Parent reviews for Tully

Tully Poster Image

Great movie to watch with father of your child

I must tell you guys it is real , it is real when you don’t have money and you husband is trying to make it way through , it’s hard and it may be something for families to understand - take care of mom! She is wife lover , she is supporter and caretaker , she is the manager of their place where all family comes and sleeps and eats and does all the staff. Be grateful and attentive to mom !!!

So WARM, and also RAW!

It was on my watchlist throughout the entire last year! I finally saw it, and I LOVED it! The first act is the best without a doubt; it's solid, intimate, and relatable. We also get to know a lot of things about the characters that are fairly enough to flesh them out. Most importantly, Marlo, the protagonist that is played by the amazing Theron, who effortlessly delivered a performance that is definitely worthy to be nominated for an Oscar. Near the end of the first half of the movie I felt that the movie is going to take a familiar path to continue its story, as the real problem has been solved so early. That what happens, except for the unorthodox way it happens with. This unique way of storytelling didn't redeem the issue of solving the problem only after the first half of the movie (which has some consequences that I consider the real issue with this movie), but it helped to delve deeper into the main theme of the movie, and hence gave us the moral at the end in a fulfilling way. This disguised-as-a-plot-twist way also added to the "quirkiness" of the movie. Case in point, the brilliant use of foreshadowing through the editing. The aforementioned "consequences" are the major issue I have with this movie, simply because the new problem of the second half of the plot came out of nowhere. So I wasn't surprised when I found that the movie began to lost me at the end of the second act, and completely lost me before the last 10-15 minutes, when I began to care about the characters once more after the reveal of the "plot-twist". Such a warm and a bit "quirky" hidden gem that captures the psychological process of maturity and maternity in a way that is both sincere and raw. (7.5/10)

Different

Would b better if movie was longer Ad went into more details Think the director was lost interest midway throw Ad just ending it to fast good acting Sorry directing

Sheds light on a difficult topic

This movie makes you leave thinking so many things. I am not sure this movie is appropriate for anyone under 18 as the content is directed at a more mature audience. It shows a dark side of something that is often considered taboo in our society and it makes you think and wonder the whole way through. It has a few unnecessary scenes but in the end it all “makes sense”. If you have suffered from Post Partum, this movie may be hard for you to sit through. There are lots of swear words and some sex scenes on a tv show the main character watches... some mild drinking and a tad bit of reckless behaviour. But again it all ties together in the end. Parents if you watch this with your teen be prepared to turn it off or to answer a lot of questions. All in all this movie was raw and thought provoking. This movie shows how hard it is to be a mom in so many ways. It was enjoyable and uncomfortable, but makes you walk a mile in her shoes.