All parent member reviews for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Adult Written byannbbach June 26, 2009
DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE! The first Transformer movie is my daughter's all tiem favorite movie. This second one is totally different and AWFUL! So unlike the first one. Every cuss word in the book - I was Horrified and offended! Sexual situations and inuendoes throughout, including the opening scene, which looked like a Playboy spread of Megan Fox on a motorcycle. We should have walked out then. My two daughters and I all admitted we thought about walking out of it-wish we had. It is NOTHING LIKE THE FIRST ONE! If you have morals, don't go see it! For age 17 and up, only! I'm not old enough, and I'm in my 40's!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 13, 2010

Wow. (And Not in a Good Way.)

Look up top. Every single category of innapropriate content is highlighted. There are no positives. Not only is this movie endlessly crude, vulgar, and oftentimes racist, it is not entertaining in any way, shape or form. I enjoyed the first TRANSFORMERS film immensely. I liked the creativity, bold action, and dead-on comedy. This sequel, however, misses the mark completely. It lacks everything that made the first movie good. When evenyour lead actor says that he hates the movie, then you know something is wrong. In addition to being poorly made, this movie is way unsuitable for its target audience. I don't think I need to talk about the constant machine/gun/explosion violence, because you already expect that. The main problem in this movie is the endless stream of vulgarity. Every Transformer in this movie talks, and they cuss up a storm. I couldn't even count the times I heard "b***h up your punk a*s", or something similar. The "f" word is used twice (once partially spoken), and every other profanity in the book is used frequently, including "p**sy" and slang terms for male genitals. There is a near-constant flow of sexual humor that ranges from nude posters on walls (topless women) to more graphic stuff. Sam's mother, while high off of marijuana, tells strangers that she overheard him climaxing (it's not made clear whether she means intercourse or masturbation). We see two dogs having sex, and a male transformer furiously thrusts against Mikaela's leg with moans of pleasure. A Decepticon in human disguise comes on to Sam and slams him onto a bed while making comments like "we're good in bed". A man talks about having the same woman/robot in a wet dream. College kids talk about sucking "the sack", and a Transformer has giant, swinging metal testicles (refered to assuch). A man pulls down his pants and boxers in a museum as a distraction(we don't see anything), and we see a man's bare buttocks in a jock strap. There are also crude references to bodily functions like excretion andejaculation. There are lots of car product placements, and lots of people get drunk/high at college (including a parental figure). Two Transformersare an extremely offensive mimicry of African-American culture, and whatever positive messages are in the movie are more than obscured by the vulgarity.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byshelleyp June 27, 2009

I wish my tween hadn't seen it until he was older

Positives: Sam risks his own life to resurrect his robot friend. He is also pressured to cheat on his girlfriend, but he tries to fight off the advances. Negatives: way too much filthy language, sexual innuendos, too much skin (from both sexes), and drug use.
Adult Written bymkirkhamm June 27, 2009
Please do not waste your money on this garbage. This is another example of using one movie to reel in viewers (kids), and then using the sequel to expose young and older viewers to offensive material. Women are objectified throughout, the mother doesn't know what marijuana looks like (right!), homosexual references, images of oral sex, need I go on. Don't support movies that target kids but contain adult content. Go see UP- fabulous movie for all ages.
Adult Written byfonzieg March 29, 2015

More explosive, but less fun than the original, disappointing!

Remember the awesome Transformers movie from 2007? I bet you do, now let's put in more product placement, terrible jokes, cheesy dialogue, and sometimes overly loud and nauseating action sequences and put them all in a 2 and a half hour movie! The forest fight, and the final battle are the best parts of the movie, those scenes are fun, intense, and exciting, but i wish i could say the same about the rest of the movie!
Adult Written byAllie Pierson June 10, 2012

NOT as good as the first, but it's very funny.

This to me isn't for a child under 13 and it's garbage compared to the first one. The video game's pretty fun, though.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

tf= 2

transformers sequal is better than #1 movie
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjakehomerun109 July 22, 2011

great movie

it is very good.i don't no why common sense gave it 1 star it was one of the best movies i saw.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMom 2 Seth May 17, 2010
Hate it. Was totally uncomfortable watching it with my 10 year old son. Husband thought it would be ok, it wasn't! When there wasn't cursing and violence, there was inappropriate sexual behavior. Profanity does not enhance the movie in any way. I'll never understand it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 25, 2015
Adult Written byDBarto June 24, 2009

Pass it up

Not the worst movie of the summer, but don't waist your time. It just disappointing to me that they rely so much on special effects and not story. I expected a lot more out of a Transformers movie (which isn't much). Now, this movie is jammed packed with violence, language, inappropriate sexual roll models (Megan Fox who seems to take every chance she gets to show herself off), and a lot of commercialism. This movie has a ton of STRONG language, from the A word to the F word. Megan Fox is in this movie for one reason, to be a sex symbol, which some of the shots in this movie for this reason makes it anything but a kids film. Moreover, this film is one of the most commercialized films I have ever seen. Overall, this film should be passed up at all costs, 1.5 out of 5
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 24, 2015

Stupid, noisy, pointless sequel isn't worth your time

Adult Written bychristian2011 December 19, 2012

Great and exciting sequel to the first one. Yet more violent and brutal.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is another exciting, more open sequel to the 2007 movie Transformers. This time, Optimus and the Autobots team up to stop a powerful ancient Decepticon known as The Fallen, who is known to be the first Decepticon and the malevolent brother of Primus. The visuals, special effects and action is extraordinary, with Megatron coming back sporting a different, yet really cool tank mode. There are some very shocking suprises throughout the movie, including the exciting forest fight where Optimus takes on 3 Decepticons (Megatron, Grindor, and Starscream) all simutaneously. However, the violence in this sequel is way more intense and brutal than the 1st one, where one robot gets his head ripped in half, one gets stabbed through the chest, one gets cut in half, and another gets their face torn off including their heart ripped out : all with bloody results. There are intense sequences of violent action throughout, with graphic and more disturbing robot deaths. There's stronger language in this sequel, including sh*t, one use of f**k, b*tch, d**k, p*ssy and some other crude sex dialogue. There is some scenes of drinking, nothing to be concerned about. However, for Transformers fans, this is a must-see because it's more open-world and full of shocking suprises!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

Shut up.

This is a perfect film! Why did it get bashed by CSM and it's users?! Lots of action,great adventure,ect.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bydbowker3d September 28, 2012

Love most of it, but editing could have made it better and more kid-friendly

I'm going to be an almost lone dissenter and say that when I (as adult) went and saw this in the theater I pretty much loved it, though admittedly it could have been edited down to a tighter story. I need to point out that I am NOT just an "all action" kind of guy either, and am just as likely to watch an intimate character driven film/show (with subtitles even!) as a big budget effects movie. Maybe for that reason I tend to watch a movie like Revenge of Fallen with an eye for cinematography as much as anything else. As an aside though, I will mention I hated the 3rd transformers movie of the series: "Transformers - Dark of Moon" but this review is for movie 2. No, it's not perfect: Is there needless and distracting potty humor with the "twins" transformers? Yes. Was the language kicked up a notch from the first? Yes also. I need to point out that the one use of the F-bomb was so buried under the music and sound that I actually didn't even notice it until recently, (probably the 6th time I've watched it over the years) Did an inordinate amount of buildings, robots and people (more implied than actually seen) get blown up. Yes again. Did the overly skinny model decepticon talk sexy and push Sam down onto his bed? Yes, but sex itself was never an option for that scene as Sam was fighting back, and she was looking only to interrogate him about some information he had. So it's the sort of scene that would mean almost nothing to a kid because it was all by implication. Probably the older the viewer is, the more it would imply. But too many reviewers focus entirely too much on the negative details and not seeing that there was a lot that's great in the movie too. And to say there were no positive role models and no character development in the film is ludicrous! For one, all of the signature Autobots are nothing if not "stalwart and loyal" throughout. They will fight to defend the humans with no regard to their own risks and don't ever take the easy way out. Sam (main character, college age) initially balks at being part of the interstellar battle of the robots, but eventually concedes that his own selfish desire to be a "normal" college kid will have to be put on hold, including being willing to die for the cause. His girlfriend, Mikaela, also sticks by him throughout, even when it seemed very likely neither would live through it. They are both in a committed monogamous relationship as well. So again, a LOT of things get blown up, there is plenty of peril, violence and all the rest. But the question here is will it actually scare a kid, or "scar" them, or make them want to become a violent loner? I think not- in fact definitely not. I would ask you, how many storm troopers get shot in the Star Wars series? How many hands and arms get cut off? I think as a parent my biggest complaint is the language, but actually I am starting to wonder how important that even is. Since our son who's 7 (when this is being written) never hear's that kind of language around the house, it doesn't mean anything to him when he hears it. If someone is upset or angry he gets that by inference, and if it contains words he doesn't know it just gets rolled into the mix. Recently he asked about the use of "a son of b****" in Avengers, which in content was not anger but surprise. Could have been "I'll be darned!" in a G rated movie. But we talked about it and that it was not a nice word, and not appropriate to ever repeat and moved on. In the end, maybe I see a lot of what many parents are afraid to show their kids too early as a good way to talk thorough it. Because otherwise it's going to come to him from somewhere else. Even when violence is more explicit, again as long as it doesn't scare him and make him feel unsafe, we talk about it the sacrifices people sometimes have to make for the greater good. You can turn even what is essentially an expensive cartoon into something positive if you look into a little deeper. That's where I come from anyway and maybe this review might be more helpful than some of the others.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byANTI-PARANOIA August 26, 2012

calm down people. my 11 year old took this better than most

i loved the first one, but this one is not as good but it isn't bad. THIS GETS TREATED WAY TOO HARSHLY. For one the twins ARE NOT RACIST. THEY DOWNLOADED THEIR GANGSTA WANNABE PERSONALITY FROM THE INTERNET TO INTERACT WITH THE PEOPLE. THE WRECKING BALLS ON THE COMBINER IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE! MY CHILD GOT THAT! HE WASNT DISTURBED! THEY ARE CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES! GET IT? construction vehicles have wrecking balls! jetfire was funny, the little wheelie-bot was funny. and the action scenes were great. now my kid saw this as an 11 year old, and he had no problems with it. he even said that megan fox was in the way of the fight scenes. he knows women aren't like that in real life. he liked the twins and all the robots. though a few of them didn't get fair enough screen time. NOT THAT BAD, BUT MAKE SURE YOUR KID HAS COMMON SENSE.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski August 2, 2012

Skip this one, go see the Avengers instead

This movie is not worth the time and effort to watch it. The kids it ultimately targets are just too young for the constant violence, sexual innuendo and bad language. Plus, who wants to expose their kids to crappy movies? Do yourself and your children a favor and skip this one, go see the avengers instead. Although also violent, at least there is point to it all.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 23, 2012

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

This sequel was as good as the first one and as good as the third one! But I do have to admit that the story is a little different and there are more giant robots and action, not to mention a little more sexuality and surprisingly racial humor, but hey! Give director Michael Bay some credit! He and the producers worked really hard to impress us; it took them like 2 years to make this movie! At least this movie was a major box-office success! And by the way, Common Sense, it is not that impossible to tell the robots apart, as long as you pay attention to what is going on! I guess this makes me one of the few people who actually like this movie!
Adult Written bymoviecrtic18 February 4, 2012

An awesome action-packed robot movie,Big explosions,Violence and Crude humor,even better than the 1st.

Adult Written byidawg42xlpwn June 29, 2011

A pretty good movie. Just make sure your kid understands right from wrong before they see it.

Although this is definitely not movie for younger kids it's still a pretty well made movie. I'm a huge Transformers fan, and I loved the first movie. I'll have admit that there was a lot of inappropriate junk in this movie, I would encourage people to look past that so that you can some of the really great things that are there. I think that many people can identify with Sam's struggles. Basically, he refuses Optimus's call for help at the beginning of the movie because he just wants to have a normal life with normal problems. As a result of this Optimus is ends up having to sacrifice his own life to save Sam, and of course fills our main character with deep regrets. Their situation becomes even worse when they find out that Optimus was the last of the Primes, and that only a prime can defeat The Fallen ( the main antagonist of the movie). During the second half of the movie Sam finds that there is a way to bring Optimus back from the dead, and so he sets out on a journey to find the matrix of leadership (an ancient cybertronian artifact) that will Resurrect he friend. He then finds the matrix, but it appears to be useless as it turns to dusk as soon as he touches it. While other characters at this point believe that there is not hope of defeating The Fallen, Sam still has faith that even the matrix dusk will be able to do the job. In the ensuing battle it is revealed that the matrix's power must be earned, which Sam does by proving that he is willing to make the same sacrifice that Optimus made for him. However, even after Sam revives him, Optimus is still not strong enough to defeat The Fallen. As a result a very old transformer named Jetfire decides to give up his life so that Optimus can use the elderly autobot's body parts to power up his own. This is what gives Optimus the ability to finally defeat The Fallen in battle. Some of Jetfires last words were "I never really did a thing worth doing until now". This sums up the message of the entire movie. It basically says giving ones own life (literally or metaphorically) is the only thing truly worth doing. There are a few other good messages that you can find in this movie if your are willing to look past some crude humor. If your an action movie fan then this is a great movie to see. This movie is action packed, but not overly violent. Although I really disprove of a lot of the crude humor and behavior, I believe any thirteen or maybe even twelve year old that is able to differentiate right from wrong could probably see this movie. With adult supervision of coarse.