All parent member reviews for Thor: The Dark World

Educator Written byflower2011 November 8, 2013

Thor 2-My Favorite Thor Movie

Overall, this movie was pretty clean compared to most Hollywood movies. In reference to language, there were two uses of the s-word and two of the d-word. Erik, the older scientist, runs around naked BUT you can't see anything because it is blurred. The violence was nothing over the top if you can stand Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Loki was a great character once again!!! He is always surprising you throughout the movie. Remember to stay after the credits; there are two bonus scenes.
Adult Written byWill loves movies February 6, 2014

Here comes the hammer. Again.

Thor the Dark World is good movie. Though there is plenty of action including neck snapping and limb severing. Thor is a good role model who sacrifices himself to save those in danger. The sexual content in this movie includes a couple of passionate kisses between Thor and Jane. Also, Thor is seen shirtless and Erik runs around naked but his butt and front side are pixelated. There is some drinking in this movie from the main characters. There is plenty of consumerism because this is a Marvel movie. When I saw Man of Steel, I gave it four stars. I have changed my mind about that since seeing it again. This movie is better than Man of Steel, and I can't wait for the rest of the Marvel films starting with Captain America. Now stop reading this and go see Thor hit something with a hammer.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bydecibel December 7, 2013

Suitability is Comparable to the Avengers

This movie is comparable to the Avengers and first Thor movie in terms of its suitability for kids. I would not attend with children less than 7 and would recommend it for children 9 and up.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 17, 2013

Keep up the good work MARVEL!

2 stars? Come on, Common Sense. At least give it 3! I actually thought it was entertaining for a sequel! And the story isn't that confusing; just another old-fashioned tale of "good vs evil", in MARVEL's way! And fans of the comic books are sure in for real treats! In other words, it was a good superhero movie! May not be the best one ever, but still good!
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bydeweeba November 15, 2013

The previews were more objectionable than the movie itself (which was great)

Great flick, my boys and I really enjoyed it, almost as much as The Avengers. I wasn't expecting much based on the critics' reviews so maybe that helped. The other reviews on this site did a great job of detailing the language and action violence so I won't go into detail on that. I just want to note two things I wish I'd seen in those other reviews: 1. The violence is very comparable to (and actually not quite as bad as) what you saw in The Avengers, so if you were okay letting your kids see that, you'll almost certainly be fine with Thor: The Dark World. 2. The previews were worse (BY FAR) than the movie itself. We saw three different previews that included more language, violence, sexual situations and inappropriate humor than the movie did. If I hadn't read the reviews on this site and known the movie didn't have those traits, I would have walked out during the previews. So if your kids are like mine and love super heroes, and you let them watch superhero movies but not other PG-13 type fare, wait until the previews are over before you take them in. Sad that I even need to point this out, but like I said, I wish I'd known about before taking my boys.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 26, 2014

Educator Written byfilmmaster93 March 23, 2014
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 11, 2013

13 and up.

this second sequel Thor the dark world is better then the first film packed with lots of action with that being said Thor the dark world is good for your young teen fans but parents this action movie Thor the dark world has plenty of intense violence and some mild language used the role model is that Thor is principled and true, steadfast in his beliefs, and devoted to the cause of fighting evil.
Parent Written bySpidermanFan1993 November 10, 2013

Thor Returns!!!!!

This movie was okay at best. It has some good scenes but overall did not really live up to the hype. Most of the characters were highly underused and needed some more scenes. The movie has some violence but is not gory. There is some minor profanities that are infrequently used throughout the course of the movie. Probably the worst content concern is that you see Eric Selvik two times running around naked; however, it is pixalized so that you do not see him fully naked. Also there is a scene where Selvik is working in a shirt and underwear. There is really no sexual content in this movie except for a couple of kissing scenes as well as seeing Thor shirtless. This is one of the cleanest superhero movies that you can go and see. One thing that parents should possibly be concerned about is when Jane Foster is infected with ether. In the scenes you see the ether enter her mouth, here eyes turn black, as well as seeing the ether being pulled out of her mouth nose and ears. Also young kids may be frightened as some of the images that are portrayed in the movie. Overall, this is an okay movie but the first Thor movie was better.