Kid reviews for Toy Story 3

Smart, funny "threequel" is scarier than the first two.

Kid, 11 years old June 24, 2010
I saw Toy Story 3 with my parents yesterday. After the movie, we all came to one conclusion: It was the worst of the trilogy, and too scary. It was almost a very bad movie. The beginning was okay, and there was nothing bad there. In fact, the beginning and the very VERY end were the only good parts of the movie. The middle had a LOT of fighting and violence. At one point they are carried off in a dump truck, and Buzz Lightyear glows (because he can glow in the dark) with an eerie green light. My mother says, "It looked like a horror movie. It also reminded me of a horror movie." In the eerie light they desperately climb over the pieces of dirty glass, plastic, and paper, which is a scene that could look creepy. What shocked me the most (and scared me!) was the scene where all of the toys are holding hands with their eyes closed, waiting for a very painful death. They are sliding down into a big, fiery pit, which is an incinerator. It was very sad, and it really shocked me. I am especially afraid of fire, so this is NOT a movie I want to see again. Just because of that scene. You can also see some of the plastic toys' 'skin' starting to blacken. "Lotso" the bear who is the antagonist in this movie, is stuck to what he thinks is right. And this is what he thinks is right: "If your kid replaces you, or donates you, or sells you, or anything along those lines, they do not love you at all and never will." He is very brutal, and causes the fire scene. He will attack any toy that wants to go home, back to their kid. If they toy loves the kid, the toy should try and give the kid a 'second chance.' Lotso never realizes this along the course of the movie, and never softens. He stays just as cold and doesn't change, and that is not a good message. Lotso forces Woody and the other new toys to stay in the Caterpillar Room, where they abused and thrown around by young toddlers. At the end of the movie, a guy who is taking care of the trash and taking trash from trashcans back to the dump truck, finds Lotso. "I had me one of these when I was a kid!" He exclaims, and tapes Lotso to the front of the garbage truck. There are other toys there who have been 'abused' and 'worn out' from being tapes to the front of a truck for many days. They could have inserted a message there that said "Even if I'm not a kid anymore, I can't treat this thing like trash." Though the movie ends well, and Andy expresses his good feelings toward his toys, it is sad that Disney Pixar would make such a scary movie. In my opinion, some of Pixar's PG movies were milder than this, but that is just my family's opinion. This should have been given a PG rating at the least.

Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2010

Great Fun and Should Not Be Missed

Okay this one is a bit scary because there is an evil monkey toy, a disturbing baby toy and Lotso's backstory is a little dark. In one scene Barbie tells Ken to try on some clothes. It's dumb. Later Ken is seen in his underpants, which have red love hearts all over them. Also you may or may not know that Lotso is based on a real toy of the same name.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 20, 2010
pretty violent for a g rated movie!!!!!!!!1

Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 June 19, 2010

Dark, depressing, and some parts just horrifying.

You will walk into the line for this movie (you're seeing it in imax 3D!) with your two kids. they are so excited to see another adventure with their favorite pixar characters (and admit it. youre excited too!) you are expecting another amazing, fun, happy, and heartwarming story about andy's toys. unfortunately, that isn't what you are going to get. I was super excited to see this movie, but i was extremely disappointed. this movie put the toys in terrifying situations (spoilers ahead kinda) such as being thrown to their almost death in a trash incinerator (which traumatized my 11 yo sister; she had her hands over her mouth and she was sobbing quietly and she looked terrified), almost being crushed and ground up, and a flashback sequence for another character is played as a little bit gothic seeming and scary. there is also a creepy monkey that screeches and a baby doll with a lazy eye that is evil (many evil toys in the film) which will definitely give young children nightmares (it scared me a lot). There wasn't a single scene (except the intro scene) that was legitimately happy. not bittersweet, just plain happy. the whole movie was dark and sad and made me think "what was pixar thinking?!". i honestly didn't think that pixar would go farther than stinky pete or sid for toy story villains, but boy, was i proved wrong. lotso huggin bear had almost the exact same ending as stinky pete did too. anyone seen the deleted scenes of disney pixar's "up"? there is one really dark scene where the villain is left to wander forever in a rocky labyrinth looking for the bird, and it is really creepy. this whole movie had that scary feeling to it. the first two movies set a specific audience, and if that audience of younger children saw this, im sure they'd be scared. i wish more than anything that pixar had given toy story a better ending, and never released this, because now when i watch the other two i will know how horrible the other one is. if i saw this when i was five, i would be traumatized and probably be hiding my face in my mom's arms and crying. all in all, this was too scary for pixar and for the kids who love woody and buzz. for the storyline, it couldve been better. most of the ken and barbie stuff was funny, but that was one of the few things i enjoyed. this movie was upsetting to me. pixar should make another third one if you ask me, one that's better, and put it out as sort of an alternate ending, but i know they wont do that. terrible, just terrible compared to the first two (some of my favorite movies).

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharlieboy July 30, 2017

Great Movie

It was my favorite movie as a kid

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharlieboy July 30, 2017

Great Movie

It was my favorite movie as a kid

Teen, 14 years old Written bycandylover June 26, 2010

little kids

I love that movie so cute!!!!!!!!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byMiranda B. August 15, 2010

Slightly scarier than the first two, but still the perfect movie for kids.

I am not ashamed to say that I cried while watching this, but I loved Ken's closet even more than Barbie! Positive messages like "never leave a friend behind" were displayed throughout the entire movie. Andy (All grown up!! Oh my gosh I can't believe it!!) stops on his way to college to play with a cute little girl, showing that you're never to old to play with toys. I think everyone with kids who love to play with toys should see this movie. And the first one. And the second one.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCharizard632 June 27, 2010

A Perfect Movie!

We watched this movie, and thought it was perfect! It has just about a mix of every element. The combination of suspense, adoration, amusement, love, and humor makes it recommended for everyone! The only problem is that there weren't enough 3D effects. Anyways, watch this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDemilovatofan249 June 25, 2010
Best Disney Movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byShannon96 June 24, 2010
i loved the movie

Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2010

Good movie, kind of scary

This was an excellent kids movie! It was very detailed, creative, funny and cute! However, some parts may be depressing or scary for younger viewers. Toys fight and place eachother in danger, and there is a scene where the toys nearly die. Despite all this, there is a message about helping friends and not leaving them behind.

Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2016

It has good message but it is a bit dark.

I think it is a really good movie with a great message but it is creepy! I was fine with it when I watched it, but the baby doll and the screeching monkey did creep me out a bit. Sunny side daycare at night kinda reminds me of Five nights at Freddy's, except in a jail - for toys. as you get further into the movie you get a good idea of who is good and bad. Some of the bad guys have a new start. others don't. The reason the bad guys are bad is a bit dark. However, I think this is a great movie with a great message and I totally recommend it!

Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 7, 2014

Toy Story 3 is Awesome

Toy Story 3 and Shrek Forever After are the best movies of 2010 in fact I think 2010 is the best year for everything, WWE champions are crowned like Kane as World Heavyweight Champion, The Miz as WWE champion and The Hart Dynasty as Tag Team Champions now Toy Story 3 has lots of great stuff like Buzz Lightyear's Spanish mode, Woody Meeting Bonnie toys and many more, Lotso was a stupid jerk and bully to Woody, Buzz and the rest of Andy's former toys because he wanted Sunnyside to be dark I know bullies are idiots, jerks and cowards but I think they should be punished like Lotso did, Toy Story 3 is fantastic and I wish Disney and Pixar would make more Toy Story movies

Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2014

I'm sorry

The movie had good vibes but I thought it too much like the previous two. Sorry but I absolutely hate this movie. I feel like it's directed to parents and not to kids. I don't find the characters likeable. Some of the toys are creepy, like the messed up baby doll. Ugh. The whole time I feel like just burying my face in my hands and groaning. They make some really stupid mistakes. Sorry, but I just can't stand it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool

Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 21, 2012

Sucks worse than toy story 1 and 2 and twilight, yah I said it, TWILIGHT!

this is an unpeaceful peace of crap and every time I watch it I feel like a teddy bear came to life and threw me in juvenile. ugh! why do I even have to give this a star!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykummy14 June 24, 2010

Good for everyone

this was probably the best childhood movie i have ever seen. i am 13 years old and it made me feel like a kid again. it was so many times better then the first two movies, but it was only mildly peril, and many kids, teens, and adults will enjoy this movie especially in 3D. it is worth seeing in theaters for its good lessons. i wish that they made more movies like this.

Educational Value