Parent reviews for Trolls

Trolls Poster Image

Soundtrack is the best! Children love to sing and dance with the music. Bertens can be a little scary for younger children.

Fun musical!

This was a really cute movie. I have two girls aged 4 and 6, and we just watched this one for the little one's 4th birthday. They really enjoyed it. The troll characters were so upbeat and positive (besides Branch), espeically Poppy. She was a great role model for kinds to learn kindness and never giving up on people. And the music was amazing! Such good original songs and covers. It also has great messages of acceptance and learning to be happy with what you have. Our whole family enjoyed it. We didnt find the fact that the Bergens wanted to eat the trolls scary at all. In some ways kids minds work differenly and when they hear that someone is gonna get eaten they dont think of it in the violent and messy way it would be, but just simply being swallowed whole. And its kind of silly to them if they have ever pretended being eaten before. Like their dad would pretend to om nom on them and they would laugh. I think some adults have over complicated this movie.

Life's all Cupcakes and Rainbows!

This is a cute movie about the Trolls and the Burgens. Its full of really catchy music and great characters. Who isn't all about love and friendship and lots and lots of glitter. Celebrate with the Trolls in this all new family friendly movie. It does have some violence and a bit of rude comments (like name calling and negativity) it also has a bit of love interest (like a crush picture wall and love reference). My two youngest siblings ask to watch this movie every day, they probably would if I'd let them. I even find myself watching the movie or listening to the music, It's a good movie. I've definitely watched this movie again and again. I hope you enjoy the movie as well, and I'll see you at the next movie. Till then I'm the ProundRaven'sClaw and thank you for reading my review.

Hi I think this movie is a good way to make friends!

All ages (except older people)

Young kids will love it and my niece loves it. My brother lets his dog watch it. It’s easy to understand and had a good message good for colors too! Don’t recommend for people older than 10

So bad it prompted my first review

Kids (9,6) wanted to see it so we finally gave in. So disappointed. Snotty and rude behavior, violent scary scenes with knives, fat shaming. I was appalled at the first ten minutes of this movie and what the entertainment industry considers appropriate for children these days. The most disgusting part for me was all the time spent on making the scullery maid a “babe” so she can impress the king and get him to fall in love with her. I know they tried to give the message later on that looks don’t matter, but the damage was already done. I wish we had skipped this movie.

Great for kids who like music and dancing!

Don’t get why people are saying it’s upsetting for kids, because mine laughed all the way through (I suspect it had more to do with watching it in theaters than the movie itself). No Trolls are actually eaten in the course of the movie (Branch’s grandma is said to be eaten, but it’s a brief mention and occurs offscreen), and the only relatively scary parts are with the Bergans in Bergantown (who are silly enough to not be especially scary at all). Enjoyed the music selection and was surprised to hear some songs I actually liked mixed in.

Loved Trolls

I should start by stating that I LOVED trolls when I was growing up so was pretty excited to see that trolls were making a come back! Fantastic movie, funny for adults and kids, awesome music and an interesting plot. Yes it was quite scary in parts. My youngest watched it at home with us when it came out which I was thankful for as she would have been really scared at the cinema so maybe hold out until your kids are a little older if they are sensitive to scary things (like my kids) or watch it at home so you can skip the scary bits.

Mild comic threat, language, infrequent very mild violence

The comic threat is mild, and it has a threat of the Trolls, that they are going to eaten by the bad guys. Mild language includes the word Oh My God used 5 times, and a song has got the word sh*t in it's lyrics, it isn't in the film, but that's about it. There is some infrequent very mild violence, including: A scene where the Chef chops up a lemon, and then she squirts it into a Trolls eye, He doesn't seem to be that injured. Some characters are seen in a cooking pot, set on fire, and pushed down a hill. Characters are chased by a pet crocodile, but they escape on a roller skate, with no injuries.