE Wolverine is portrayed as an antihero, so he does kill, but only villains. There is 1 f**k, and a few s*!ts. When wilverine is in the bath, the top of his butt is visible.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBillb0 June 27, 2017

This was a fun time.

Theatrical Version: 12+ Suggested Rating: PG-13 for Sequences of Intense Stylized Action Violence, Some Suggestive Content, Brief Strong Language, and Partial Nudity Unleashed Extended Edition: 14+ Suggested Rating: R for Bloody Violence and Some Language

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe dat boi August 8, 2017

Great movie has some blood

This movie can get a little bloody and also has scene with a man with two women in their underwear also a few shits and one fuck

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 January 19, 2017

Pretty decent movie

Well, this is a good movie, x-men origins was awesome (minus deadpool) and this was a great sequel. Really looking forward to when Logan comes out :)