Parent reviews for Thomas & Friends: Journey Beyond Sodor

Solid messages, but more scares, spookiness than usual.

Parent Written byAnna C. October 2, 2017

Too scary for target audience

My son is a huge fan and nearly 4 but had to leave cinema as he was scared. Such a shame as he loves the other films.
Adult Written byLoulou_oz December 23, 2019

Too scary for under-fives

My sons are normally huge Thomas fans, but we had to turn this off as my eldest - aged five - found the part when Thomas gets trapped in the mill so scary that he was in tears. Usually Thomas stories are very suitable, so we were very disappointed to say the least.
Adult Written byLivelyAria July 25, 2018

Horrible

This movie stopped me from being able to get my son into the theatre for years. Thomas, far from home gets taken to work in the mines and told he can’t come home (cue screaming/crying toddler) and threatened with having his tires burnt. The next character is then tricked and kidnapped too. They torture their captors by melting their wheels. I wanted him to go back in at the end to see everything would be ok but it was so awful and the baddies were not at all contrite. Take your child if you want to teach him stranger danger?!?!

Adult Written byPixarYesDoraNo L. February 27, 2018

Amazing!

Adult Written bymary s. September 9, 2017

as a teenager a weird facination with trains

this movie was extremely emotional i couldn't help but to feel moved at the end with the extremely sad plot line, make sure watching this you have an extra box of tissues.
Thomas character really comes out this movie and even being in high school i really thought this was moving. It makes you think about your world and how we all just trains living in the same station,
i had no friends at the time and resorted to thomas the train solving my emotional needs. Every time at school as a sophmore with my thomas the train lunch box people would laugh at me for having a intrest in the amazing work of art. I would just picture them getting run over by a train and my problems would go away. Having the pride knowing that i like this show that people dont understand.
It teaches friendship a hard topic for kids since they young and dont have the emotional capacity of a older child.
Much recomendation.