Parent reviews for Thor: Love and Thunder

Thor: Love and Thunder Movie Poster

Extremely dissapointing and hokey

Terrible. Hemsworth does a great job at actually pulling this terrible script off. But, wow, how un-avenger-like can you get. The movie begins with a scene that you think is a preview from some movie you never hope to see in your life. Then transfers to another ridiculous scene where Thor is an absolute fool. Supposedly because he can’t find love and that’s the point of the movie. Not kidding. Multiple references to orgies- because that’s love, right?! Ugh. Would also be scary to kids under about 10 because kids are trapped in a dark cage with a super scary guy. Threatening their lives. Thor says some stupid stuff to them to cheer them up and is basically made a fool of throughout the movie, again because he needs love. What is this? Are we trying to bash Marvel fans in their own movie?? We usually love marvel but this just wasn’t marvel. Kids didn’t like it. Seriously disappointing
19 people found this helpful.
Classic Thor movie. Fun loving, and had lots of comic relief from fighting monsters and peril. There were lots of laughs. Real life feelings with cancer and sadness in losing loved ones. Thor loses his clothes, and there's a bare butt/backside scene. Swearing and multiple references to lesbian and gay relationships. The storyline is easy to follow and the movie has great special effects, directing and costumes. I just miss the old Marvel movies where you could forget about real life, politics and lots more...for a while.
12 people found this helpful.
Complete trash. Don’t waste your time with this commercialized, anti-God film. I am a huge Marvel fan and was really excited for this movie but it was really disappointing. The worst Marvel movie so far. The jokes were dumb, there was plenty of inappropriate dialogue, and the plot did nothing for me at all. If you are a marvel fan, you will be fine skipping this one.

10 people found this helpful.

Waisted potential

I had high hopes for this movie, but it really fell short. Jokes about Orgies as a type of reward. Movie only uses side characters, Valkyrie and Korg, to joke about there same gender love life. Again you never get to see how strong Valkyrie actually is. All she does is Sulk around and make cringey jokes. The biggest disappointment for me was the villain. Gorr has only about 20 minutes of screen time. Even though he uses the Necrosword there is no reference to Knull or any of the symbiotes. Despite a few good scenes, this villain is pretty much forgettable. The last fight scenes was very boring. You learn nothing new about these characters other then how “two rock dudes” create a “new rock dude” Plus Marvel still has no idea how to use the character Siff. She’s literally just in there for one joke. Movie focuses on bad comedy, instead of an actual story. Just like the villain, this movie has some fun points, but is overall forgettable.
10 people found this helpful.

Not so secret agenda

This movie was basically a terrible story line promoting Disney's not-so-secret agenda relying soley on its computer graphics for watchability. It wasn't your typical Marvel movie and I think many will be disappointed. It would have been more accurate in description to label it "Spaceballs 2".

Another misleading review.

Yet ANOTHER misleading review. Under the nudity section, the reviewer lists that audiences only see Thors chest and back without mentioning you also see Thor’s exposed buttocks, which is why the movie got a “partial nudity” listing in its rating. This has become a recurring theme on this website, where any male nudity is downplayed to the point that it doesn’t even get a mention, yet the slightest form of female skin exposed would automatically be given a higher, or the highest, age recommendation. I guarantee if this was a woman’s buttocks exposed, the reviewer would list it for sure and give the movie a higher age recommendation (no doubt an 18+ rating, since this age recommendation has only ever been given on this website to films with female nudity, never when it is male, regardless of context and what is shown). Reviewers should list everything in a review, and should not show any type of bias and sexism by downplaying male nudity and up playing female nudity shown in similar contexts, otherwise this website’s credibility as an impartial parental review site is jeopardized, as it still currently is.
5 people found this helpful.
I think there is just too many references to sex in the film for something to say I would recommend younger children to see. Most of it went over my sons head but some of the more direct stuff definitely raised some questions.

3 people found this helpful.

Excellent for teens- this one adds "heart"

This movie is rated PG-13, so it doesn't make any sense that parents are complaining about the sexual references & adult language- this is not a G-rated Disney cartoon, even though your 6-year-old likes superheroes! Don't expect it to be for little kids! My teenagers LOVED this! They are totally into all the other Marvel movies & this is just another good one to them. However, personally, this is such a GREAT Marvel movie because it brings so much more than just fighting! The comedy & love add to the action to make this the perfect modern Marvel movie for families with older kids to see together. I love that this movie brought out a reason for the fighting, incorporated a different perception of gods & showed us that the children are the real worthy ones! Great graphics & soundtrack & definitely awesome in 3D! It is perfect that this movie includes ALL of the diversity that it does (even though the same-sex relationship references are fleeting) because those old Disney fairy tales of a white prince & princess couple are long gone... Basically, Thor: Love & Thunder is my new Top Favorite Marvel Movie. Must See!

3 people found this helpful.