Kid reviews for Tower

Tower Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

One of my favorite documentaries ever.

I dont know what the person who wrote this article was thinking when they gave this a 3/5 on both role models and messages. The movie is about a shooting yes, but its more about how the shooting brought out the best in the people that were around during it. this is a fantastic story and the film tells it very respectfully and very well. The movie isn't really about the shooter, which is what i think makes it more kid friendly, in fact they don't even state the name of the killer or even show a picture of him. I will admit I absolutely broke down crying during this (which might be part of why I love it so much) and I mean really cry, because of how emotionally impactful this was. very heavily recommend and I think 13 year olds could handle it.

Tells a scary story - but not much gore

This is one of the most unique documentaries that I've ever seen. It perfectly merges real footage with beautiful animation creating one of the most immersive movie experiences ever. But since it's about a school shooting, obviously it is a bit disturbing. But there isn't really much blood at all, or any on-screen deaths. The story mainly follows the survivors - the actual shooter is barely shown on-screen. Despite all of this, the characters are constantly in peril which can be stressful to watch. So overall I believe that ages 12+ can watch.