All parent member reviews for Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue

Parent Written bywood12piper October 29, 2012

Good little Tinker bell movie

I rented this based on other reviews from this site and it was spot on. My 4 1/2 yr old daughter, who has not yet been bitten by the Disney princess bug, thankfully, likes tinker bell. She wanted to watch this over and over. It had a sad part which made her cry and a few scary scenes but she was ok with them as they were fairly brief. The dad finally comes around in the end and learns his lesson. The other thing I thought was a little wacky, was that the fairies were responsible for changing the seasons and for making rainbows, not quite the message I expected. Recommend for ages 4 and over, it might be a bit too scary for 3 yr olds.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byBuckyD December 8, 2010

Less peril and more modeling positive relationships.

This installment of the Tinkerbell franchise is far less scary than it's previous two predecessors, with just enough action and peril for the preschool set. Tinkerbell herself is far friendlier and although she strays from what fairies should be doing, the lesson is well-communicated that there are consequences to not following the rules. The positive message that friends come to one another's aid is well-done here, and both female and male fairies play a role in that. I wasn't too keen on the "faith, trust, and pixie dust" chanting, because really what was shown on screen was fortitude and character -- not faith or trust. I guess those don't lend themselves to preschool chanting, though. Also, it seemed that the human adults in the movie were made to be targets of anger rather than support, as well as fostering a negative feeling about science. For many kids, this is going to require some discussion to undo. Not only does Daddy The Scientist kill butterflies, ignore his daughter, and discount her literary/art project, but then he steals her fairy to go have it killed to inflate himself in the scientific community. I thought we wanted little girls to be interested in science, not think it was an evil endeavor...
Parent Written bymom2twogirls1boy November 17, 2010

Finally a Great Disney Movie Perfect for Young Viewers

Wow, Disney finally came out with a movie that doesn't involve name calling and person on person violence! Bravo! I like this one the best out of the 3 Tinkerbell movies out thus far. It's the tamest and the "chase" scene is very benign. My 3 and 5 year old girls love this! I love when I hear them putting their hands together and chanting "faith, trust, & pixie dust!" You're only young once!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMom2Peanut November 8, 2010
My two year old LOVES this one. There is less violence than the last Tinker Bell movie, and I think the positive message is easier to find. My daughter now loves to have glitter or 'pixie' dust sprinkled on her while she thinks happy thoughts and then flies around the living room:) I feel a little off about how much disney pushes the products, but we fix that with staying away from the huge stores, lol.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byhypolla October 17, 2010
gReat.. my child verry happy.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byLizAllen October 11, 2010

Loved it!

My 3-year-old and I watched this together. We both loved how much we learned about fairies thanks to Tink and Lizzy building the fairy guide book. We also loved the deleted scenes on the DVD. Tink's friends rescue scene is tense but not overly so, my daughter was completely fine. I was also thrilled with the message to encourage imagination and belief in magic.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byZoomLA August 28, 2015

Anti science themes discouraging

This was the first of the Tinker Bell series my kids and I watched. A friend had recommended the series as a whole, so we decided to try this when we came across it. It started out innocently enough, with the fairies arriving at their summer camp. But soon the anti-science messages kicked in. The human girl's dad, a scientist, neglects his daughter. When there is any depiction of his interests, they're either shown as horrifying (pinned butterflies) or boring (when he tries to show his old field journals to his daughter.) Horrifying quotes in the film like "You don't have to understand, you just have to believe!" are the type of nonsense that discourage girls from STEM careers. After we watched the film, I sat my daughters down for a talk about how science and creativity can go together. Disappointing, we won't be watching this again.
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bybrinoni June 22, 2013

Sweet but scary for sensitive little ones

Our 3 year old is quite sensitive so found the scenes with the cat chasing the fairys very scary. He also had trouble understanding why the daddy didn't want to play with his daughter and why he was sad when she was asleep. That being said, out almost 2 year old thought it was a hoot and thoroughly enjoyed the fairy hi-jinx. It is a lovely tale with a sweet ending, just be wary with sensitive children.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent December 10, 2012

Amazing! =)

Recently, I watched all three of the Tinker Bell movies that were on Netflix (the first three, but not The Secret of the Wings) with my 5 and 10-year-old daughters. Wow. They were all great for younger kids movies, but this one particularly stood out. As an adult and mom, I expected them to be silly, but even I was drawn in. This one is very capturing, and you really feel scared and worried for the characters as supposed to knowing they will all be okay. I was torn between wishing Tinker Bell had left Lizzy alone and wishing she would stay with Lizzy. There isn't anything bad in this -- it's perfectly 100% harmless -- but it's not cheesily clean either, and rarely am I more into watching a G movie about friendship then anything else. This has the same gang of fairies, but they're all entertaining and meaningful as usual. Vidia, the "mean" fairy particularly stood out in this one, and she's definitely my new favourite. Not only at the "happy ending," but at the beginning, too, she acts more like Tink's friend then enemy, and her help leads to Tink's safe recovery. She even saves Tink and is instead captured (by Lizzy' father) herself! Lizzy is also a very nice character. While I think we're all sick of movies about fathers who just don't have time because of work (is that all family movies are anymore.....), this one instance was a little bit different and was certainly very well done, to say the least. The house they lived in was beautiful and magical, and Tink's fascination with their car (that lead to Vidia's recovery) was a very entrancing touch, that made us all think more about OUR car! ;) Overall, this is a great pick. Right now, it's Watch Instantly on Netflix, so hurry! I would recommend watching the others first, but when you get to this one, you'll probably like this one the best!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjbmomma November 29, 2011

Our Favorite Disney Movie

These fairies rock! They are brave and creative and loyal all rolled into one.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

would not see again

I was a bit disappointed in this film. I was unhappy they included humans and was hesitant about watching it at first. I did like it, but I wouldn't see it again
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011
Parent of a 4 year old Written bynancymcjensen November 25, 2010

Perfect rainy day movie for little girls

This is my 4 year old daughter's "go-to" rainy day movie. She loves Tinkerbell and imitates her "fixing", has built fairy houses, and asks why Vidia is so cranky. So it's actually prompted some interesting discussions in our house. For my part, I can watch this with her without falling asleep, the music is decent (I've caught myself humming the opening song) and the graphics are beautiful. There are a couple of situations that are a little tense, but overall this is a very sweet story.
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bypatricia09 October 7, 2010
Parent Written by4mykidos October 7, 2010

Great movie! even my boys loved it!

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bygroovybobby September 27, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I watched it with my 3 year old son and 6 year old daughter. My son got a little bit restless during the middle when there wasn't enough action, but my daughter was enthralled the whole time - even calling out encouragement to the characters on the screen, something she has never done before. I thought it was great to see the "mean girl" (Vidia) in a different light, and it was great to see the group of fairies accept her into their group. Well done!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bySenecasmommy06 September 23, 2010
I watched this movie with my 4 year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it. I thought the movie was sweet, and overall a good Disney movie for the younger audiences. My daughter did however say that she thought it had a few scary parts (when Tink goes underneath a car, when the cat is chasing them, and when the fairies are in the boat). Although she said it had some scary parts, she laughed and smiled through the majority of the movie. In my opinion it is a pretty safe movie.