Parent reviews for Thunder Force

Thunder Force Poster Image

Not for everyone, but we enjoyed!

We almost gave this a miss given the terrible reviews, but decided to give it a go since I loved the idea of a superhero movie with middle-aged women ;-) It's definitely quirky, but the whole family enjoyed it (our kids are 12 and 7). If you like Melissa McCarthy, you will like it; if you don't, you probably won't. There's plenty of swearing and innuendo but nothing our kids hadn't heard before and most of it went over the 7yo's head. There was a little too much beer swilling in the beginning for my taste, but nothing we couldn't talk about. Anyway, it's not a "kids" movie, but one I think is fine for many kids. And I loved seeing actors of all shapes, sizes, ages and colors get their chance to shine! The benefits of that far outweigh the jokes about brewskis and swearing to my mind.

2 people found this helpful.

Great for Family Movie Night

Positive representation with silly moments. Easy win for tweens & families.

1 person found this helpful.

Amazingly Weird

This is the fun, diverse superhero movie we've needed for a long time. Melissa, Octavia, and Jason are especially great in this.

1 person found this helpful.

Boring!

Wow can a movie be any more boring? I was hoping for a funny movies but I think I laughed once. My son and I quit watching half way through. Acting was fine but the writing was terrible. Such a waste of great actors.

Goofy Fun

Great for those with a poor body image. Super heroes don't need to be superslim!

More foul language

Whoever reviews these movies seems to miss GD curse words. Multiple times used before I quit watching the movie. It wasn’t just the use of GD, it was obvious they forced its use and really made it seem oblivious the dialog was not to entertain you, but was filling a quota of offensive language.

Crap actress + Netflix = a major flop

This movie was very disappointing and very stupid, with a few but very little funny scenes. The movie had a lot of disturbing and gross scenes including; a man squeezing someone so hard that you heard their bones crunching and then saw them falling to the floor implying that he died, Lydia constantly eating raw chicken and zooming into her face as she ate, the crab getting his crab hands ripped off and Lydia, after almost dying in water, throwing up a huge and unrealistic amount of water. This movie had some sex; Lydia saying a sports car makes her ovulate and that she wants to have Lamborghini babies, Lydia and the crab kissing and then Lydia ripping open her shirt, the scene changes before we can see anything else, and Lydia in a dream imagines licking the crabs crab hands. I would definitely NOT recommend watching this movie as it was overall crap and I came away regretting that I had watched it. Melissa McCarthy is not a good or funny actress and the majority of Netflix original films are rubbish. So that means; crap actress + Netflix =a major flop of a movie aka Thunder force.

Another Movie Killed

Melissa is not a funny person, she seem to kill any chance a movie has to be good. Remember her version of Ghost Busters!!!!!!!!!