All parent member reviews for Tinker Bell

Parent of a 3 year old Written bybouba April 4, 2011

Very rare to find a movie actually without any kind of violence/monsters/really bad guys. Not much nastiness around except for maybe a very mild rivalry between Tinkerbell and on other fairy. Not too long, lovely little music, my 4 year old daughter enjoyed it a lot. And I can assure anyone that I am VERY VERY VERY careful when choosing a DVD as I feel alreadya bit guilty of letting her sit and watch for 90mns.... First was Aristocats, now Tinkerbell has passed my PG!
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011

Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bypatricia09 October 7, 2010

Parent Written bymom2twogirls1boy January 15, 2010

Great Family Movie

My kids (and I) LOVE this movie! Even my two year old can sit through most of it. It is action packed, and the animation is great. It's SO nice to see a female Disney character who is not dumbed down, who can do things independently, can recover from mistakes made, and who is not dependent on a male character to "save" her! There is some name calling and at one point, Tinker Bell says being a tinker is "stupid". This generated a good discussion in our household about that word and how it can be hurtful. I really liked the message of the movie too, that everyone has a purpose and that every individual person has value and worth.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bypiper0137 November 2, 2009

best from Disney since...ever!

I never gave much thought to the female protagonists in Disney animated movies until I had children. Since then, it's hard to believe it took THIS LONG for Disney to develop a strong, admirable female lead for their animation franchise. When our family first watched this film, I thought it was a little cheesy, but, by the second viewing, really loved the film. The writers don't dumb things down for their audience, which I appreciate (my girls know what "elucidate" means because of this movie!) and the overall theme is really wonderful for girls of any age, but especially preschoolers. Tinker Bell is hardworking, creative, strong-willed, and a true inventor. There's a brief lovey moment with a boy fairy, Terrance, but this is a girl-centric Disney movie with NO ROMANCE! It is fantastic! There's no prince to rescue her, no damsel-in-distress scenario here -- Tinker Bell can figure things out for herself, and, happily, does.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAbbyJMom January 9, 2011

You can watch this one over and over w/out going insane

both my daughter and I find this our favorite of the tink movies. tink has a hard time adjusting, but in the end it all works out. I like the messages and that it isn't always easy. Cute movie. Yes, there are commercial products for Tink but that doesn't bother me.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byAndy and Lynne January 7, 2010

Not only does this movie send a positive message to girls about being yourself and being proud of who you are, but the animation is beautiful. It was a joy to watch b/c of the story but also the beauty.
Parent Written byViannaR January 24, 2015

Gorgeous animation, fabulous narration and acting

I'm conservative with what I allow my daughter to watch, and she hasn't seen much of Disney fare, just yet. This seems to have been specifically targeted to the little ones, though, and for the most part, it is appropriate. I didn't care, though, for the sarcasm that Tinkerbell engages in. The nemesis character went too far with a very dangerous manipulation, and that level of evil intent was really disappointing to see in a film obviously meant for little ones. Having said that, the animation was breathtaking, Loreena McKennit (sp?) did an exquisite job of narrating the film, and the acting and music was wonderful. My daughter is a lover of all things building-related, so I did really enjoyed the emphasis on that kind of creativity. As well, the message of accepting yourself was done pretty well (and I noticed that my daughter took this lesson away with her afterward). So, I'd say that with a bit of fast-forwarding through a few scenes (one with the thistles that my daughter found too scary), I actually will consider watching this one again with my four-year-old. A more serious complaint though: The scene with the inappropriate sexual overtones when Tinkerbell cuts her large leaf outfit down to skimpy, skintight dimensions and the male fairy reactions to it were incredibly repulsive to see in a small child's movie. And, even worse, was the scene with the fireflies chasing Tinkerbell's lit-up behind (tush, I think the word was in the film...Really, Disney?). One of the fireflies is given a pantingly lascivious close-up moment before they all descend on her (yes, "tush"). I work in the realm of sexually abused children, and this scene was really offensive. Seems Disney wishes to continue to partake in the sordid "tradition" of inserting a perversion into their films to give some of their fans who sophomorically hunt for these things some grotesque jollies. Yes, they do, do this, and if you don't think so, a quick Google search will give some information. Why are they still at this in this day and age?
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

Fine!

Nothing wrong with this! It's perfectly animated, fun and cheerful and quite touching at points. No problems with language, sex or anything like it! Yes, she does get oogled like it says up there ^ which I did notice and wasn't too happy about. But kids won't understand it
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMuffinsMummy September 6, 2010

Sophisticated enough to be fun, without the scare factor

This is a fantastic movie for young kids. There's nothing too scary in it (the scene with the hawk is a bit scary but very short, and the scene with the sprinting thistles never bothered my daughter, who is generally hyper-sensitive to anything frightening). It has nice little moments of humour (both slapstick and a little more sophisticated types). It has a strong, independent female protagonist with definite character flaws that she has to work hard to overcome. And best of all, it's beautiful and a lot of fun. I expected to be a little bored by this, but I wasn't, and am happy to sit and watch it with my girl.
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bysnookmama June 25, 2010

Perfect for my 3 and 4 yr old!

Finally; a feature-length Disney movie I could show to my 3 and 4 year old girls! No deranged step-sisters, be-headed baby dolls, psycho sharks, cruel hunters, or anything else they should simply not have to deal with at this age. Oh, and no one is completed by falling in love! We like it. I'd love to stick some leggings under Tink's skirt, but other than that this movie is a sigh of relief. Not all that fond of attributing God's mastery in creation to a bunch of fairies, but we can talk that through. My kids are hypersensitive to voilence, etc, and barely batted an eye at the hawk or thistle scenes. Perfectly age appropriate, imho.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymhfloding October 11, 2009

Cute, cute, cute

My kids (girl age 2, boy age 5) really like this movie. Sure, Disney has tons of marketing surrounding this movie, but at least you have an idea for Christmas and Birthday presents. Tink is much sweeter in this movie than in Peter Pan.
Parent of a 7 and 7 year old Written bymotheroftwins2 January 12, 2009

For girls of all ages!

I watched this film with 8 girls between 5 and 8, and their parents. We all loved it! Tink learns to accept herself for who she is, and accept others. She is a little mean to the others in her "talent" at first, because being a Tinker is not "cool", and she'd rather have a different talent. The Tinkers are drawn very "geeky" on purpose, but Tink learns that there is more to life than looks. All in all great fun, no violence, no tears, no language etc. Small boys may enjoy it also, but it is VERY girlie.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byThechaddicks July 3, 2015

Natures helpers!!

My 2 year old son loved they way they explained how the seeds grow & seasons change!! It took the "why" out of things and installed a "who" instead;) definitely plays with expanding their imagination;)
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

my 2 year old daughter loves tink

my daughter just turned 2 today and I showed her this movie and she loved it alot.
Parent Written bythehinsons March 4, 2013

Good film, unlike most disney titles.

In my opinion most disney titles are made for adults. With a few exceptions they could all be full length adult dramas if they weren't animated. Tinkerbell is one that parents can take a breather on. There is only one scene that frightened my 2yo, with the sprinting thistles, but apart from that, my girls love this movie. And we do too. We're very conservative about what we let our kids watch, and this movie makes the cut.
Parent Written bySweetdays November 11, 2012

Beautiful to watch, some potential confusing elements for children

It IS a beautiful movie to watch. Like all Tinkerbell movies, it has subtle homosexual allusions with the boy fairies that might require some explaining to children. And the thing with the love interest is getting to be a little much...it is so unnecessary.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byHalHorvath July 24, 2012

Top Movie after age 4 and 1/2

Those who love movies and want their kids to watch them could show this one at age 3.5 or 4, though it will make more sense starting at age 4.5 and up. And those who want especially to wait for movies can wait till age 5 even for this one -- but as far as feature films go, this is about as nice as they ever get. In terms of quality, just an A+ in most every way.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg December 16, 2011

TINK FAN

I am 11 years old but I still love to watch tinkerbell movies! The world of faires is so realistic that I really think everyone should have a chance to watch it!! You should DEFINITELY watch it! Its one of those movies that will never grow old.
Parent Written bykrog family September 3, 2010

We love it. It does have some scenes that could be considered "sexy". There is the scene with the egale that is scary/violent that upset our sensitive 4 yr old-- over all we all enjoyed it and she asks to see it often. Often enough we should probably own it.