Kid reviews for The World's End

Fantastically funny, weird film has violence, alcohol, more.

Wondering if The World's End is OK for your kids?

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicmovielove July 20, 2020

the best film ever, not for everyone, but still watch it!!!!!!!

this is the best film in the cornetto trilogy and a great ending to it as well since it is a very funny and violent film it also has meaning about the meaning of having friends but also serious issues such as addiction, gay love and how some times people need to be people. the comedy is quite crude due to the language and the fight scenes are awesome since they flow easily and are the best fight scenes ever. i would reccomend watching this loads.

Teen, 13 years old Written byScroopyNoopers March 31, 2018

Warning: opinions ahead!

In my opinion it is the best in the cornetto trilogy, and i know many people will disagree with me but let me explain why: This is one of the most rewatchable movies of all time, while Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead also deserve more than one viewing, this movie has so many secrets that you'll still discover new ones after watching it 5 times. some of these are:
-A lot of the things happening somewhat happened the same way in the Prologue
-Gary King repeats a lot of songs that they listen to, which makes sense seeing how he wants to relive the old days
-The names of the pubs tell what's going to happen in it
-Gary King didn't want to show his arms for a reason
one reason why i consider this movie the best is how it actually becomes quite depressing towards the end, while the post-apocalyptic world seemed a bit unneccesary, the events during the last 3 pubs are really damn depressing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah August 23, 2013

Hilarious, heartfelt, and the most fun of 2013.

This is by far the funniest and most fun movie of the year; everyone involved is as good as ever. Honestly, this is a movie made by fans, for fans, and the entire theater loved it. I got to see this at a Cornetto Trilogy marathon comprised of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz leading up to the 10:00 PM premiere of the film, and EVERYONE had an incredible time. Everyone. First thing's first: is a comedy, so is it funny? FROM START TO FINISH! And, surprisingly, it's actually very heartfelt. The characters are very likable (even if they're rude and belligerent, they have a good side to them) and there is an argument between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost towards the end that was actually very moving. The character development is terrific and everyone is fully realistic, and their actions are justified as each of them have their own history. This film never sacrifices a character or plot point to make a joke, just like the other films in this trilogy, and that in itself shows the care here. A lot of movies are just mindless fun, but this is actually smart, and it in turn makes it so much more fun. Edgar Wright's timing and ability to create terrific fight scenes are as good as ever, and of course Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and all others are just fantastic. And let me say something: these special effects are stellar throughout and it only cost $20 million? Truly well-spent. I just can't wait to see this again. And note: I am *not* comparing this to Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz (which are my two favorite comedies of all time) because each entry in the Cornetto Trilogy is so different and all of them are truly exceptional. I will, however, compare it to everything else this year and it's the second-best movie of the year behind Stoker. 9.6/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBiasedPerson September 16, 2020

Alcoholism and Assholery

The main upsetting part of this film is the alcohol. The main character is an alcoholic, so that makes sense, and the alcohol is a major part of the film, not a problem. It's also implied that he tried to kill himself. So yeah, appropriate for mature 14 year olds, I reckon.
The main character is also an asshole, but I don't think anyone's going to see him as a role model. His attitude towards women makes me uncomfortable, but again, his attitude towards women is not portrayed in a positive light.
There's swearing. Why is everyone so upset about the swearing? They're just words. Calm down, Americans.
Overall, this is is a hilarious and kind of depressing film. It speaks to many of my deepest fears (that I'll lose my friends, that I'll become a boring adult, that I'll have to watch my friends become boring adults, ect..) and I love it. Not as much as Hot Fuzz though.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2020

Best film ever made

Simon Pegg’s best performance as he kills it as Gary King. It does have lots of alcohol and drinking, (with bad habits) but it’s never in bad taste. It doesn’t glorify over drinking. The film has a good heart because the main character is portrayed as someone just a trying to have a good time. Gary King is stuck in high school. All of his friends have grown up and gotten families and jobs. The film is about Gary King trying to reunite his friend group to try and relive the past. Gary is stuck in a state of denial that things aren’t the same. It’s portrayed in very funny ways, and again the comedy in this film is on point. But it’s also sad at times. Edgar Wright Balances the tone perfectly in this. The color pallet in this film is also amazing, the look and editing of the film is great.

Recommended watch for anyone. It uses quite a bit of swearing, (mainly drunk and hilarious) but overall the film isn’t that inappropriate. Its a movie about growing up. Even if it’s sad that you have to leave your past behind you, it’s the only way to progress in life. Trying to relive your past as much as possible might bring some nice nostalgia, but it will mainly be pretty sad.
I love this movie. I love the Reincorporation of almost everything that happens/ is said. I love the color palette, I love the editing, I love the comedy, the acting, the direction, music choices, etc.

10/10

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeopleparlor May 12, 2020

Drinking is funny in this movie, that's the point!

This movie is totally fine for kids, and I don't see why drinking can't be funny in this movie. Because it's hilarious! This movie is great, and good luck changing my opinion. Let your kids watch it if they don't mind language and some blue blood. But other than that, go right ahead! There is also some sex.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLaurgelon April 30, 2020

Great movie, probably 12+

It's a really great movie that you should really avoid learning too much about before watching. Tons of swearing, so if you're overly bothered by that maybe knock it up a couple years. The basic premise involves a pub crawl, so naturally a lot of drinking and some drug use. As far as violence goes, there's a good amount of it, but it's all fairly stylized and there's very little blood, so I'd not consider it too much. Sex-wise, they talk about sex a bit but there isn't anything in the movie itself. The only other possibly concerning thing is there is some frank depictions of mental health issues. Something I don't see mentioned much in other reviews much is the role models and the positive messages. There is a deeply wholesome undercurrent of friendship and the importance of self-determination, and the loyalty exhibited by several characters (Nick Frost's in particular) is heartwarming and makes for a great example. I would recommend the movie wholeheartedly to anyone twelve or older, assuming they are reasonably mature. If your kids are especially mature though, you could probably go younger.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCEP100 April 13, 2020

Great Film with great plt

Lots of cursing. Lots of violence
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2020

The worlds end review

So, this is the last of the cornetto trilogy. Great film, staring Simon Pegg (Garry). It was so enjoyable until the end when I thought to myself where is the cornetto? WHERE??? Other than that, i think this was a great film and, if it had no swearing, could be rated a 9+.
GREAT MESSAGES:
Not really any great messages except don’t give up.
GREAT ROLE MODELS:
No great role models.
VIOLENCE:
Only comical violence.
SEX:
Only talking about sex and a bit of kissing.
SWEARING:
This film is packed with swearing, this is the main reason this film is a 15.
CONSUMERISM:
No continuous buying except fr with beer.
DRINKING/DEUGS/SMOKING:
Another reason this film is a 15 is because of the drinking, there’s so much drinking.
Other than that, this film is the best.

Teen, 17 years old Written byinsulinpump December 7, 2019

Honestly... it’s my favourite film.

I watched this film when I was in hospital when I was being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, and I loved it. I loved the slapstick violence, the profane humour, and especially the plot. The summary is a group of high school friends chewing the fat with a hard pub crawl that they attempted twenty years prior. But as this happens, they are oblivious that the town they had come back to has been altered in some way. I don’t want to spoil too much but it involves organisms that are not human, similar to Shaun of the Dead, a film from the trilogy that this film is also a part of. I highly recommend this silly, fun film, but I warn you: buckle up for a ride including copious profanity, heavy drinking, innuendo, some smoking, and especially— the violence. Just keep this in mind: if the violence in this film was inflicted on a human, it would give you nightmares. But because it isn’t, it’s a good film!

Teen, 15 years old Written bysiriusthebeatle October 13, 2019

It's great, just some dark themes.

Firstly, it's a damn good film, and is absolutely worth the watch. I think when it comes to the ratings, the main concern is just the themes in this movie, which is a lot darker than the ones for Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. It obviously show the consuming of alcohol, as it is one of the main themes in the movie, but I hardly believe that kids don't know about alcohol? And then there's also a reference to drugs. But you also have to consider the fact that in this day and age, we're kind of desensitized to those kind of things anyway, and it's not like the film condones it or anything. I think if the kid watching this is mature, smart and educated enough, they should be completely fine watching this.

Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2019
BEST OF THE CORNETTO TRILOGY
Really Really funny. A little violent but not to much and doesn't actually have any sex in it but does have a bunch of talk about sex and trust me it is an amazing movie I saw the movie 3 times in one month
Teen, 14 years old Written byturtlecool123 June 9, 2019

Some swearing, violence and legal drug use

This film contains quite a bit of swearing, quite a bit of violence (mostly with blue paint as blood), drinking and mentions of smoking in the past.
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2018

Awesome!

I loved the worlds end! It has a perfect mix of comedy and drama, and the cinematography was great! It defenitely earns its R rating through language, violence and sex. There are 100 f-words and 3 c-words, along with many s-words. There is graphic bloody violence throughout, including one scene where there is a fight in a bathroom, and a blueblood (a kind of creature in the film) is thrown against a urinal and it splits in half. Blue blood sprays and a bone is seen sticking out of his top half. Many heads are ripped off as well. Some sex references in the film. A few mild drug references. Great movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byYS99 July 27, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byDeadly top five November 14, 2017

This film is hilarious but kids don't drink

This film is very funny but to much drinking and a bit of violence with blue robot blood.

Teen, 17 years old Written byUsername101 October 3, 2016

Graphic language and bloody violence, with blue blood.

There is frequent, graphic language throughout the film. countless uses of f**k and a few of c**t. If the blood was red this would probably be on of the most violent and bloody movies ever made, non-stop blue blood spray everywhere a "robot" has his arms ripped off and then his head is repeatedly smashed and it explodes in a close up shot. And old man robot and whacked in half and a MASSIVE amount of blue blood gushes out.

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2016

Very funny

I thought it was very funny
There are loads of f words and s words
But it is very good

Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules March 12, 2016

Review #15 - Sadly, not as good as Shaun of the Dead, a bit slow to start, but still quite funny. All teens and up.

RATING: R | STUDIO: Universal
What to say about Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's body of work... it's at least funny, even through the Americanised "Paul" they still had great homages to things. And what about this, the end of the unofficial "Cornetto Trilogy"? I have to admit that I've still never seen "Hot Fuzz", but The World's End is delightfully weird. Once the film picks up steam, it gets good. The basic idea is about a pub crawl where a group of five men including leader Gary King (Simon Pegg, in a refreshing change from straight-man to more comic), who want to reach the titular pub and drink at every pub. But then weird things happen. Other than robots, I won't say what. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PARENTAL GUIDANCE SECTION: The language is the main concern here. The C bomb is dropped three times ("Some c**t scratched out the R", "F**k off back to Legoland, you c**ts!" and one more near the beginning), the F bomb is dropped 98 times, often aggressively. The violence, since it's done on robots, is PG-13 level, but while it looks brutal via decapitation and beating to the robots, there's only blue blood --- apparently, 300 had red blood flying across the screen, but here it's blue and no humans are really seriously hurt. There are some non-graphic sexual references to do with someone having sex with someone's sister, and a brief reference to cocaine, someone touches their nose, also marijuana is briefly shown. Someone's buttocks are briefly shown as they pull down their pants to show a scar --- it's a man. And that's about the content to expect from the film.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The film itself is a bit uneven. The first sequence is just a bit slow, if not for some additional laughs. But when it picks up, it really picks up, it gets unusual. The action is interestingly thought out and the humour plenty British. Edgar Wright seemingly never fails to disappoint, although you just have to like his style. While not as funny as Shaun of the Dead, it's got Rosamund Pike and Martin Freeman, which is a plus. However, look out for a funny cameo --- not saying who, but you'll know when you see him. Watch, like and thankyou for reading.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLou2002 February 21, 2016
I think it's all right for teenagers because it is very funny. But there is a lot of violence and a lot of swearing.