Kid reviews for To Kill a Mockingbird

Masterpiece with crucial lessons about prejudice.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybri123 November 19, 2008

Good movie.

When i started watching this movie the beginning was very slow and dragged on. It was a dull introduction of all the characters. However, it picked up as it went along. I recommend this to ages 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 7, 2012

To Kill a Mockingbird Review

Incredible masterpiece. Aside from mentions of rape and some racist talk, this is appropriate for children of all ages. However, some children may not be interested. Atticus Finch (played by Gregory Peck) is a great role model. This is an absolute classic and a must see movie. As one of my favorite movies, I highly recommend this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLunaLovegood13 April 7, 2012

"To Kill a Mockingbird"

This movie is one of the best I have ever seen. Scout, Jem, and Dill are mature and intriguing young characters that are relatable to adults and kids alike, and they grow in understanding and wisdom from their experiences with the trial of Tom Robinson. Atticus Finch is the greatest literary and cinematic hero of all time. Atticus takes cases pro bono and stands up for what he believes in. Atticus represents justice that overcomes the hatred represented by Bob Ewell. The children represent hope, and Tom Robinson represents innocence. Finally, Boo Radley represents courage.

Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2014

One of the best courtroom dramas

Violence- 3 (Mature themes and violence) Language- 3 (Moderate Coarse Language)

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Just as good as the book!

Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2014

A perfect movie

Any movie lover should see this.

one of the best movies ever!!!!!

a few weeks ago i watched in class and whats with the 12 and up rating? our class is made up of 10 and 11 year olds but any way I highly recommend it watch watch it watch it watch it watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way its black and white.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover July 21, 2012

AMAZING!!!

Amazing work of art. Although I haven't read the book, which I shall very soon, this movie is great. Some things to look out for though are language and violence. But there are positive messages and role models. And there is a happy ending, as I recall, but if I screw things up for those of you who haven't seen or read it, I'll say there's a bad ending too. Best for tweens and teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written by03.154 December 28, 2014

A classic!

Since it is very old and deals with some mature subject matter not all kids will love this one. But hopefully enough of them will appreciate the characters to still enjoy it. Don't really see any reason why younger children can't watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancemagic24 June 27, 2012

The Greatest Book Of All Time

This book handles many different issues in a mature and inlightening way. Reading this made me a better and more understanding person and I thank To Kill a Mockingbird for many a enjoyable read.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillthisearthbe December 19, 2017

A Cult Classic That Everyone Should See At Least Once

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoomoo123 June 19, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written bycooperpitts May 23, 2017

Great! (Spoilers.)

I think that this movie is one of the best adaptations of a book of all time. Gregory Peck is a great role model for everyone including adults. I also think that the issues dealt with in this movie are still relevant in some areas today. The movie does seem to drag on at some points but is still engaging the entire time. The main story is about an African-American that is accused of raping a white woman which can be something that may not be appropriate for younger viewers and may be a good talking point about the movie amount others. The movie also deals with prejustice of black people and shows how unfair the world was for black people back then. The end of the movie is upsetting because Tom Robinson is killed because he gives up hope and commits suicide. This is not shown on screen but it is described. The characters also use racial slurs as well sometimes. The movie is fine for mature ten year olds and definitely a must watch for teens not only because it isan amazing movie but also because of the topics it deals with.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDrizzleofthunder May 20, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byAuroraDiAngelo December 22, 2016

Brilliant Masterpiece

To kill a mockingbird is a really great movie with great messages! Not really scary for younger kids (except from one scene close to the end), but they might find it boring.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymuna.b October 16, 2016

Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2015
It’s a cultural phenomenon that pretty much all novels are better than their movie adaptation. One of the big exeptions to that is Harper Lee’s classic, To Kill a Mockingbird. The book is still considered one of the most famous novels dealing with the civil rights era, along with Uncle Tom and Gone With the Wind. In 1962, it was made into a movie, that, if possible, is even better. The book complety captures the spirit of a young child, and the movie does just as good a job. Also, there’s not much concern for parents here. A main plot concerns a man that was convicted of raping a younger woman, but that’s all that is discussed, there’s nothing more. One use of n____r, used by a bigot (in the context, ‘you think I don’t know that you’re a n____r lover?), and two or three uses of son of a b___h, but other than that, and some scary scenes, there’s nothing to be worried about in this movie. Gregory Peck fully deserved the Oscar he won for his amazingly accurate portrayel of Atticus Finch, and I can’t think of a single reason not to see this movie with any child 11 and up.

Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2015

Awesome Movie!

I saw this movie when I was 11 and I loved it so much! The actors are great. Gregory Peck who played Atticus was exceptionally good, Mary Badham who played Scout was adorable, and Phillip Alford who played Jem was great too. The use of words such as n****r and damn are used and rape is mentioned as well. Racism is an issue in the movie as well. The movie is inspirational and teaches valuable lessons though. The movie will probably trigger many family discussions and teach children valuable information. I highly recommend this movie to anyone interested.

Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2011
LOVE IT! "To Kill a Mocking Bird" is the best black and white movie I have seen. I think it was a good choice to make it in black and white because it really helped set the feel for when the movie takes place. I thought that every second of the movie was interesting and that the least exciting moment was as exciting as some movies climax. The part of this movie I enjoyed the most was the trial of tom Robinson. I had never seen a trial before and I loved it. I think Atticus was a really good lawyer and did an amazing job trying to prove Tom Robinson innocent, he was a very strong inspiring character. All of the characters had very distinct personalities, which really helps to make a film more enjoyable, because you almost feel like you know them. You could tell by looking at scout that she was daring and adventurous, by watching the film for a few minutes you would know that she was very confident and out spoken. Jem was stubborn but just as daring and adventurous as scout. You could easily tell that both children loved and cared a bout there father Atticus a lot and he cared about them just as much.