Kid reviews for The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death

Creepy but unnecessary sequel deals with war, kids in peril.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2015

Great horror sequel is dark and has some very scary scenes.

Parents need to consider that this sequel has just about the same level of horror and threat as the first one. There are various scenes which will scare children, and some adults. There are many 'jump' scenes in the film/movie which adds some intensity to the theme of the film, making this not suitable for children. Sex and language is not an issue here, but it is an intense rollercoaster for teens aged 12 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylandontube1 January 6, 2015

SCARY JUMPS, MATURE THEMES

I thought that Woman in Black: Angel of Death was just fine. It was dramatically different from the fist film, however. There is quite a bit of violence but its mainly brief and kept tame, although we do see a woman hanging herself and children attempting to kill themselves. The film itself isn't very frightening so the editors decided to rely on unexpected jump scares and this movie delivers them frequently- so keep that in mind. There is also little (to no) language which isn't surprising as its aimed for teens. The movie did better than the first in my opinion- as this one had much brighter and less Gothic scenes and yet still sent shivers through the audience. If your child is 12 it is possibly an iffy choice- but 13 year olds will do absolutely fine with the material used. Overall, The Woman in Black: Angel of Death is a good one for a late night date... and you may just want to read the book first :)

Teen, 14 years old Written by2jayz January 8, 2015

Better than the first

This is better than the first one. I actually knew what was going on. It is extremely scary like the first one. Not for pre teens or kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byOli September 30, 2016

Not scary at all

This is a pretty good 'Gothic-Horror' film but quite predictable. The film is based in the world war and revolves around some children who get sent to stay in eel-marsh-house. Overall would be fine for a 9 year old. Contains: Mild horror and violence

Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2016

Woman in Black not for the faint hearted!

Before I watched the film, I read the book! I thought the book wasn't that scary/creepy! The scary bits in the book and the film are the jump scares and the deaths! I did watch the film with my dad and we made the film into a joke (which was funny)! The jump scares did make me jump! PARENTS: In the film there are two children that die: Tom and Joyce! One is caught in barbed wire and the other suffocating herself! Don't let your children watch it alone and don't let them watch it after 7:00pm! The actors are ok but the the actor of Edward (one of main characters) is amazing!

Teen, 13 years old Written byShardzen February 6, 2018

Extremely disappointed.

When I saw the first movie and the sequel trailer I was quite impressed. But when I actually watched the film... My god, the first one was way better. This one did not scare nearly as much as the first one did. It was all over the place. The whole movie really disappointed me.
Kid, 9 years old May 2, 2016

Dumb and disappointing horror thriller is very violent and disturbing.

This disturbing and horrifying horror thriller takes place during the bombings of WWII in London, where a school teacher named Eve Parkin's will be taking orphans to a home in the country to protect them from the bombers with another assistant teacher. Before she gets on the train with her kids, she receives another new orphan named Edward, who is quiet and never talks. On the way to the house, some weird, creepy stuff happens, making the town down low. When they get there, creepy things start happening, locked doors, creepy toys, and then, the Woman In Black starts doing her work. Eve, the other teacher, and the kids realize that they're being terrorized by a dead woman, and are going to need to leave this house. Will Eve save them all? Who will die? Violence 4/5: This movie is scary, with a capital S. Many jump shocks for toys popping out of corners. Once sequence shows German bombers dropping bombs on London. In one scene, a boy is seen walking on the beach to a pile of barbed wires, and is later scene dead in the pile of barbed wires, this is very disturbing. A girl tries to kill her self with a peace of string, she is saved, but then kills herself by breathing toxic fumes. A few very disturbing and shocking sequences shows children being murdered. A man sacrifices himself by blowing him self up with a bomb to save other. Many scenes show fire and the aftermath of bombs. A gory pregnancy is shown a few times. Creepy images. An unknown character sticks their gory hand through glass, and a woman there is seen jumping. Some gory and bloody images. Many frighting scenes. Language 0. Sexual content. 0. Drinking and drugs 0. Although this movie can be exciting at times, it's pretty dumb and nothing new to the first one, while being graphic and disturbing. My rating:R for disturbing horror violence throughout, frightening images, and bloody images- some involving children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyAnn0320 August 18, 2015

tons of jump scares

Me and my friend both 13 went to see this movie we both love horror and it scared the crap out of me a part of its psychological but it's mostly suspense and jump scares that's why I think a mature 11+ could handle this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byr_allan25 May 9, 2016

Good and quite scary

There's two different versions of this one is a rating of 12 which isn't scary at all and would probably be 10+ but there's one thats rating 15 which has loads of jump scares and you see the ''woman'' more which is quite scary.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2015

Not as scary as the first one

The film's rating is 15, but there isn't anything 15 about this movie! It isn't very scary.There are some parts that are a little jumpy. the movie is good at making you think something scary is going to happen, but nothing really scary happens after. The atmosphere is chilling but nothing really scary happens. It is no where near as scary as the first one. The only parts that are disturbing are the children's dead bodies; one child died in barbed wire and his body is shown, and a girl suffocated in a gas mask. The same girl also tried killing herself with string.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysubhankasi June 21, 2015

Excellent horror, great plot, must watch for horror lovers

as i Said .....in my thinking ..great horror, great plot, must watch for horror lovers

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2015

The Woman In Black 2

The Woman In Black 2 is the sequel to the Woman In Black unlike the first this is less graphic and the horror is mostly infrequent however sight of jump scares, a character being dragged underwater, bloody is shown in a hospital, a child gets caught in barbed wire nothing graphic is shown, a child attempts suicide however is stopped, a child is locked in a room, several dead children are shown in a ghostly fashion, an elderly man is shown threatening a man and references to a man losing his eyes however no mature content. is shown as it's all shown without any strong details. However fans of the first movie will be disappointed.