Kid reviews for The World's End

The World's End Poster Image

Pretty good

Pretty good nearly no human blood but lots of blue alien blood. Lots of swearing no nudity
The World's End is a 2013 sci-fi comedy directed by Edgar Wright and starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Paddy Considine, Martin Freeman, Eddie Marsan, Rosamund Pike, David Bradley, Bill Nighy, and Pierce Brosnan. Language(5/5): The film is very frequently profane, with a particular emphasis on “f**k”, being used roughly 114 times, however also features quite a bit of variety, with 23 uses of “s**t”, 11 uses of “c**k”, 10 uses of “hell”, 9 uses of “J*s*s”, 5 uses of “c**t”, “Chr**t”, “bastard”, and “piss”, 4 uses of the middle finger gesture, 3 uses of “pr**k” and “bloody”, 2 uses of “tw*t” and “balls”, and 1 use of “m*ck”, “a**hole”, “d**k”, “a**”, “ar*e”, “b*ll*nd”, “damn”, and “nut”. Sex(3/5): A man shows a scar on his buttocks briefly. Multiple scantily-clad women are shown in a club, three of which seduce Gary, Andy, and Peter to distract them, giving them a lap dance, and sucking on Andy's finger before swallowing his ring. Later, the same robot woman comes up to Andy and says "I want you inside me" before he stabs her in the chest and gets his ring back. Gary has sex with Sam in a toilet in a flashback, but we only see them enter the bathroom. Gary follows her into the toilet in the future thinking that she wants to sleep with him again, and when he attempts to seduce her after she says no, she slaps him. Gary claims that he might've gotten a woman pregnant, mentioning "she was two weeks late". Gary is called "King Gay". A couple of sexual hand gestures are shown. Sexual uses of "f**k". Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(5/5): Violence(4/5): A lot of violence, but only after the twist in the first act, which is spoiled in here. During the genre switch-up, we see a shocking reveal of the people in the town being humanoid robots/aliens/blanks, with Gary confronting a strange teen in the bathroom who gets into a brawl with him, which ends with Gary smashing the teen's head off on a urinal, with the head bouncing in the air with plastic insides and blue blood. The group ends up in the bathroom together and fight with five other robots, who they all kill in stylized cartoonish ways, ripping off limbs, smashing their bodies into walls, breaking their false backs, and much more, with the room painted with smashed plastic and blue blood. Later on, a giant brawl breaks out in a bar after Andy realizes Oliver is a robot, throwing a chair and decapitating the top half of his head, leaving his disembodied mouth still there with the back of his head shown in blue. All the robots reveal themselves with blue light shining out of their eyes and mouths as they charge at the men, where the stylized carnage and death starts once again. Several moments with slapstick humor with Gary, including smashing his head into a wall multiple times to prove he can bleed and that he's human, jumping off a building to get to the car on the ground faster but simply falling on top of it and crushing the roof, and jumping over a fence and causing an entire wall to fall down. Later, we see a bloodied scar on his head from smashing his head on the wall. Peter finds his childhood bully reincarnated as a robot and lashes out at it, but is then trapped by the robots and transformed into one. (My rating) Rated R For strong language throughout including some sexual references, sci-fi violence, brief drug use, and excessive drinking and reckless behavior throughout.

the violence is gory in theory, but not in practice.

World’s End is one of those movies that, written on paper, seems horrifying. But a consistently silly tone and the very nonhuman antagonists mean that none of the gore is disturbing. Heads coming off doesn’t have much impact when they (and all the joints) are connected to the body with pegs like barbie dolls. And all the blood is neon blue. The main thing parents need to worry about is the swearing. Lots of fbombs, sh*t, c*nt. But most teens have heard worse in high school, frankly. World’s End does contain a lot of drinking, however, it is portrayed as irresponsible, and as the movie goes on the fun tone gets deconstructed until it is clear that the protagonist’s alcoholism is a serious issue. So feel free to show it to a teen. Have fun. It’s a great film and all the foreshadowing means it fits together like clockwork.

this is my favourite film of all time.

this is the one in the cornetto trilogy that people say are the worst because they only watched it once, see too understand this film you need to watch it again. then you'll understand the sub-plot. i love this film with all my heart and soul. i'll give it an A+, the best there ever was.

definitely one of my favorite movies

This is a spectacular tale about a man embracing himself. Makes me cry every time. The gore is not that bad and tbh if you are a middle schooler you hear worse cursing at school. It does cover some heavy topics so this movie can help teach valuable lessons. Anyways enough said just go watch the movie its very well done.

A perfect theme-heavy balance of comedy, horror, sci-fi, and drama.

One of my favourite films of all time. I feel like this was the epiphany and zenith of all the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy is about, and what it does so well: the themes, character development, laughs, acting, writing, direction, emotional scenes and impact, climaxes, action… I could go on. This film stepped up all of these, and the result was just amazing. The themes I think play a major part here; Gary’s character appears at first a bit of an idiot, and has a lot of personality, then grows and grows throughout the film. Then the realization, and the revelation that Gary tried to commit suicide, just explains a whole lot and was so emotionally impacting. The themes of never getting back what he had in youth, addiction, and so many others. Acting, as always, was phenomenal, from all of the characters/actors. The action and visual comedy was great too; the scene in the Two-Headed Dogs with the twins and weird mush of body parts to form a weird creature that tries to kill them; the fast-cuts that are Edgar Wright’s trademark; the scene of flashbacks, introductions to character, were all on point. Each major player was given personality, and had at least one hilarious line (what the f*ck does WTF mean? *Pete comes out of the cubicle* What the f*ck? Oh). The World’s End is a perfectly done mash up of comedy, emotional and impactful themes, horror and scary moments, and overall just an amazing piece of cinema. I’ll be thinking about it for a long, long time. Its a very explicit film, but WELL worth it. The violence is a tricky subject, just because its EXTREMELY explicit with bodies ripped apart, heads smashed, arms teared off, and blood everywhere.... though its blue. The antagonists' blood and gore is basically blue paint, flaps of fake-looking skin and flesh, and weird tube-like possibly metal things in their stomachs. Its also a very weird film, mainly because of the blue alien-robot-creature gore (never thought I'd say that sentence). The World's End is also a hilarious film, that actually gets funnier as the film progresses. It also has real emotional impact and development for those who like the characters. Again, the film has lots of symbolic meanings and deeper layers that you can get into - there's plenty of youtube videos and analysis for that - and it deserves a repeat viewing to understand and appreciate it all. The World's End, in my opinion, is an incredible piece of cinema.

Alcoholism and Assholery

The main upsetting part of this film is the alcohol. The main character is an alcoholic, so that makes sense, and the alcohol is a major part of the film, not a problem. It's also implied that he tried to kill himself. So yeah, appropriate for mature 14 year olds, I reckon. The main character is also an asshole, but I don't think anyone's going to see him as a role model. His attitude towards women makes me uncomfortable, but again, his attitude towards women is not portrayed in a positive light. There's swearing. Why is everyone so upset about the swearing? They're just words. Calm down, Americans. Overall, this is is a hilarious and kind of depressing film. It speaks to many of my deepest fears (that I'll lose my friends, that I'll become a boring adult, that I'll have to watch my friends become boring adults, ect..) and I love it. Not as much as Hot Fuzz though.

the best film ever, not for everyone, but still watch it!!!!!!!

this is the best film in the cornetto trilogy and a great ending to it as well since it is a very funny and violent film it also has meaning about the meaning of having friends but also serious issues such as addiction, gay love and how some times people need to be people. the comedy is quite crude due to the language and the fight scenes are awesome since they flow easily and are the best fight scenes ever. i would reccomend watching this loads.

Best film ever made

Simon Pegg’s best performance as he kills it as Gary King. It does have lots of alcohol and drinking, (with bad habits) but it’s never in bad taste. It doesn’t glorify over drinking. The film has a good heart because the main character is portrayed as someone just a trying to have a good time. Gary King is stuck in high school. All of his friends have grown up and gotten families and jobs. The film is about Gary King trying to reunite his friend group to try and relive the past. Gary is stuck in a state of denial that things aren’t the same. It’s portrayed in very funny ways, and again the comedy in this film is on point. But it’s also sad at times. Edgar Wright Balances the tone perfectly in this. The color pallet in this film is also amazing, the look and editing of the film is great. Recommended watch for anyone. It uses quite a bit of swearing, (mainly drunk and hilarious) but overall the film isn’t that inappropriate. Its a movie about growing up. Even if it’s sad that you have to leave your past behind you, it’s the only way to progress in life. Trying to relive your past as much as possible might bring some nice nostalgia, but it will mainly be pretty sad. I love this movie. I love the Reincorporation of almost everything that happens/ is said. I love the color palette, I love the editing, I love the comedy, the acting, the direction, music choices, etc. 10/10

Drinking is funny in this movie, that's the point!

This movie is totally fine for kids, and I don't see why drinking can't be funny in this movie. Because it's hilarious! This movie is great, and good luck changing my opinion. Let your kids watch it if they don't mind language and some blue blood. But other than that, go right ahead! There is also some sex.